[2.0.17] Search latest 24h 48h 72h

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
91%
Very Good
5%
Good
5%
Fair
No votes
Poor
No votes

Total votes: 22

rick5150

Post by rick5150 » Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:46 am

Everything seemed to go well - no error messages. With each search I get:

No topics or posts met your search criteria

Since there have been no new posts, would this cause that message? I assumed I would get all posts within that time frame regardless of whether I read them already or not...

tanrek

Post by tanrek » Sun May 21, 2006 4:54 pm

I implemented that fine MOD also on viewtopic and viewforum to provide a consistent navigation: http://www.indermezzo.de

Finally I would like to have it also on the page with the error message ("No topics or posts met your search criteria") in order to the users are not forced to use the back button and can select another choice. I have not clue how to manage that. Any hints?

Frug

Post by Frug » Fri May 26, 2006 8:46 pm

Can someone please confirm whether this mod works with phpbb 2.0.20?

tanrek

Post by tanrek » Fri May 26, 2006 8:50 pm

Frug wrote: Can someone please confirm whether this mod works with phpbb 2.0.20?

Yes, works fine:
http://indernet.ferntext.de (head area)
http://forum.froufrou.de (near footer)

Frug

Post by Frug » Fri May 26, 2006 8:55 pm

Okay, thank you.

M3g4d37h

Post by M3g4d37h » Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:26 pm

I have this mod installed using the subBlack template.

You can select "View latest: 4h 8h 24h" just fine, but sometimes once you do the search on 8h or 24h you will get no results -- However, refreshing the page 2-3 times will get you the desired results.

This issue hasn't happened on the 2h search, and i'm a little puzzled here.. Could someone make a suggestion??

yfs1

Post by yfs1 » Fri Jun 09, 2006 8:03 am

Not sure what may have changed (This was working until I applied the last phpBB update) but the urls now display as:
http://forums.yourfavouriteshop.com/abo ... highlight=

Which returns a page not found of course...Why is the highlight part in the url

Here is the Last 24 hours so you can see
http://forums.yourfavouriteshop.com/getdaily.php

markus_petrux
Former Team Member

Post by markus_petrux » Fri Jun 09, 2006 1:02 pm

@M3g4d37h: No idea what the cause may be. Do you have a link?

@yfs1: Sorry, getdaily.php is not part of this MOD. Are you sure you're knocking the right door?
EasyMOD Standards | MOD Template Actions | MODs in Development Rules
Useful information for MOD Authors | MOD Queue Stats | Search MODs
Write SQL/DDL portable to all SQL servers supported by phpBB!
Get EasyMOD 0.3.0! | Suport al phpBB en Català!
8)

M3g4d37h

Post by M3g4d37h » Fri Jun 09, 2006 3:19 pm

markus_petrux
Former Team Member

Post by markus_petrux » Fri Jun 09, 2006 3:54 pm

M3g4d37h wrote: Yes.. http://www.katotohanan.net/forum/

Just checked with firefox and IE6 and yes, it happens to me too. Sometimes I get a page with the title "Information", but the message "No topics or posts met your search criteria" isn't there, refreshing several times it finally appears, checking with the other browser (cache is new here) the message is there.

When trying another option (say last time it was 6h and now I check 12h), the same empty page appears, with both browsers, refresing a browser several times, the complete page appears, again clearing the cache and checking with the other browser the page is there.

Checking back the first option (back to search for 6h), if cached, the page was complete last time. Well, since we come from cheching for 12h, now 6h shows an empty page again.

Really strange, but it seems not related to this MOD, so I checked a normal search. Went to search.php, entered "site" (without quotes) and hit submit. Ok, it returns some posts. I refreshed the page and bang! got an empty page again!

