Registration Stopper

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
71%
Very Good
17%
Good
No votes
Fair
3%
Poor
9%

Total votes: 35

Dave Bean

Post by Dave Bean »

I just wanted to say thank you again for the Registration Stopper mod. Without this mod, I would have been forced to stop several of my forums.

Now I turn the registration off and have a note on the registration page to call me by telephone and I let them in. I realize that this approach would not work for everyone, but really cuts down the spam!

Thank you for allowing my forums to stay online.
Building Internet Communities
www.ColoradoHealth.info
webmacster87
Former Team Member
Name: Douglas Bell

Post by webmacster87 »

I am excited to announce that development for Registration Stopper 1.2 will be starting soon (hopefully this weekend!). Updates will include MODX support, a general code update cleanup, and a slightly less-intrusive interface in the admin panel. To be more phpBB3-like, the individual "allow registrations" option will be removed; instead, a fourth option will be added to the User Activation config called "Disabled".

More info will be out soon! :)
Delerak

Hmm.

Post by Delerak »

Hi, I think I did all of this stuff right. My mysql is good, I followed the directions in the install.txt (however weird and complicated they were). Now it removed my registration link at the top, and I get a error if I try to go to the register page. But I don't have the ability to change it from register No or Register yes from my admin config control panel.

Either I am looking in the wrong place in the panel. Or I did one of the steps wrong. Which I think I did. :roll:

Which step would I have gotten wrong? I can paste my php stuff to you and you'll probably find my foolish error.

Thanks,.
-Dan
Delerak

Post by Delerak »

You know what? I found it. So I did install it correctly.
webmacster87
Former Team Member

Re: [2.0.19] Registration Stopper

Post by webmacster87 »

Due to the new phpBB.com, the previous download link via the MOD Database no longer works. Instead, please see the third post on Page 1 for a direct link to the file on phpBB.com.
neolmas

Post by neolmas »

Well, I had registration disabled and wanted to uninstall the mod, so I replaced all the backed-up files and deleted the added mySQL entry, and now the option is gone from the config panel and the registration/login options are still gone from the board. I tried to reinstall via EM and that's not doing anything, any suggestions? Sorry to be dumb, it's a great Mod.
webmacster87
Former Team Member

Post by webmacster87 »

First off, try refreshing your browser's cache. Your web browser may have hidden the options itself.

Then, maybe just replace your templates/subSilver/overall_header.tpl with the default one (or whichever style you're using).

Also, is the form still disabled when you go to http://www.yourforum.com/phpBB2/profile ... e=register ? If that form is working, then it should be one of the two problems above; if that form doesn't work, something else weird is going on.

The purpose of the admin panel switch was so that if you wanted to re-enable registrations, you wouldn't have to uninstall the MOD, but it should still be working. 8)
neolmas

Post by neolmas »

Replacing the Overall_Header file did the trick, thanks! I'm not sure why it didn't work when I restored the backups.
2LadyDi

Post by 2LadyDi »

FoA - HUGE THANKS for this MOD. I did it manually and have loved it since it's installation. Stopped wanna be SPAMMERS cold. YOU ROCK!!
WebMistress of SHAGGY's Studio.com
http://www.shaggysstudio.com
WolfStar76

Post by WolfStar76 »

I just read through the 13 pages here, and if this was already posted, I missed it.

I have registration stopper installed, and have a couple users who'd like access to my boards.

So I went to enable registration, and "submit" that change.

Only it won't save that change - the board keeps reverting back to "Disable" for registrations.

I tried altering another setting at the same time (toggled pruning) and that option saved, but registration "enable" did not save.

Any ideas?

I'm running EM and Categories Hierarchy in addition to registration stopper.
webmacster87
Former Team Member

Post by webmacster87 »

WolfStar76 wrote: I'm running EM and Categories Hierarchy in addition to registration stopper.

Categories Hierarchy may be causing the problem. The issue with CH is that because it changes SO MUCH STUFF, it essentially turns phpBB into an entirely different board. Practically nothing codewise is the same between a vanilla phpBB install and phpBB+CH. For that reason, I do not offer support for boards using CH because CH's code is unfamiliar to me.

Maybe someone else can offer you a solution, but I really don't have an answer for you.
RMcGirr83
Former Team Member
Name: Rich McGirr

Post by RMcGirr83 »

What version of CH are you running?
Former Modifications/Extensions Team Member | My extensions | github | All requests for support via PM will be ignored
Appreciate the extensions/mods/support then buy me a beer Image
WolfStar76

Post by WolfStar76 »

Fountain of Apples wrote:
WolfStar76 wrote: I'm running EM and Categories Hierarchy in addition to registration stopper.

Categories Hierarchy may be causing the problem. The issue with CH is that because it changes SO MUCH STUFF, it essentially turns phpBB into an entirely different board. Practically nothing codewise is the same between a vanilla phpBB install and phpBB+CH. For that reason, I do not offer support for boards using CH because CH's code is unfamiliar to me.

Maybe someone else can offer you a solution, but I really don't have an answer for you.

That's alright, I was kinda afraid of that.

If I need to uninstall RegStopper, I will, then slap it back in. :)
RMcGirr83 wrote: What version of CH are you running?

Looks like I'm a few versions behind with 2.14 - I see 2.16d is available. Suggestions? :)
raygene

Re:

Post by raygene »

Fountain of Apples wrote:I am excited to announce that development for Registration Stopper 1.2 will be starting soon (hopefully this weekend!). Updates will include MODX support, a general code update cleanup, and a slightly less-intrusive interface in the admin panel. To be more phpBB3-like, the individual "allow registrations" option will be removed; instead, a fourth option will be added to the User Activation config called "Disabled".

More info will be out soon! :)
How's the new version coming along?

Cheers,
Raygene
webmacster87
Former Team Member

Post by webmacster87 »

Necessity has forced me to push my MODs over into summer break. However, summer starts really soon, so more new will be available shortly...

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”