[2.0.17] Inline Banner Ad

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
86
60%
Very Good
26
18%
Good
18
13%
Fair
4
3%
Poor
9
6%
 
Total votes: 143

Arglwydd
Registered User
Posts: 133
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2005 7:58 pm
Location: Wales, UK
Contact:

Re: [2.0.17] Inline Banner Ad

Post by Arglwydd »

Arglwydd wrote: Would it be possible to have this code adapted so that certain ads will only show up on certain templates? This way I can blend my ads to suit each colour theme, rather than trying to come up with something that fits in with all of them.


I hate doing this, but it's been a few days now, so 'bump'.
MythicalRealmRPG.net! A roleplaying site for adult writers!
LCNA - A mafia-themed text-based roleplaying game for all ages!
geocator
Registered User
Posts: 16242
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2004 11:56 pm
Location: On dry land
Contact:

Re: [2.0.17] Inline Banner Ad

Post by geocator »

Arglwydd wrote:
Arglwydd wrote: Would it be possible to have this code adapted so that certain ads will only show up on certain templates? This way I can blend my ads to suit each colour theme, rather than trying to come up with something that fits in with all of them.


I hate doing this, but it's been a few days now, so 'bump'.

Not at this time
Arglwydd
Registered User
Posts: 133
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2005 7:58 pm
Location: Wales, UK
Contact:

Re: [2.0.17] Inline Banner Ad

Post by Arglwydd »

Okay, well thanks anyway for taking the time to answer. Still a great MOD. ;-)
MythicalRealmRPG.net! A roleplaying site for adult writers!
LCNA - A mafia-themed text-based roleplaying game for all ages!
DynoGT
Registered User
Posts: 397
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2006 10:06 pm
Location: Jacksonville, Fl

Re: [2.0.17] Inline Banner Ad

Post by DynoGT »

A while back
DynoGT wrote: Is there any way to get the ads to show up above everything else as if you're putting them at the top of the overall header?

Like this
http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m34/ ... dsgood.jpg


and
EXreaction wrote: Well, all you really have to do is move around the code it has you put in the template files(move it for whatever page you want it moved).


I want to put it in the overall_header file instead of the viewtopic_body. But there's no <!-- END postrow --> in overall_header. Can you tell me how to add it to in there? Here's a link to the file.
http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/5/31/ ... header.txt[/quote]
geocator
Registered User
Posts: 16242
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2004 11:56 pm
Location: On dry land
Contact:

Re: [2.0.17] Inline Banner Ad

Post by geocator »

There is really no need to use this MOD to add ads to the header. You just need to edit the template files. However, be warned that if using Google AdSense, you are breaking the TOS if you put ads in the header as they will display on pages not allowed by google.
DynoGT
Registered User
Posts: 397
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2006 10:06 pm
Location: Jacksonville, Fl

Re: [2.0.17] Inline Banner Ad

Post by DynoGT »

I know. The reason I wanted to use this mod was to put them in the overall header while restricting them from showing up on the faq, memberlist, etc. With this mod, you can restrict the ads from showing up on certain pages right? It's been a while since I installed it.

If so, what do I need to do to apply this mod to the overall_header?
geocator
Registered User
Posts: 16242
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2004 11:56 pm
Location: On dry land
Contact:

Re: [2.0.17] Inline Banner Ad

Post by geocator »

DynoGT wrote: I know. The reason I wanted to use this mod was to put them in the overall header while restricting them from showing up on the faq, memberlist, etc. With this mod, you can restrict the ads from showing up on certain pages right? It's been a while since I installed it.

If so, what do I need to do to apply this mod to the overall_header?


No this MOD only controls ads on viewtopic, nothing else. I think there is a MOD for the header or the other method is to put the add code in index_body, viewtopic_body, and viewforum_body.
DynoGT
Registered User
Posts: 397
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2006 10:06 pm
Location: Jacksonville, Fl

Re: [2.0.17] Inline Banner Ad

Post by DynoGT »

Well thanks for letting me know. If by some chance you see it again, could you please send me a link? It may take a while for me to find it with the mod search being down and google is giving me a hard time too..

