[Tool] phpBB 2.0.15 to phpBB 2.0.16 Code Changes

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
80%
Very Good
10%
Good
2%
Fair
2%
Poor
6%

Total votes: 89

stardotstar

Post by stardotstar » Tue Jun 28, 2005 2:47 am

ensure you upload the update file to phpBB2/install not phpBB2 root directory :)
\x!\\_

Wo1f

As easy as...

Post by Wo1f » Tue Jun 28, 2005 2:51 am

Many thanks to the phpBB2 team. Flawless and painless on a multi-modded board (5 minutes). I'm going to become lazy because of youz! :wink:

chattalk

Post by chattalk » Tue Jun 28, 2005 3:40 am

yea! it worked when i put in the install folder..

how come it needs to be in that folder and not jus straight in root folder?

stardotstar

Post by stardotstar » Tue Jun 28, 2005 3:58 am

update script methodology they decided on I guess - the links in the file tell the script to ascend into the phpBB2 root directory:

eg:

Code: Select all

'./../extension.inc' 
which says begin : ./ (this directory) ../ ascend into the directory above and open extension.inc

HTH

:)
\x!\\_

dcpaq2

Post by dcpaq2 » Tue Jun 28, 2005 4:37 am

Why so many frequent upgrades? It seems like there's an upgrade about every month.

:(

Doug

stardotstar

Post by stardotstar » Tue Jun 28, 2005 4:47 am

It's simply not possible to design, implement and release a perfect, fully secure and immutable product. Commercial products usually lag well behind the discovery of exploits not only in the implementation of the software but the underlying architecture they are built on. Like in our case php, apache, mysql et al

In the open source world we have the benefit of being able to stay abreast of exploits as they occur - or as soon as practicable. The open nature of the code makes the fix faster to develop and distribute.

You have to stay ahead of the crackers, script kiddies and viruses etc because new ways of exploiting software is invented every day and it can't be defended against until it is identified (and that needn't be as a direct result of an attack or successful exploit.)

These guys are incredible in their commitment to refining and improving the distro as often as possible given the nature of the task - not just to provide a new vanilla release of the phpBB2 but easy way of upgrading a heavily modified one.

2c anyway
Will
\x!\\_

NightriderXP

Post by NightriderXP » Tue Jun 28, 2005 5:13 am

As expected, the 2.0.16 update went smoothly on my board using EasyMod. Good job as usual Acyd Burn & Meik Sievertsen...

:lol:
Last edited by NightriderXP on Tue Jun 28, 2005 6:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

stu15

Post by stu15 » Tue Jun 28, 2005 5:30 am

Hello Doug :)

long time to talk ;)
dcpaq2 wrote: Why so many frequent upgrades?

Maybe because phpbb is a LOT more poplar there it was a few years ago? & because of this there more security issue, & I guess you don’t what your forum to be hacked do you?
It seems like there's an upgrade about every month.

Between phpBB 2.0.14& phpBB 2.0.15 there was 22 days between upgrades & between phpbb 2.0.15 & 2.0.16 it was 51 days between upgrades.

Keep up the good work phpBB :) & Good work Acyd Burn on this mod, it will be very useful in updating the 20+ forum I help look after.
A Registered User > I maybe wrong...So please correct him :) || My Forum - Stu's phpBB Helpdesk

bugfixed
Name: Murat

Post by bugfixed » Tue Jun 28, 2005 7:15 am

thanks

Toumal

Post by Toumal » Tue Jun 28, 2005 8:43 am

Forau wrote: I keep getting "Parse error: parse error, unexpected $ in /url_hidden/viewtopic.php on line 1336" when I try to update viewtopic.php and I cannot see where the fault is.

I get the same problem. I tried undoing the single change in viewtopic.php but to no avail. The error must be somewhere else. I double-checked all changes but could not find the error so far.

arunfreaks

Error 500

Post by arunfreaks » Tue Jun 28, 2005 9:10 am

I tried updating my forum which runs phpbb 2.0.15, updated all the files which were mentioned but when ran update_to_latest.php in the install directory it gave me an configuration error 500, plz tell me what is wrong or plz tell me what to change manually which is done automatically in update_to_latest.php.

Please reply as soon as possible.

NightriderXP

Post by NightriderXP » Tue Jun 28, 2005 9:23 am

This database update drops and creates some tables, adds and modifies fields and indexes, and updates some of the data in the tables, including the version number. You really need to get the update_to_latest.php file to work...

Where do you have the install folder stored? It has to be in the phpBB2 root. The URL in your browser will look something like this:

http://yourdomain.com/phpBB2/install/up ... latest.php

I hope that helps...

arunfreaks

Post by arunfreaks » Tue Jun 28, 2005 9:30 am

yes it is in the root directory inside the install directory and gave me an error while running, it would be better if you could tell me which tables to drop, create and update so that I can use phpmyadmin on my server to do it. plz post the syntax for the same.

NightriderXP

Post by NightriderXP » Tue Jun 28, 2005 9:40 am

What you are asking for isn't a small task. It would be better to find out why this update file isn't working for you. Almost every update has one, so it would be better to fix this now...

adaytay

Post by adaytay » Tue Jun 28, 2005 10:00 am

Forau wrote: Also, is this code correct? I copied it from the file, but it doesn't look right with the singular "else".

Code: Select all

#
#-----[ FIND ]---------------------------------------------
# Line 455
		$avatar_sql = user_avatar_delete($userdata['user_avatar_type'], $userdata['user_avatar']);
	}

#
#-----[ AFTER, ADD ]---------------------------------------------
# 
	else

# 
#-----[ OPEN ]--------------------------------------------- 
# 
modcp.php

Any update on this? I've just come across this one too, and don't want to progress further. Seems weird that the if statement isn't being closed off and there's no actual "else" statement - or is that just a PHP thing?

Cheers,

Ad

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”