Clone posts

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
62%
Very Good
31%
Good
8%
Fair
No votes
Poor
No votes

Total votes: 13

vag-forum

Post by vag-forum »

Apologizes for my mistake.
All of my files were good, excepted I've make a mistake in the name of the folder for functions_post.php: inculdes instead of includes :oops:
It works fine now, thank for your Mod and your support :D
uscomputergroup.com

Copy Post

Post by uscomputergroup.com »

Please forgive my ignorance of this operation. I'm new to administrating phpbb. I am wondering if this MOD is what I need to do the following;

On a clients site, we have a "Classifieds" category with a number of forums in that category. We would like to display a "Classified Rules & FAQ" topic at the top of each forum. Other than Cloning this topic, is there a way to have this topic show at the top of each forum in the Classifieds category?

Currently, I have the "Priorities" MOD installed to make the "Classified Rules & FAQ" topic display at the top of a single forum (same as making it a sticky). But, every time we make a change or add a rule or FAQ, I have to recreate the entire topic in EACH forum.

Is there a builtin feature to PHPBB to basically "mirror" this topic in each forum?

Thanks for your patience,
stickerboy
Former Team Member
Name: Kenny Cameron

Re: Copy Post

Post by stickerboy »

uscomputergroup.com wrote: Please forgive my ignorance of this operation. I'm new to administrating phpbb. I am wondering if this MOD is what I need to do the following;

On a clients site, we have a "Classifieds" category with a number of forums in that category. We would like to display a "Classified Rules & FAQ" topic at the top of each forum. Other than Cloning this topic, is there a way to have this topic show at the top of each forum in the Classifieds category?

Currently, I have the "Priorities" MOD installed to make the "Classified Rules & FAQ" topic display at the top of a single forum (same as making it a sticky). But, every time we make a change or add a rule or FAQ, I have to recreate the entire topic in EACH forum.

Is there a builtin feature to PHPBB to basically "mirror" this topic in each forum?

Thanks for your patience,

I think you're looking for a Global Announcements MOD - there's a few on this site, if you search the MODs database of the DEV forums. I have one on my forums called Global announce lite and works perfect with 2.0.19 :)
I'm a web-designing code-decrypting tech-support musician
|| Twitter || Flickr || phpBB Snippets ||
Formerly known as cherokee red
Platon

Post by Platon »

I got this message after clone a post (with the option checked and unchecked for the post in original poster's name rather than in your name): Sorry, but no such user exists.
I use the last version...
Could someone help me resolve this problem?
net83it

Post by net83it »

is it possible to allow the use of this mod only to admin and mods?
asinshesq
Name: Alan

Post by asinshesq »

net83it wrote: is it possible to allow the use of this mod only to admin and mods?

I'm not at home with access to my files, but I have a strong recollection I address that question quite specifically in the author's notes to the mod. Please download the mod and look at the author's notes and if you have any questions after doing that feel free to ask.
ycl6
Translator

Post by ycl6 »

MOD Updated to version 1.0.5
See first post for Download Link
asinshesq

Post by asinshesq »

Thanks, Mac.

Here's the changelog:

Code: Select all

##   2006-05-20	- Version 1.0.5
##		  no change in functionality, but cleaned up template where you select the target forum so it is easier to read
DoDe

Post by DoDe »

Hello...
I got the same message as platon has... "Sorry, but no such user exists" when i try to post someone's post. what is the problem... pls help me
asinshesq

Post by asinshesq »

DoDe wrote: Hello...
I got the same message as platon has... "Sorry, but no such user exists" when i try to post someone's post. what is the problem... pls help me

I'm on vacation away from my server for another week so I probalby can't help now, but in case something occurs to me, please post the real error message instead of a paraphrase - the exact and complete error message, including exactly where the error is generated and exactly what the sql read that created the error message. If you copy the entire error message and paste it into a post with quote or code tags around it that would help.
asinshesq

Post by asinshesq »

DoDe wrote: Hello...

I'm still off on vacation, but here are a few thoughts:

- my recollection (without looking at the files) is that that particular error message only exists for pms so I don't know why posting or cloning a post would ever generate it. Sounds like maybe you misinstalled this mod or there is another mod you have that is causing that error message (by itself or in combination with this mod).

- I did a google search on that error message it and came up with a hit saying that people were getting that message for pms when they used non standard browsers like opera and the pm recipient's name had certain letter combinations like tm. The problem in that case was that the browser is interpreting certain letter combinations in the wrong way (e.g. tm gets treated as though it is the symbol for trademark rather than as a 't' followed by an 'm'). Any chance that if you use IE or FF your problem goes away?

How about emailing me your posting.php and functions_post.php files and I'll take a look when I can. I just pm'd you my email address.

And also please make sure you post here the exact full error message you are getting (from start to finish).
midwestbonsai

Post by midwestbonsai »

I have installed this MOD.

Everything works great. But when I try to clone a post that has an attachment I get the following error.

General Error
You tried to change an attachment you do not have access to

I did not change anything.
Is this an incompatibility issue with the attachment MOD?
asinshesq

Post by asinshesq »

midwestbonsai wrote: I have installed this MOD.

Everything works great. But when I try to clone a post that has an attachment I get the following error.

General Error
You tried to change an attachment you do not have access to

I did not change anything.
Is this an incompatibility issue with the attachment MOD?

I don't think there is any incompatibility (I can clone posts with attachments on my forum) but I did not write code to clone the attachment so when you clone a post with an attachment the cloned post does not itself have an attachment. I guess I can code around that (I never needed to clone a post with an attachment on my board). But I won't ahve time to do that for quite a while.
midwestbonsai

Post by midwestbonsai »

It would really be nice to be able to clone a post with an attachment and have the attachment move.
asinshesq

Post by asinshesq »

This mod works fine on phpbb2.0.22

However, to install it for the first time on phpbb2.0.22, you will need to change the following instruction in clone_posts.txt:

Change

if ( $result = $db->sql_query($sql) )
{
	$post_info = $db->sql_fetchrow($result);
	$db->sql_freeresult($result);
to

if ( ($result = $db->sql_query($sql)) && ($post_info = $db->sql_fetchrow($result)) )
{
	$db->sql_freeresult($result);

If you already had this mod installed on a version of phpbb before 2.0.22 and you have since upgraded to phpbb2.0.22 you don't need to change anything to keep this mod working.

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”