keep unread flags

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
75%
Very Good
17%
Good
4%
Fair
No votes
Poor
4%

Total votes: 96

Merlin Sythove

Post by Merlin Sythove »

Sorry, that is way way off topic in this thread.
»»EDDY««

Post by »»EDDY«« »

Merlin:
Google has no cookies (nor does it transfer "referer"), so adding "&view=newest" to web-adress has no point.
Make a Tiny URL in excellent domain heh.pl

cooling system & water cooling
Merlin Sythove

Post by Merlin Sythove »

»»EDDY«« wrote: Merlin:
Google has no cookies (nor does it transfer "referer"), so adding "&view=newest" to web-adress has no point.

OK, thanks for the info.
bitter-peace

Post by bitter-peace »

Merlin Sythove wrote: Sorry, that is way way off topic in this thread.

i know, problem is there is no topic for it...and i cant create a new one
TFM

Post by TFM »

I downloaded this mod but in the download .zip file is only UPGRADES from prevous versions. I can't seem to find any instructions for a fresh install of this great sounding (I don't know WHY this isn't in the base phpBB) mod.

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong or where I can get the full version?

Thanks.

Dean
asinshesq
Name: Alan

Post by asinshesq »

TFM wrote: I downloaded this mod but in the download .zip file is only UPGRADES from prevous versions. I can't seem to find any instructions for a fresh install of this great sounding (I don't know WHY this isn't in the base phpBB) mod.

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong or where I can get the full version?

Thanks.

Dean

Where are you looking? In the root of the zip file when you expand it you will find keep_unread_2-0-2a.txt. That is not an upgrade...that is the basic mod. The upgrade scripts are all hidden in the contrib folder so you can ignore that folder.
TFM

Post by TFM »

Well, I'm a moron. 8O Thanks for pointing that out.
asinshesq

Post by asinshesq »

TFM wrote: Well, I'm a moron. 8O Thanks for pointing that out.

Hey, it was your first post...you're entitled ;) Make sure you use easymod to install and you will save yourself (and us) a lot of time and hassle!
TFM

Post by TFM »

asinshesq wrote:
TFM wrote:Well, I'm a moron. 8O Thanks for pointing that out.

Hey, it was your first post...you're entitled ;) Make sure you use easymod to install and you will save yourself (and us) a lot of time and hassle!

Does easymod really work? I've got several mods installed and had heard (years ago that it could cause problems)
asinshesq

Post by asinshesq »

TFM wrote:
asinshesq wrote:
TFM wrote:Well, I'm a moron. 8O Thanks for pointing that out.

Does easymod really work? I've got several mods installed and had heard (years ago that it could cause problems)

That's old news. It's now totally dependible and it saves huge amounts of time and aggravation. Please please use it. Once you do you'll never go back!

(Even if you have a heavily modded board, you should be using easymod. If easymod can't find a line to change because of one of your mods, it will tell you exactly what it can't find and you can then go in by hand and fix the mod script to conform with what your board actually looks like.)
TFM

Post by TFM »

Ugg. I decided to test it out on my almost stock board (file attachments and Extreme Styles)

Easy Mod installed ok but the Unread mod came up with a huge list of errors. It also says this mod is not easy mod compatible.

Any ideas?

Code: Select all

EasyMOD encountered the following error(s). A general error could be ABC. A critical error means D and you should do XYZ.

Error Detail

Critical Error

FIND FAILED: In file [viewtopic.php] could not find:

$search = '<a href="' . $temp_url . '">' . sprintf($lang['Search_user_posts'], $postrow[$i]['username']) . '</a>';

MOD script line #894 :: FAQ :: Report

Edit: I just realized that I don't have the latest phpbb patch installed. That must be part of that as that line doesn't exist.
asinshesq

Post by asinshesq »

TFM wrote: Ugg. I decided to test it out on my almost stock board (file attachments and Extreme Styles)

Easy Mod installed ok but the Unread mod came up with a huge list of errors. It also says this mod is not easy mod compatible.

Any ideas?

Code: Select all

EasyMOD encountered the following error(s). A general error could be ABC. A critical error means D and you should do XYZ.

Error Detail

Critical Error

FIND FAILED: In file [viewtopic.php] could not find:

$search = '<a href="' . $temp_url . '">' . sprintf($lang['Search_user_posts'], $postrow[$i]['username']) . '</a>';

MOD script line #894 :: FAQ :: Report

Edit: I just realized that I don't have the latest phpbb patch installed. That must be part of that as that line doesn't exist.

Right, it assumes you have a 2.0.17 board. And it was only complaining about that one single line (that doesn't exist because you don't have 2.0.17)...the other listed commands were commands it succesfully processed. So all you need to do is to upgrade to 2.0.17, which you can do using easymod in 2 seconds.
TFM

Post by TFM »

asinshesq wrote: Right, it assumes you have a 2.0.17 board. And it was only complaining about that one single line (that doesn't exist because you don't have 2.0.17)...the other listed commands were commands it succesfully processed. So all you need to do is to upgrade to 2.0.17, which you can do using easymod in 2 seconds.

Trying to figure out how to get that into easymod now...
asinshesq

Post by asinshesq »

TFM wrote:
asinshesq wrote: Right, it assumes you have a 2.0.17 board. And it was only complaining about that one single line (that doesn't exist because you don't have 2.0.17)...the other listed commands were commands it succesfully processed. So all you need to do is to upgrade to 2.0.17, which you can do using easymod in 2 seconds.

Are you going from 2.0.16 to 2.0.17? And do you have the mod scrpt that takes you there?

See http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=308426
TFM

Post by TFM »

asinshesq wrote:
TFM wrote:

Are you going from 2.0.16 to 2.0.17? And do you have the mod scrpt that takes you there?

See http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=308426

I'm upgrading from 2.0.15 I can't seem to locate the proper files for easymod. Still looking though.

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”