[2.0.20] phpBB GTalk (Google Talk) Support

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
64%
Very Good
27%
Good
No votes
Fair
9%
Poor
No votes

Total votes: 11

groundfighter

Post by groundfighter » Sat Feb 11, 2006 10:10 pm

Man I wish I would have read the whole thread before installing this mod, I thought for sure it would launch google talk rather than just adding it into the db. The jabber mod is cool and launches the application when you click on the icon. Guess I need to uninstall it, what a bummer but that is what you get when you don't rtfm. :lol:

ptlis

Post by ptlis » Sun Feb 12, 2006 3:36 pm

Okay, after some testing i've made a single line change to the MOD as described above and submitted a new version for validation by the MOD validation team. For any impatient people, version 1.0.3 can be sourced from my phpBB Gtalk (Google Talk) page in the interim.

ptlis
I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered.....my life is my own.

Freitag

Post by Freitag » Mon Feb 13, 2006 11:38 pm

I installed the 1.0.2 version using Easy Mod after making two changes.

The first change was at line 167. Some previous mod I put in had changed the order of the values in perens so the FIND failed.

Previously the first entry was for "username". The one that worked for me was:

Code: Select all

$strip_var_list = array('email' => 'email', 'icq' => 'icq',
the second change was at line 467. I had also installed a Yahoo Messenger MOD "Yahoo Messanger Online/Offline 2.0.4 PC" that had broken the various chat clients into a list of one per row instead of all in a line. I changed the MOD instructions to

Code: Select all

#-----[ OPEN ]------------------------------------------------
#
templates/subSilver/viewtopic_body.tpl
#
#-----[ FIND ]------------------------------------------------
#
{postrow.MSN_IMG}
#
#
#-----[ AFTER, ADD ]----------------------------------
#
 {postrow.GTALK_IMG}
#
#-----[ OPEN ]------------------------------------------------
Following those changes the MOD installed with Easy Mod successfully.

Now I'll go check on the 1.0.3 version I just read about... :roll:

ycl6
Translator

Post by ycl6 » Mon Mar 13, 2006 11:30 am

MOD Updated to version 1.0.4
See first post for Download Link

uneekz

Post by uneekz » Sun Mar 19, 2006 5:37 am

I cant see GTalk image on the profile page tell me what am I doing wrong? I have followed exactly what was instructed in the Mod file.
Thanking You:
Shaq
http://www.uneekz.net

ptlis

Post by ptlis » Mon Apr 10, 2006 6:32 pm

A new version of this modification has been released (pending validation), it has some tweaks to make it more compatible with phpBB 2.0.20 and has had alot of work done on it with the effect being it more fully integrates with the base phpBB package. It can be sourced from my phpBB GTalk (Google Talk) Support page (direct link) for those who are a little impatient.

ptlis
I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered.....my life is my own.

ycl6
Translator

Post by ycl6 » Sun Apr 16, 2006 6:50 am

MOD Updated to version 1.1.0
See first post for Download Link

DeeDeeINFJ

Post by DeeDeeINFJ » Tue Apr 25, 2006 3:50 am

Any word on a patch to make this mod compatible with the profile control center mod? I'd really love to install it. :)

ptlis

Post by ptlis » Sat Apr 29, 2006 12:01 am

I did look at the Profile Control Center MOD but the changes it makes are extensive - the first attempt at integrating this MOD with it was an unmittigated disaster and at the time I didn't have the time to start over so it was put on the backburner. It seems there's still intrest in it so i'll probably go back and have another look at it in the near future - watch this space.

ptlis

HoundoftheB

Post by HoundoftheB » Mon May 01, 2006 9:08 pm

I installed this with easymod, and it installed fine, but the main issue is that the google image doesn't show up in viewtopic and when viewing someone's profile, the button doesn't show up, just whatever their googletalk name is.

ptlis

Post by ptlis » Tue May 02, 2006 1:43 am

HoundoftheB wrote: I installed this with easymod, and it installed fine, but the main issue is that the google image doesn't show up in viewtopic and when viewing someone's profile, the button doesn't show up, just whatever their googletalk name is.

The latter 'problem' (when viewing a users profile you don't see the GTalk image, merely their username) is actually how the MOD is supposed to function, the former problem sounds like something has gone wrong with either the copying of the image or the changes made to viewtopic.php or the changes to the viewtopic template file. Without seeing the forum itself I can't really narrow it down further.

ptlis

HoundoftheB

Post by HoundoftheB » Tue May 02, 2006 2:02 am

Oh, the image isn't supposed to show in the profile?

ptlis

Post by ptlis » Tue May 02, 2006 11:58 am

HoundoftheB wrote: Oh, the image isn't supposed to show in the profile?

Nope, if it did then there would be no way for your users to view each others GTalk details, and as GTalk doesn't used the XMPP URI there's no way for them to be able to access a hyperlink wrapped around an image which opens a dialogue window for the GTalk client

ptlis

romanticode

Post by romanticode » Fri Jun 09, 2006 2:28 am

When i try install your "phpBB GTalk (Google Talk) Support" mod, one instruction on edit file

includes/usercp_register.php

Find
$msn = stripslashes($msn);

I found 2 match:

=========== 1 =============
$aim = stripslashes($aim);

=========== 2 =============
$aim = str_replace('+', ' ', stripslashes($aim));

Which one do you mean on instruction?

The Donkey

Post by The Donkey » Mon Jun 12, 2006 9:50 pm

HoundoftheB wrote: I installed this with easymod, and it installed fine, but the main issue is that the google image doesn't show up in viewtopic.

I have this problem as well. I used EasyMod 1.30 and am running a phpBB 2.0.19 board.

The problem is that the GTalk image shows up in Private Messages, but not in topics. I double-checked that the code is installed correctly, and can't find any problems. I installed version 1.1.0.

Please help!

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”