[2.0.17] Inline Banner Ad

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
60%
Very Good
18%
Good
13%
Fair
3%
Poor
6%

Total votes: 143

geocator

Post by geocator »

Mortgages wrote: NB:please add your version from your site to the first page of this thread (with the installer), it would make it simple for everyone.

It is in the que waiting to be validated. It takes time, I cant just change the first post. The MOD team has to do there thing :)
getzsa

Post by getzsa »

What is inline ad banner?

Is it the same as the ad banner down below?
geocator

Post by geocator »

getzsa wrote: What is inline ad banner?

Is it the same as the ad banner down below?

8O It is a banner inline with posts. Reading some of the posts in this topic would probably give you a good idea of what it does.
spitt

Post by spitt »

inline banner ad example -> http://rpg-exploiters.shoq.net/forums/v ... php?t=5162

You will note, i have one banner after the first post, then every 5 posts thereafter. This has already increased the clicks by 100%. Also, I have made it so that any person who has made a donation to the board, for any amount, does not see the banners. Anyone who has not made a donation, still sees them.

Note for those of you who wish to have more one one banner type inline then others, make more then one of the type of banner you wish to show. In example, I have one for "Your banner code here", 3 for google adsense, and one for Forceshock, a scripting program We have a deal on. So even with a psuedo random banner rotation, Google's Adsense whould show up more then any other ad.

For a 100%width table, the letterboard banners are best. For a forum which is 80% or less, try regular size banners of 468x60.

You might also want to put a firefox and a refer google adsense to the bottom of the pages, whereas adsense, should go into the inlines.
ministyle

Post by ministyle »

Spitt - How did you get the google ads to do anything except display password and sql ads??? I can't seem to get google to read the page...
geocator

Post by geocator »

ministyle wrote: Spitt - How did you get the google ads to do anything except display password and sql ads??? I can't seem to get google to read the page...

Ok. Not to be mean or rude, but I am gonna stop this right here. Please do not discuss non MOD issues in this thread and clutter it up. PM would be appropriate for this kind of thing.

Thank You.
zeropsi

Post by zeropsi »

I have a small idea for this that I am working on, but maybe it has already been done.

I am trying to have it randomly choose where it goes instead of after the first post. Either have the ad go above the topics, below the topics, or inline after the first.

Anyone have any ideas on this?
mosport

Post by mosport »

Geocator,

is there an upgrade from the version on this site and the new one on your site or do i just overwright everything with the new files & install file ?
Thanks.
ineXorable

Post by ineXorable »

zeropsi wrote: I have a small idea for this that I am working on, but maybe it has already been done.

I am trying to have it randomly choose where it goes instead of after the first post. Either have the ad go above the topics, below the topics, or inline after the first.

Anyone have any ideas on this?

I would love to see something like this. here is an example of how it looks on my board...

http://www.g15forums.com/forum
geocator

Post by geocator »

mosport wrote: Geocator,

is there an upgrade from the version on this site and the new one on your site or do i just overwright everything with the new files & install file ?
Thanks.

There are instruction in the mod file, but IIRC, you just need to update lang_admin.php and then overwrite the provided files. There are no db changes and there are no signifigant changes to viewtopic.php (all the stuff there is just indents and formatting of the code).
cubechris

Post by cubechris »

Is it possible to get this to work on certain member groups?
mosport

Post by mosport »

cubechris wrote: Is it possible to get this to work on certain member groups?

yeah, you just punch in the group id no, in the admin section.
cubechris

Post by cubechris »

mosport wrote:
cubechris wrote:Is it possible to get this to work on certain member groups?

yeah, you just punch in the group id no, in the admin section.

Cheers :D
Shanana

Post by Shanana »

I was going to ask about the member groups. Sounds like this mod is good enough.
Clubracer

Post by Clubracer »

Hi Geocator,

After installing the mod it was running good for about 12hours.
After this time we get an error like this:

Code: Select all

Couldn't obtain category list.

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1030 Got error 28 from table handler

SELECT c.cat_id, c.cat_title, c.cat_order FROM phpbb_categories c, phpbb_forums f WHERE f.cat_id = c.cat_id GROUP BY c.cat_id, c.cat_title, c.cat_order ORDER BY c.cat_order

Line : 183
File : functions.phpCouldn't obtain category list.

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1030 Got error 28 from table handler

SELECT c.cat_id, c.cat_title, c.cat_order FROM phpbb_categories c, phpbb_forums f WHERE f.cat_id = c.cat_id GROUP BY c.cat_id, c.cat_title, c.cat_order ORDER BY c.cat_order

Line : 183
File : functions.php
Running on:
phpBB 2.0.18 - subsilver
using Version: 1.2.3

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”