There is something really strange here. Is it possible that you are using some kind of cache? ...or who knows. It's hard to tell. Anyway, I hope that may give you an idea or something to investigate further.
EasyMOD Standards | MOD Template Actions | MODs in Development Rules
Useful information for MOD Authors | MOD Queue Stats | Search MODs
Write SQL/DDL portable to all SQL servers supported by phpBB!
Get EasyMOD 0.3.0! | Suport al phpBB en Català!
8)

M3g4d37h

Post by M3g4d37h » Fri Jun 09, 2006 9:55 pm

markus_petrux wrote:
M3g4d37h wrote:Yes.. http://www.katotohanan.net/forum/

Just checked with firefox and IE6 and yes, it happens to me too. Sometimes I get a page with the title "Information", but the message "No topics or posts met your search criteria" isn't there, refreshing several times it finally appears, checking with the other browser (cache is new here) the message is there.

When trying another option (say last time it was 6h and now I check 12h), the same empty page appears, with both browsers, refresing a browser several times, the complete page appears, again clearing the cache and checking with the other browser the page is there.

Checking back the first option (back to search for 6h), if cached, the page was complete last time. Well, since we come from cheching for 12h, now 6h shows an empty page again.

Really strange, but it seems not related to this MOD, so I checked a normal search. Went to search.php, entered "site" (without quotes) and hit submit. Ok, it returns some posts. I refreshed the page and bang! got an empty page again!

There is something really strange here. Is it possible that you are using some kind of cache? ...or who knows. It's hard to tell. Anyway, I hope that may give you an idea or something to investigate further.

Using nothing out of the ordinary -- The only difference I see is the subBlack theme -- I always check manually before any installation to make sure that things are compatible, son't want to break anything. Installed it on a blank site, subSilver theme and it works flawlessly. THe only mod I have installed on the site you visited is EasyMod 0.3 (current), and I did install using this method, no errors returned. I'm thinking that it may be better to just modify all my subSilver colors to match the subBlack theme, etc, and see if this makes a difference.. Not sure how this will go, but at this point i'm fishing for answers, as I'm fairly new to php..

Thank you for your quick reply.

Fred

yfs1

Post by yfs1 » Mon Jun 12, 2006 11:16 am

markus_petrux wrote: @yfs1: Sorry, getdaily.php is not part of this MOD. Are you sure you're knocking the right door?

Sorry about that, I just redid all my Mods after the last update so I may have used a different one (I did use yours at one time)

So ignore my post

Cheers

guignol

Post by guignol » Mon Jun 19, 2006 1:11 pm

hello,
sorry by advance for my English I am French!
thank you already for this super mode!!!! cheer!

when I click on 24, 48 or 72! is nothing posted .... and yet there is full again post and topic ?

thank you in advance

TurkOyun

Post by TurkOyun » Mon Jun 19, 2006 4:07 pm

Excellent!

M3g4d37h

Post by M3g4d37h » Thu Jun 22, 2006 3:37 am

Okay, Markus..

I have dumped any themes that are not subSilver, and have only modified the colors via the control panel. I deleted the firefox cache, and have also tried using IE6 with the same results.

Since this is a stock installation, with only one additional link to the Coppermine Gallery (bridged to PHPBB) in the header file, and a few others have posted similar findings, I do not think this is one of those cases -- I did use EasyMod to install it, and removed the SQL entries because they already existed from a prior install of this mod.. If this makes any difference, I'm not sure.. Frankly, I scrape by, but I am the farthest thing from a php/html guru (without being a dope) that there is.

If there is anything I can do to help you find the issue, i'm certainly open to that.

ADDED: I have just noticed that no matter WHICH time frame you choose to do a search for new messages on (mine is set for 6/12/24 hours), the first search will always return a result (if there are new posts). If you search again right away, you have to do the refresh thing again (3-5 times usually), to return a result for the second/third time frame chosen, BUT if you go read a few posts, etc, then come back and try again, the first search will work, then back to the same cycle of refreshing to get results, etc.

I don't know if this will be helpful to you, but I thought it may be noteworthy enough to pass along to you.

Thanks for your time,

Fred

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”