[Tool] phpBB 2.0.15 to phpBB 2.0.16 Code Changes

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
80%
Very Good
10%
Good
2%
Fair
2%
Poor
6%

Total votes: 89

Toumal

Post by Toumal » Tue Jun 28, 2005 10:04 am

I think this is correct, since there is another "if" on the next line after that. Thus, it turns it into an "else if" statement.

chatasos

Post by chatasos » Tue Jun 28, 2005 10:05 am

adaytay wrote:
Forau wrote:
Also, is this code correct? I copied it from the file, but it doesn't look right with the singular "else".

Code: Select all

#
#-----[ FIND ]---------------------------------------------
# Line 455
		$avatar_sql = user_avatar_delete($userdata['user_avatar_type'], $userdata['user_avatar']);
	}

#
#-----[ AFTER, ADD ]---------------------------------------------
# 
	else

# 
#-----[ OPEN ]--------------------------------------------- 
# 
modcp.php

Any update on this? I've just come across this one too, and don't want to progress further. Seems weird that the if statement isn't being closed off and there's no actual "else" statement - or is that just a PHP thing?

Cheers,

Ad

This is working fine on me..

before

if ()
{
}
if ()
{
}
after

if ()
{
}
else
if ()
{
}

Saint_hh
Name: Kevin

Post by Saint_hh » Tue Jun 28, 2005 10:06 am

NightriderXP wrote: This database update drops and creates some tables, adds and modifies fields and indexes, and updates some of the data in the tables, including the version number. You really need to get the update_to_latest.php file to work...

Between the 2.0.15 and the 2.0.16 only the version number is updated.

NightriderXP

Post by NightriderXP » Tue Jun 28, 2005 10:07 am

I checked the code on that too. The next statement is an IF statement, so the else would go well with this. I saw nothing wrong with this change...

:lol:

adaytay

Post by adaytay » Tue Jun 28, 2005 10:08 am

Chatasos, Toumal - thanks :) Will carry on with the upgrade, just thought it'd be wise to double-check first.

Cheers,

Ad

NightriderXP

Post by NightriderXP » Tue Jun 28, 2005 10:08 am

Saint_hh wrote: Between the 2.0.15 and the 2.0.16 only the version number is updated.

You might want to take a gander at your update_to_latest.php file. There is a lot more going on there than just a version update...

adaytay

Post by adaytay » Tue Jun 28, 2005 10:09 am

NightriderXP wrote: I checked the code on that too. The next statement is an IF statement, so the else would go well with this. I saw nothing wrong with this change...

Lol Thanks Nightrider... being a VB coder and not knowing much about PHP I kinda got confuddled...!!

Cheers,

Ad

NightriderXP

Post by NightriderXP » Tue Jun 28, 2005 10:22 am

You are welcome adaytay. It seems like that line caught several people's eyes...

I may be mistaken about what's going on in the update_to_latest.php file. I missed what the case statements were looking at. Right now, it looks like if your board is up to date when you apply this MOD, the SQL query will look something like this:

UPDATE phpbb_config
	  SET config_value='.0.16'
	  WHERE config_name='version';

Saint_hh

Post by Saint_hh » Tue Jun 28, 2005 10:24 am

That's what i said. :wink:

NightriderXP

Post by NightriderXP » Tue Jun 28, 2005 10:29 am

Yep, I like to be right, but I also like to be accurate. I went back and rechecked after your post. Thanks for setting me straight...

For those whose forums are not up to date and they are skipping up to this MOD, which I would not recommend, then the update_to_latest.php file could make a lot of adjustments to the database...

It would be best to figure out why this file doesn't work rather than trying to get someone to translate the queries to run in phpMyAdmin...

Saint_hh

Post by Saint_hh » Tue Jun 28, 2005 10:38 am

You're welcome. :D
And I absolutely agree with your last post - the update_to_latest.php script should work without any errors.

thecharmed01
Former Team Member

Post by thecharmed01 » Tue Jun 28, 2005 11:46 am

Legendary guys, thanks for making this one work properly first time out.
Expect nothing less than the best :D

I have upgraded all of my boards with this now :D
Please refrain from PM'ing me for support unless I specifically ask you to.......

Helpful Pages: ~ [Styles FAQ] ~ [Styles User Guide] ~ [Styles Submission Policy]
My Site: [C1 Web Design]
| Mummy | Web Designer | Slave | Digi-Scrap Addict | Vampire |

Toumal

Post by Toumal » Tue Jun 28, 2005 11:48 am

...And I still get the parse error in viewtopic.php.

I "fixed" it for the time being by using a stock viewtopic.php. However, I dia a thorough diff and the difference code shows no errors. Also I didn't change anything in there except the single line that was modified in this update. Reverting that change also didn't help.

I'm kinda lost now...

arunfreaks

Hurray!

Post by arunfreaks » Tue Jun 28, 2005 1:31 pm

Site updated to 2.0.16 successfully, encountered some probs earlier with the php script included in the install directory, but executed successfully today. Thank you to the phpbb team to provide such an updation utility for multi moded sites, thanks once again. phpbb rocks like never before now :D

King Moonraiser

Post by King Moonraiser » Tue Jun 28, 2005 2:47 pm

I made the mods but forgot to update the database. I ran the update php file nd everything seems fine. My questions is, did the fact that the forum was runing 12+ hours without that update cause any problems?

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”