Thanks,
D
User avatar
TheLastLegion
Registered User
Posts: 117
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2006 8:21 pm
Contact:

Re: [2.0.17] Inline Banner Ad

Post by TheLastLegion »

Hello can i use this for phpbb 2.0.22 and also where can i download this as phpbb modifications are disabled.
OttoHost LLC - Solutions for the Web - http://www.ottohost.com
Live Support Around the clock • Ruby on Rails • Fantastico de Luxe • US Phone Support Available
Real 24/7 Support, 99.9% Uptime Guarantee, Fast Intel Xeon Quad Core Servers
wizcom
Registered User
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2004 6:01 pm

Re: [2.0.17] Inline Banner Ad

Post by wizcom »

Hi Guys,

I'm trying to debug this error for a friend. I searched the forum and found the previous posts and did the suggestions.

Did the SQL commands via PhpMyAdmin (no diference)

Dropped the phpbb_inline_ads table, redid the SQL stuff, same, no difference.

Checked to make sure the mods were made to the php_config table (they were)

Here's the EXACT syntax of the error

----------------------------------------------------------------------

ERROR:::
Could not query ad information

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1054 Unknown column 'CPC_ad_Glasses' in 'where clause'

SELECT 1 FROM phpbb_user_group WHERE user_id=2 AND (group_id=0 OR group_id=CPC_ad_Glasses)

Line : 2272
File : viewtopic.php

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Any ideas?

Howard J. Brubaker
Wizcom, Ltd
geocator
Registered User
Posts: 16242
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2004 11:56 pm
Location: On dry land
Contact:

Re: [2.0.17] Inline Banner Ad

Post by geocator »

TheLastLegion wrote: Hello can i use this for phpbb 2.0.22 and also where can i download this as phpbb modifications are disabled.

Yes this will work for .22, download instructions for all MODs are in the big red box up top.
geocator
Registered User
Posts: 16242
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2004 11:56 pm
Location: On dry land
Contact:

Re: [2.0.17] Inline Banner Ad

Post by geocator »

wizcom wrote: Hi Guys,

I'm trying to debug this error for a friend. I searched the forum and found the previous posts and did the suggestions.

Did the SQL commands via PhpMyAdmin (no diference)

Dropped the phpbb_inline_ads table, redid the SQL stuff, same, no difference.

Checked to make sure the mods were made to the php_config table (they were)

Here's the EXACT syntax of the error

----------------------------------------------------------------------

ERROR:::
Could not query ad information

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1054 Unknown column 'CPC_ad_Glasses' in 'where clause'

SELECT 1 FROM phpbb_user_group WHERE user_id=2 AND (group_id=0 OR group_id=CPC_ad_Glasses)

Line : 2272
File : viewtopic.php

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Any ideas?

Howard J. Brubaker
Wizcom, Ltd


This MOD has no table called, ad_Glasses, so you made a mistake editing the code, or possibly there is an issue with another MOD.
wizcom
Registered User
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2004 6:01 pm

Re: [2.0.17] Inline Banner Ad

Post by wizcom »

geocator wrote:
wizcom wrote: Hi Guys,

I'm trying to debug this error for a friend. I searched the forum and found the previous posts and did the suggestions.

Did the SQL commands via PhpMyAdmin (no diference)

Dropped the phpbb_inline_ads table, redid the SQL stuff, same, no difference.

Checked to make sure the mods were made to the php_config table (they were)

Here's the EXACT syntax of the error

----------------------------------------------------------------------

ERROR:::
Could not query ad information

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1054 Unknown column 'CPC_ad_Glasses' in 'where clause'

SELECT 1 FROM phpbb_user_group WHERE user_id=2 AND (group_id=0 OR group_id=CPC_ad_Glasses)

Line : 2272
File : viewtopic.php

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Any ideas?

Howard J. Brubaker
Wizcom, Ltd


This MOD has no table called, ad_Glasses, so you made a mistake editing the code, or possibly there is an issue with another MOD.



This makes no sense. The ad_Glasses is NOT a table but a user group that exists in the forum. The idea is to exclude this group from seeing advertisements.

Any other ideas?

hjb
User avatar
nickthrolson
Registered User
Posts: 12
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2006 1:02 am
Location: california
Contact:

Re: [2.0.17] Inline Banner Ad

Post by nickthrolson »

hi everyone any other website i can download this mod some reason it is not working this would help me out alot thanks 8)
geocator
Registered User
Posts: 16242
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2004 11:56 pm
Location: On dry land
Contact:

Re: [2.0.17] Inline Banner Ad

Post by geocator »

Please read the big red box at the top of this page for download instructions.
Post Reply

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”