[2.0.17] Forum description in viewforum

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
75%
Very Good
No votes
Good
No votes
Fair
25%
Poor
No votes

Total votes: 4

Extensions Robot
Extensions Robot
Extensions Robot

[2.0.17] Forum description in viewforum

Post by Extensions Robot »

MOD Name: Forum description in viewforum
Author: Manipe
MOD Description: This shows the description of the forum when viewing the forum in viewforum.php just below the forum name

MOD Version: 1.0.0

Download File: forum_description_in_viewforum_1.0.0.zip
mods overview page: View
File Size: 1037 Bytes

Security Score: 0
Last edited by Extensions Robot on Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
(this is a non-active account manager for the phpBB Extension Customisations Team)
ycl6
Translator

Post by ycl6 »

MOD Validated/Released

Notes:
This is a very simple MOD which adds the forum description (originally only seen on index.php) to viewforum.php, just under the forum name.
Manipe
Former Team Member

Post by Manipe »

As he said, a very simple MOD.
Handy though.
My MODs: [ Topics a user has started ] , [ Profile views ] , [ Colour on poll results ] , [ Topic posters ] , [ Add number to PM ] , [ Default avatar ] , [ View category name ] , [ Null vote ] , [ Forum description in viewforum ] , [ Resync forum ids ] , [ View PM while replying ] , [ Quick poll insert ] , [ Limit login attempts ] , [ Track PMs ]

www.ManipeF1.com
»»EDDY««

Post by »»EDDY«« »

I have since a long time so.
:-p

Demo (my mod)
Make a Tiny URL in excellent domain heh.pl

cooling system & water cooling
Manipe
Former Team Member

Post by Manipe »

I'm glad to see that your one has been validated....Oh, wait it hasn't.
My MODs: [ Topics a user has started ] , [ Profile views ] , [ Colour on poll results ] , [ Topic posters ] , [ Add number to PM ] , [ Default avatar ] , [ View category name ] , [ Null vote ] , [ Forum description in viewforum ] , [ Resync forum ids ] , [ View PM while replying ] , [ Quick poll insert ] , [ Limit login attempts ] , [ Track PMs ]

www.ManipeF1.com
rhinton

Post by rhinton »

works 2.0.17
Manipe
Former Team Member

Post by Manipe »

Well if it didn't work, it wouldn't be here.

www.ManipeF1.com
rhinton

Post by rhinton »

well, how about this, it worked using easyMOD on my board. not all do that. and i'm just too lazy to fix things manually. :lol: thought i'd be nice and bump it up so others can see it before it moves to page three and gets lost.
BigRed01

Post by BigRed01 »

You say it takes ~5mn, how about 5sec. Very nice.
smitjel

Post by smitjel »

I like this very simple mod. However, the description text looks "off" with the "gen" class. I made mine a "gensmall" span class and made it bold...looks much better. :D

Code: Select all

<span class="gensmall"><b>{FORUM_DESC}</b></span>
Manipe
Former Team Member

Post by Manipe »

Thanks for the feedback, keep it coming :D

www.ManipeF1.com
smashum

Post by smashum »

Not that it really pertains to this mod, but I added an extra break after the {FORUM_DESC} so all the text wasn't bunched up at the top

Thanks for the simplistic mod, always good to see these :D

<br /><span class="gensmall"><b>{FORUM_DESC}</b></span><br /><br /><span class="gensmall"><b>{L_MODERATOR}:
smitjel

Post by smitjel »

smashum wrote: Not that it really pertains to this mod, but I added an extra break after the {FORUM_DESC} so all the text wasn't bunched up at the top

Thanks for the simplistic mod, always good to see these :D

<br /><span class="gensmall"><b>{FORUM_DESC}</b></span><br /><br /><span class="gensmall"><b>{L_MODERATOR}:

Yeah, that looks the best I think. Made mine the same, except I removed the bold this time.
fahraeus

Post by fahraeus »

Some people would probably not even submit a "simple" mod like this. Unfortunatly!

Everyone using phpbb should be very happy you did Manipe! I am. It's simply amazing how much this small mod means when it comes to the terms of usability for newbies (and seasoned users). This is one of the most valuable contributions on my extremly modded board.

A lesson to learn: keep even the small "simple" mods coming.

This one should really be in by default. Would perhaps make the admins think about what they wrote in the description in the first place.

This mod make members use the forums more for the reasons that they were meant simply because they get reminded of the forum description close to the new topic button.

This one is so simple I would never have considered it.

Again, I'm glad you did Manipe!
Manipe
Former Team Member

Post by Manipe »

Thanks for the glowing review. :D :D
Much appreciated.

www.ManipeF1.com

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”