[2.0.17] Report Posts

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
62%
Very Good
20%
Good
9%
Fair
2%
Poor
7%

Total votes: 81

Extensions Robot
Extensions Robot
Extensions Robot

[2.0.17] Report Posts

Post by Extensions Robot »

MOD Name: Report Posts
Author: chatasos
MOD Description: This mod allows registered users to report posts to moderators. It adds a page where all reports can be displayed and the option to email the moderators when a report is made. Moderators can also write some comments about their actions on reported posts and full history of report actions is stored.

MOD Version: 1.2.3c (Updated 10/03/05)

Download File: report_posts_1.2.3c.zip
mods overview page: View
File Size: 25781 Bytes

Security Score: 0
Last edited by Extensions Robot on Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
(this is a non-active account manager for the phpBB Extension Customisations Team)
wGEric
Former Team Member
Name: Eric Faerber

Post by wGEric »

MOD Validated/Released

Notes:
Users can report posts to the moderators of the forum. This helps out the moderators of your board if you run a large forum and it is hard to check every post.
Eric
chatasos

Post by chatasos »

Seems interesting. Can we have some screenshots?
Starluke

Post by Starluke »

I've installed it on my forum and it works perfectly.

Check it out at http://www.splamm.com/elysium/forums

You will only be able to see one forum without registering though.

Oh, and is it possible to turn the "email the moderators when a new report comes" off? It is driving me crazy because my forum has 700+ users and they seem to hit the button often...
wGEric
Former Team Member

Post by wGEric »

In the Report Control Panel, at the bottom that turns it off.
Eric
chatasos

Post by chatasos »

Starluke wrote: I've installed it on my forum and it works perfectly.

Check it out at http://www.splamm.com/elysium/forums

You will only be able to see one forum without registering though.

Oh, and is it possible to turn the "email the moderators when a new report comes" off? It is driving me crazy because my forum has 700+ users and they seem to hit the button often...

Hi Starluke,
I looked at your site but i couldn't find anything that will help me report a post. Did i miss something?
onigumo

Post by onigumo »

Yeah -- you have to register to view that report icon on the top-right of every post.
I write articles on community building
@ The Infinity Program.
Wizard_SEMFE

Post by Wizard_SEMFE »

I don't get it.... :cry:
What's the use of open, close and delete????

At first I thought that delete would delete the post but it only deletes the report. Also when I use the close command the reports don't show up in viewpost_reports.php in order to "open" them again. Is there sth wrong???

Anyways it's a very nice mod. congratulations!!
Starluke

Post by Starluke »

Because I like this mod and not many people are willing to install something they don't know what it looks like, I'll post some screenshots.

^ Look at the top right corner

^ When writing a report

^ What appears at the bottom

^ What moderators see when they click the link
chatasos

Post by chatasos »

Thanks Starluke.

Now it's clear enough. I guess i'll give it a try...
Phanx

Post by Phanx »

Hmm. Great mod, but a few odd things during installation:

I'd downloaded this a few weeks ago, and noticed that the installation tells you to CREATE TABLE phpbb_post_reports but the included functions_reports.php is looking for $table_prefix . 'reports' which becomes phpbb_reports in a default installation. I renamed the table to match what the file was looking for, but kept getting an error in functions_report.php.

So I thought maybe something had been updated, or I'd mangled the files somehow, and came and re-downloaded it. The installation was still wanting me to create phpbb_post_reports but the table definition was gone from functions_reports.php, leading to a "table does not exist" error. I added the table definition to the new copy of functions_reports.php and things seem to be working fine now.
wGEric
Former Team Member

Post by wGEric »

Wizard_SEMFE wrote: I don't get it.... :cry:
What's the use of open, close and delete????

At first I thought that delete would delete the post but it only deletes the report. Also when I use the close command the reports don't show up in viewpost_reports.php in order to "open" them again. Is there sth wrong???

Open means the post report is still open. No action has been taken on it. Close means an action has been taken on the report and it can now be closed. Delete, deletes the report.

To change what reports are being showed, in the top right corner of the reports table you'll see a drop down box. There is where you change what reports are being viewed.

Phanx wrote: Hmm. Great mod, but a few odd things during installation:

I'd downloaded this a few weeks ago, and noticed that the installation tells you to CREATE TABLE phpbb_post_reports but the included functions_reports.php is looking for $table_prefix . 'reports' which becomes phpbb_reports in a default installation. I renamed the table to match what the file was looking for, but kept getting an error in functions_report.php.

When you are doing the SQL action, you are suppose to change the prefix to whatever one you are using. The code in the MOD uses whatever prefix your board uses.
So I thought maybe something had been updated, or I'd mangled the files somehow, and came and re-downloaded it. The installation was still wanting me to create phpbb_post_reports but the table definition was gone from functions_reports.php, leading to a "table does not exist" error. I added the table definition to the new copy of functions_reports.php and things seem to be working fine now.

If you installed a previous version of this MOD, then you will need to do the instructions for includes/constants.php since I moved where the table constant was being set.
Eric
Starluke

Post by Starluke »

Oh, and you may want to edit includes/page_tail.php so that the report link for admins isn't right next to the "go to Admin panel". It is rather annoying for me.

Open
includes/page_tail.php

Find

Code: Select all

'ADMIN_LINK' => $report_link . $admin_link
Replace that with

Code: Select all

'ADMIN_LINK' => $report_link . "<br>" . $admin_link
It's a simple fix, but it is needed.
Phanx

Post by Phanx »

Starluke wrote: Oh, and you may want to edit includes/page_tail.php so that the report link for admins isn't right next to the "go to Admin panel". It is rather annoying for me.

Already done. I even went so far as to make a separate REPORT_LINK template tag to contain the link to the Reports CP, and put both the code for both that and the Admin Panel link in page_header.php so I could have them at the top of the page with all the other links.

It would be nice to have the Reports CP link separate by default, though.
wGEric wrote: When you are doing the SQL action, you are suppose to change the prefix to whatever one you are using. The code in the MOD uses whatever prefix your board uses.

Hmm, I guess I wasn't clear on what I meant. What I meant was that the installation created the table <prefix>_post_reports and the MOD code was trying to call <prefix>_reports, which didn't exist. This problem was fixed in the new version of the MOD.
wGEric wrote: If you installed a previous version of this MOD, then you will need to do the instructions for includes/constants.php since I moved where the table constant was being set.

I must have missed that part when I read through it again, but it seems to be working alright with the table definition in functions_reports.php. I'll probably move it at some point for consistency's sake, though. :P
Blinkeh

Post by Blinkeh »

Just like to say that this mod work perfectly, and I got it to work with EasyMod very easily. Had to make a couple of manual template adjustments (expected) but other then that it works a charm.

You can find it in action here : http://forum.interlopers.net

Cheers

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”