[2.0.17] User Selectable Logo

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
100%
Very Good
No votes
Good
No votes
Fair
No votes
Poor
No votes

Total votes: 1

Extensions Robot
Extensions Robot
Extensions Robot

[2.0.17] User Selectable Logo

Post by Extensions Robot »

MOD Name: User Selectable Logo
Author: ycl6
MOD Description: This MOD will all user to choose a pre-defined set of Header logo images in their profile. Admin can configure the image path that stores the logo images in ACP. Admin can set to allow logo selection in ACP

MOD Version: 1.0.2

Download File: User_Selectable_Logo_1.0.2.zip
mods overview page: View
File Size: 65880 Bytes

Security Score: 0
Last edited by Extensions Robot on Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
(this is a non-active account manager for the phpBB Extension Customisations Team)

ycl6
Translator

Post by ycl6 »

MOD Validated/Released

Notes:
This MOD allows admin to pre-define a folder where all logos are kept and to configure if users can select which logo they wish to see in the forum header. This MOD is set as off by default.

[RTG]Rb

Post by [RTG]Rb »

hey, im using this not so much as a logo changer, but more of a banner changer,

the image im letting users swap is Image

now, the mod works great, for smaller images... inside my User CP, row2's width is like 645, the size of the banner, can I make it so its just the drop down box? Or even better... is there a way to resize the pictures since all of them will be the same size?

ALSO: Edited: Is there a way to set a default logo, when I load the page for the first time, or any user, theres no logo there, until you go and select which one you want.

Smokeydogg

Post by Smokeydogg »

this is a great mod it had a few coding errors i had to fix to make it work but still good mod

as for this guys questions i have a default banner for mine and i also fixed it so it allows the user to select a logo on register

Shanana

Post by Shanana »

Sounds like a good mod.

What errors did you have to fix?

tabner

Post by tabner »

Hey,

I've just installed this MOD, and all seemed to be working ok, however when I try and update a profile, I get the following error

Could not update users table

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1054 Unknown column 'user_selected_logo' in 'field list'

UPDATE phpbb_users SET user_email = 'mat@mat-tanner.com', user_icq = '', user_website = '', user_occ = '', user_from = 'Niggletown', user_interests = '', user_sig = '', user_sig_bbcode_uid = '', user_viewemail = 1, user_aim = '', user_yim = '', user_msnm = '', user_attachsig = 0, user_allowsmile = 1, user_allowhtml = 0, user_allowbbcode = 1, user_allow_viewonline = 1, user_notify = 0, user_notify_pm = 1, user_popup_pm = 1, user_timezone = 0, user_selected_logo = 'niggles.jpg', user_dateformat = 'd M Y h:i a', user_lang = 'english', user_style = 1, user_active = 1, user_actkey = '', user_avatar = '25954505cc227fe4c.jpg', user_avatar_type = 1 WHERE user_id = 2

Line : 523
File : usercp_register.php

I've gone through and followed the installation instructions again, but to no avail. Can anyone tell me what to do to fix it? I'm clueless!

Cheers

mat

ycl6
Translator

Post by ycl6 »

Have you executed the SQL part?

Code: Select all

# 
#-----[ SQL ]------------------------------------------ 
#
# Remember to change the table prefix used on your database
INSERT INTO `phpbb_config` VALUES ('allow_user_select_logo', '0');
INSERT INTO `phpbb_config` VALUES ('user_select_logo_image_path', 'images/userlogo');
ALTER TABLE `phpbb_users` ADD `user_selected_logo` VARCHAR( 32 );
~Mac

tabner

Post by tabner »

Cheers for the reply. I thought I had implemented that bit, but the instructions for that part seemed quite vague (I'm still learning it all).

I backed up the database from the admin panel, then opened the file and added that part in, then restored the database from the changed file. However, I wasn't sure exactly where to add the extra code in, so I could have put it in the wrong place.

Is there a specific section that it should go in? Any specific code it should go immediately before or after?

Cheers

mat

ycl6
Translator

Post by ycl6 »

Do you have access to phpmyadmin? If so, you may follow this guide, although it's a bit old, but the steps are exectly the same for executing SQL queries in phpmyadmin.

~Mac

tabner

Post by tabner »

Cheers for that, I've done that in phpmyadmin, and it said the query was executed successfully. I don't get an error message now, but the 'allow user selected logo' field isn't there any more. Now I've changed the database do I need to follow all the other steps again?

Thanks for all your help, I really appreciate it.

ycl6
Translator

Post by ycl6 »

What do you meant by "I've changed the database"?

Check the DB you are now using, if you don't see the new additions that this MOD needs, you have to execute the queries again.

~Mac

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”