[2.0.20] phpBB GTalk (Google Talk) Support

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
64%
Very Good
27%
Good
No votes
Fair
9%
Poor
No votes

Total votes: 11

DarthImpala

G-Talk logo fix

Post by DarthImpala »

When installing with easymod. Easymod skips editing $sql

Code: Select all

#-----[ OPEN ]------------------------------------------------
#
viewtopic.php
#
#-----[ FIND ]------------------------------------------------
#
$sql = "SELECT u.username, u.user_id, u.user_posts
#
#-----[ IN-LINE FIND ]----------------------------------------
#
, u.user_msnm
#
'-----[ IN-LINE AFTER, ADD ]----------------------------------
#
, u.user_gtalk
This is the only thing is messes up the rest is ok. For those of you with the current issue of the Google Talk img not appearing in the post section this solves your problem.
Last edited by DarthImpala on Tue Jun 13, 2006 5:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
- Stefan
The Donkey

Post by The Donkey »

DarthImpala wrote: When installing with easymod. Easymod skips editing $sql

#-----[ OPEN ]------------------------------------------------
#
viewtopic.php
#
#-----[ FIND ]------------------------------------------------
#
$sql = "SELECT u.username, u.user_id, u.user_posts
#
#-----[ IN-LINE FIND ]----------------------------------------
#
, u.user_msnm
#
#
, u.user_gtalk
This is the only thing is messes up the rest is ok. For those of you with the current issue of the Google Talk img not appearing in the post section this solves your problem.

OK, i will try this. But just wondering, why does Easymod not edit $sql?
DarthImpala

More G-Talk logo fix

Post by DarthImpala »

So yeh i was puzzled by that but now after i've looked at it again it seems someone did ' instead of #

#
#
, u.user_gtalk 
This results in the IN-LINE ... not being commented out and I assume b/c noting happened it was skipped.. but at worst it was searched for and then moved on to search for the next thing to add. Not a big deal or problem.
- Stefan
ptlis

Re: More G-Talk logo fix

Post by ptlis »

DarthImpala wrote: So yeh i was puzzled by that but now after i've looked at it again it seems someone did ' instead of #
[...]

Yeah, this is my mistake - for some reason it wasn't picked up by the automagic MOD Validation tool - I will make sure this is fixed in the next version of this MOD.
The Donkey wrote: [...]
The problem is that the GTalk image shows up in Private Messages, but not in topics. I double-checked that the code is installed correctly, and can't find any problems. I installed version 1.1.0.

Firstly check out my above reply - it is quite likely this is the cause of your problem. If this is not the cause then there is possibly a compatibility issue - there were changes made to core phpBB between 2.0.19 and 2.0.20 which affected the installation of this MOD. I suggest you use this archived version (1.0.6) which is known to work with phpBB 2.0.18 & 2.0.19. If that version doesn't work I should be able to find the problem if you can send me a copy of your viewtopic.php and viewtopic_body.tpl files.
romanticode wrote: I found 2 match:
[...]
Which one do you mean on instruction?

You need to add that line after both of them - unfortunately there is no means to specify changes when two lines in the same file are identical - if you look at the MOD there will be two instances where it says those changes need to be made. In future versions of the MOD i'll add comments explaining this.

ptlis
I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered.....my life is my own.
letsjoy

Post by letsjoy »

ohh that good
Cleaver95

Post by Cleaver95 »

I have installed the gtalk mod. I have installed the mod and placed the icon_gtalk.gif photo in the correct directory, but I do not see the gtalk icon at the bottom of posts. I also do not see the icon in profiles. When in profiles, the Gtalk ID comes up in text forum.. The link to it is www.tsodesigns.net/forum

thanks
austin
Cleaver95

Post by Cleaver95 »

any help? bump
rafearcher

Post by rafearcher »

how do I go about getting the full mod? there seemes to be a lot of extra instructions in this thread.
Seria

Post by Seria »

Cleaver95 wrote: I also do not see the icon in profiles. When in profiles, the Gtalk ID comes up in text forum..

I have installed this MOD also and I can see the Gtalk image at the bottom of posts, but like Cleaver95, the Gtalk thing is text instead of an image in the profile page.

Is this how this mod is supposed to be? or did I do something wrong? please help me.
¿What do you call it when a blond dies her hair brunette?
Artificial intelligence ^_~ ...yes, im blond :P

I will offer as much help I can on mods that I have installed, just PM me. (i don't use easymod, so I can't help with that.)
Mods installed so far:48 {all manually and on 2.0.22}
Lukage

Post by Lukage »

Seria wrote:
Cleaver95 wrote: I also do not see the icon in profiles. When in profiles, the Gtalk ID comes up in text forum..

I have installed this MOD also and I can see the Gtalk image at the bottom of posts, but like Cleaver95, the Gtalk thing is text instead of an image in the profile page.

Is this how this mod is supposed to be? or did I do something wrong? please help me.

Same problem here, but in 2.0.21
bonelifer
Community Team Member
Community Team Member
Name: William

Post by bonelifer »

Did you upload the IMAGE that came with the mod. Also if you did is it in the correct folder?
William Jacoby - Community Team
Knowledge Base | phpBB Board Rules | Search Customisation Database
Please don't contact me via PM or email for phpBB support .
Lukage

Post by Lukage »

bonelifer wrote: Did you upload the IMAGE that came with the mod. Also if you did is it in the correct folder?

Absolutely. I checked the .mod file

Oh wait, it looks like I confirmed that the profiles aren't showing the icon. I'm referring to the post replies.
Seria

Post by Seria »

bonelifer wrote: Did you upload the IMAGE that came with the mod. Also if you did is it in the correct folder?

yes,

copy icon_gtalk.gif to templates/subSilver/images/lang_english/icon_gtalk.gif
i did that

I will offer as much help I can on mods that I have installed, just PM me. (i don't use easymod, so I can't help with that.)
Lukage

Post by Lukage »

Quick bump.

Still no clue why the buttons aren't showing up....
Seria

Post by Seria »

Lukage wrote: Quick bump.
Still no clue why the buttons aren't showing up....

i've also noticed something else.. the MSN picture doesn't show up in the profiles either...

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”