[2.0.17] Inline Banner Ad

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
60%
Very Good
18%
Good
13%
Fair
3%
Poor
6%

Total votes: 143

geocator

Re: SQL Error : 1054 Unknown column

Post by geocator »

cpc101 wrote: I'm trying to help out a buddy with this mod and I'm banging my head. I'm new at this and need some help. When we create a group in the ACP and then add that group to the exclude part in inline config I receive this error when a user is assigned to that group and tries to view topics.

You have not run the required SQL querries
OKCRandy

Re: [2.0.17] Inline Banner Ad

Post by OKCRandy »

I know this is probably a dumb question and I have tried to look for the answer.

Where is the contol for the mod access? I cannot find it and do not seem to see it in the ACP 8)
geocator

Post by geocator »

OKCRandy wrote: I know this is probably a dumb question and I have tried to look for the answer.

Where is the contol for the mod access? I cannot find it and do not seem to see it in the ACP 8)

The MOD adds two additional menu options in the Admin Panel. If they are not there it is because the admin files where not uploaded.
hponce

Post by hponce »

The MOD is no longer available: Oopsies… what you have requested is gone!
geocator

Post by geocator »

hponce wrote: The MOD is no longer available: Oopsies… what you have requested is gone!

The MOD database here is currently not fully operational as outlined in the announcement in this forum
clueless123

Post by clueless123 »

hi. I am totally cluless in programming. However I wanted to add google ads as per inline banner instructions. I believe I have done everything right but for the love of me I dont know how to run inline_install.php any help from anyone pliz?
geocator

Post by geocator »

You run it like any other page, upload it and then go to it in your browse.
clueless123

Post by clueless123 »

geocator wrote: You run it like any other page, upload it and then go to it in your browse.

I did that and it just showed a blank page. I then deleted the file as per instructions and went to the control panel. But no inline ad control is showing. Is there something I am missing?
geocator

Post by geocator »

clueless123 wrote:
geocator wrote: You run it like any other page, upload it and then go to it in your browse.

I did that and it just showed a blank page. I then deleted the file as per instructions and went to the control panel. But no inline ad control is showing. Is there something I am missing?

Yeah you have to follow the instructions in the MOD to add the code to your site. The install file only sets up the database.
clueless123

Post by clueless123 »

geocator wrote:
clueless123 wrote:

Yeah you have to follow the instructions in the MOD to add the code to your site. The install file only sets up the database.

I followed the instructions in the mod. It was just at the end were it said run inline_install.php that threw me off. I ran it as you said which is where I got a blank screen(Is that what I should get?) The only thing I didnt do was the part in the mod which says "# This file only needs uploading if you use Advanced Version Check (http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=277654)
#
copy files/admin/avc_mods/avc_inline_banner_ad.php to admin/avc_mods/avc_inline_banner_ad.php"

Could that be whats causing it? If it is do I need to rerun inline_install.php again? I wasnt sure if I use Advanced Version. Thanx in advance...
geocator

Post by geocator »

You should get more than a blank screen, but the absence of the admin panel options indicates that you did not upload all correct files. Also if you modified the other code correctly but the database changes where not done you would be getting errors on every topic.
clueless123

Post by clueless123 »

geocator wrote: You should get more than a blank screen, but the absence of the admin panel options indicates that you did not upload all correct files. Also if you modified the other code correctly but the database changes where not done you would be getting errors on every topic.

Thanx I tried again...I think I am getting somewhere. I just ran inline_instal.php and it producd the following message

"Installing Inline Banner Ads
Please wait until all steps are done and you recieve a message that says "Installation Complete"

Creating Ad Table: Failed

Updating Ad Table: Failed

Adding New Config Values: Success

Installation Complete However there where some errors, you need to run the following sql queries manually.

CREATE TABLE phpbb_inline_ads ( ad_id TINYINT( 5 ) NOT NULL auto_increment, ad_code TEXT NOT NULL , ad_name CHAR( 25 ) NOT NULL, PRIMARY KEY (ad_id) );

INSERT INTO phpbb_inline_ads (ad_id , ad_code, ad_name ) VALUES (1, 'Your banner code goes here', 'Default'); "

when I saw all that code my mind went...what??? How do I resolve this problem? Than again for your time
clueless123

Post by clueless123 »

The ad management is now showing in control panel but error below is generated when you click Ad Code :

Could not query ad information

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1146 Table 'phpbb_9.phpbb_inline_ads' doesn't exist

SELECT a.ad_name, a.ad_id FROM phpbb_inline_ads a

Line : 132
File : admin_inline_ad_code.php
geocator

Post by geocator »

It looks like there is a restriction with creating tables. You need to run these in phpmyadmin on the sql tab:

Code: Select all

CREATE TABLE phpbb_inline_ads ( ad_id TINYINT( 5 ) NOT NULL auto_increment, ad_code TEXT NOT NULL , ad_name CHAR( 25 ) NOT NULL, PRIMARY KEY (ad_id) );

INSERT INTO phpbb_inline_ads (ad_id , ad_code, ad_name ) VALUES (1, 'Your banner code goes here', 'Default'); "
clueless123

Post by clueless123 »

geocator wrote: It looks like there is a restriction with creating tables. You need to run these in phpmyadmin on the sql tab:

Code: Select all

Please dont laugh I need someone to hold my hands...I have just loaded phpmyadmin...I dont have a clue where to put this code. Its all new to me :cry:

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”