keep unread flags

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
75%
Very Good
17%
Good
4%
Fair
No votes
Poor
4%

Total votes: 96

Wicher

Post by Wicher »

[edit]
Reddaggerz

Post by Reddaggerz »

Hi,

I have a question I was hoping the author might help me with.

I love the mod, to date it's been working superbly, however, sometime recently within the last 3 months or so something has gone amiss and I'm not sure what to do to fix it. Me and my board members have begun to notice that if you read a topic not only does it mark that topic read, but it marks the one above it read so that :

Topic A (Marked read but actually not read yet)
Topic B (Marked read, topic actually read by user)

I'm not sure if I screwed something up during another mod installation and just never caught it but I was wondering if someone had an inkling as to where I should look to find the source of the problem.

Thanks!
Red. :)
Merlin Sythove

Post by Merlin Sythove »

Sounds like a shift in an array somewhere, I would re-install or use CompareIT or another file compare utility to compare your live files with the originals in the mod (i.e. the mod installed on a fresh phpBB board) and see where the differences are.

One possibility is that there is an error at the 300-topics level. If your users are experiencing this and they have 300 unread topics in their list, please get back to me. That piece of code was copied from Ptirhiik's original and not tested by me. Conversely, if anyone HAS 300 unread topics in their list and marking a topic works flawlessly, please report here as well :D
computersOC

Post by computersOC »

Will it say "Search found x matches"? I see one at 277 and my board works fine. If I can get it to hit 300, what should I look for?

Hmmm, I just tested something out. I see it says 277 matches. I went to go mark a topic as unread, and it stays at 277 matches.

Hmmm, there's 6 posts in a forum that show up as READ. I clicked post number 4 from the top, marked it as red. Still shows 277. I clicked post number 6 from the top (first on the bottom), marked it as red. It shows UNREAD, but now the post 4th from the top shows as READ.

Merlin Sythove, PM me if you want to test this out at my site. I'll give you the login for it.
http://www.computersOC.com - overclocking, P2P, broadband tweaks, ISP forums, more... Computer Building Help -- Overclocking Guide

Want us to install you a phpBB board or update your current one? Want mods/anti-spam mods installed? Moving to a new host? Check us out here.
Reddaggerz

Post by Reddaggerz »

Thanks, I think I'll just try to re-install it. :D
johnny-legend

Post by johnny-legend »

Hi guys,

is this mod compatible to the Simple Subforums Mod?
http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=336974

There are some conflicts by installing it with "Keep Unread Flags Mod" already integrated.

When someone writes a new post in some subforum then you don't see it on the index page.

Code: Select all

#-----[ FIND ]------------------------------------------ 
# 
            setcookie($board_config['cookie_name'] . '_f', serialize($tracking_forums), 0, $board_config['cookie_path'], $board_config['cookie_domain'], $board_config['cookie_secure']); 

# 
#-----[ REPLACE WITH ]------------------------------------------ 
# 

// Begin Simple Subforums MOD 
            $set_cookie = true; 
            if( isset($HTTP_COOKIE_VARS[$board_config['cookie_name'] . '_f']) ) 
            { 
               $HTTP_COOKIE_VARS[$board_config['cookie_name'] . '_f'] = serialize($tracking_forums); 
            } 
            // End Simple Subforums MOD 
This code does not existe through the changes made for Keep Unread.

I don't know if there are some more lines like this.. i hope not. Maybe somebody who knows both mods can edit my viewforum.php so both will run properly.

Here is my viewforum.php:
http://www.friendlyshare.de/files/2viewforum.php.txt

All work except the code at the top of my post is already done on this file.
asinshesq
Name: Alan

Post by asinshesq »

johnny-legend wrote: Hi guys,

is this mod compatible to the Simple Subforums Mod?
http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=336974 ....

We've covered this before, as recenrtly as three days ago (see the prior page of this topic).
Wicher

Post by Wicher »

Here is the home of the subforum mod:

http://www.pentapenguin.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1416
webmacster87
Former Team Member
Name: Douglas Bell

Post by webmacster87 »

MOD Updated to version 2.0.3c
See first post for Download Link
asinshesq

Post by asinshesq »

Thanks for the quick validation!

Here's the changelog:

##   2006-01-01 - Version 2.0.3c
##		- No changes at all in the code.  Repacked so that the 'changed files' version in
##		  the contrib folder has phpbb2.0.19 version of those file
diesel22

Post by diesel22 »

OK problem with 2.0.17
after installing this mod (keep_unread_version_2-0-2a1) with easymod 0.3.0 when you click on the search link you get this error:
Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_ELSE in /forums/search.php on line 1152
Now if im right this is the code around line 1152

{
						$folder_alt = ( $searchset[$i]['topic_status'] == TOPIC_LOCKED ) ? $lang['Topic_locked'] : $lang['No_new_posts'];
						$folder_image = $folder;
	 					$folder_alt = $folder_alt;
						$newest_post_img = '';
					}
					//END MOD Keep_unread_2
the $newest_post_img = ''; should be line 1152 on the dot. If its not i may have counted wrong :oops:

Ok i took over this fourm from some one else and i am very green at this as well. Part of being green was me deleting it out of easymod when i thought i was uninstalling it. This fourm is heavily modded, but this mod and the other mods do work. I just now have a problem with the search link.
Thanks for the help.
Diesel
asinshesq

Post by asinshesq »

diesel22 wrote: OK problem with 2.0.17
after installing this mod (keep_unread_version_2-0-2a1) with easymod 0.3.0 when you click on the search link you get this error:
Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_ELSE in /forums/search.php on line 1152
Now if im right this is the code around line 1152...

Nothing wrong with the code snippet you posted, so it's probably a spillover from something a little higher up. For example, that part of the code is in an 'else' clause...has the corresponding 'if' clause been deleted?

If you want to email me your search.php file I'll take a look and see what's going on.

Once you get your board up and running you should definitely upgrade to phpbb 2.0.19 and upgrade this mod to 2.0.3c.

Final note: it sounds like you tried to count to find which line was line 152. Yikes. You should be using a real text editor that gives you line numbers. Textpad is one example (google for it), but there are lots out there and they are generally quite cheap or free.
computersOC

Post by computersOC »

Any idea about the bug I posted a few posts up? Thanks.
http://www.computersOC.com - overclocking, P2P, broadband tweaks, ISP forums, more... Computer Building Help -- Overclocking Guide

Want us to install you a phpBB board or update your current one? Want mods/anti-spam mods installed? Moving to a new host? Check us out here.
Merlin Sythove

Post by Merlin Sythove »

computersOC wrote: Any idea about the bug I posted a few posts up? Thanks.

No, sorry, I read your explanation twice, but logically it does not make sense.
Hmmm, there's 6 posts in a forum that show up as READ. I clicked post number 4 from the top, marked it as red. Still shows 277.

That is exactly the way it is supposed to behave, that is, if there was a button to mark posts as read (which there isn't).

Now,in fairness, I think I know what you mean, but if the rest of the details or question is as sloppy, it is going to take a lot of guessing from my side.

First of all, confirm you are running 2.0.19 and have used the latest version of this mod and installed it with Easymod. And then please give details of something that can be replicated. Because if I can't replicate it, I can't find the error (because at my side there won't be an error).
sikita

Simple Subforums MOD

Post by sikita »

I try to install Simple Subforums MOD and try to fix it by discussion in prior pages, but still one bug.

I have all topics in subforum read but in viewforum.php the subforum is still marked that contains unreaded topics. It is maybe with tracking undread topics, I do not know... any help? Look in changes of viewforum.php with fix for keep unread flags mod here http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.ph ... &start=420

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”