Page 4 of 6

G-Talk logo fix

Posted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 5:00 am
by DarthImpala
When installing with easymod. Easymod skips editing $sql

Code: Select all

#-----[ OPEN ]------------------------------------------------
#
viewtopic.php
#
#-----[ FIND ]------------------------------------------------
#
$sql = "SELECT u.username, u.user_id, u.user_posts
#
#-----[ IN-LINE FIND ]----------------------------------------
#
, u.user_msnm
#
'-----[ IN-LINE AFTER, ADD ]----------------------------------
#
, u.user_gtalk
This is the only thing is messes up the rest is ok. For those of you with the current issue of the Google Talk img not appearing in the post section this solves your problem.

Posted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 5:03 am
by The Donkey
DarthImpala wrote: When installing with easymod. Easymod skips editing $sql

Code: Select all

#-----[ OPEN ]------------------------------------------------
#
viewtopic.php
#
#-----[ FIND ]------------------------------------------------
#
$sql = "SELECT u.username, u.user_id, u.user_posts
#
#-----[ IN-LINE FIND ]----------------------------------------
#
, u.user_msnm
#
'-----[ IN-LINE AFTER, ADD ]----------------------------------
#
, u.user_gtalk
This is the only thing is messes up the rest is ok. For those of you with the current issue of the Google Talk img not appearing in the post section this solves your problem.

OK, i will try this. But just wondering, why does Easymod not edit $sql?

More G-Talk logo fix

Posted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 5:45 am
by DarthImpala
So yeh i was puzzled by that but now after i've looked at it again it seems someone did ' instead of #

Code: Select all

#
'-----[ IN-LINE AFTER, ADD ]----------------------------------
#
, u.user_gtalk 
This results in the IN-LINE ... not being commented out and I assume b/c noting happened it was skipped.. but at worst it was searched for and then moved on to search for the next thing to add. Not a big deal or problem.

Re: More G-Talk logo fix

Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 12:22 am
by ptlis
DarthImpala wrote: So yeh i was puzzled by that but now after i've looked at it again it seems someone did ' instead of #
[...]


Yeah, this is my mistake - for some reason it wasn't picked up by the automagic MOD Validation tool - I will make sure this is fixed in the next version of this MOD.
The Donkey wrote: [...]
The problem is that the GTalk image shows up in Private Messages, but not in topics. I double-checked that the code is installed correctly, and can't find any problems. I installed version 1.1.0.


Firstly check out my above reply - it is quite likely this is the cause of your problem. If this is not the cause then there is possibly a compatibility issue - there were changes made to core phpBB between 2.0.19 and 2.0.20 which affected the installation of this MOD. I suggest you use this archived version (1.0.6) which is known to work with phpBB 2.0.18 & 2.0.19. If that version doesn't work I should be able to find the problem if you can send me a copy of your viewtopic.php and viewtopic_body.tpl files.
romanticode wrote: I found 2 match:
[...]
Which one do you mean on instruction?

You need to add that line after both of them - unfortunately there is no means to specify changes when two lines in the same file are identical - if you look at the MOD there will be two instances where it says those changes need to be made. In future versions of the MOD i'll add comments explaining this.

ptlis

Posted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 10:43 am
by letsjoy
ohh that good

Posted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 8:26 pm
by Cleaver95
I have installed the gtalk mod. I have installed the mod and placed the icon_gtalk.gif photo in the correct directory, but I do not see the gtalk icon at the bottom of posts. I also do not see the icon in profiles. When in profiles, the Gtalk ID comes up in text forum.. The link to it is www.tsodesigns.net/forum

thanks
austin

Posted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 3:11 am
by Cleaver95
any help? bump

Posted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 5:01 am
by rafearcher
how do I go about getting the full mod? there seemes to be a lot of extra instructions in this thread.

Posted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 1:54 am
by Seria
Cleaver95 wrote: I also do not see the icon in profiles. When in profiles, the Gtalk ID comes up in text forum..

I have installed this MOD also and I can see the Gtalk image at the bottom of posts, but like Cleaver95, the Gtalk thing is text instead of an image in the profile page.

Is this how this mod is supposed to be? or did I do something wrong? please help me.

Posted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 7:04 pm
by Lukage
Seria wrote:
Cleaver95 wrote: I also do not see the icon in profiles. When in profiles, the Gtalk ID comes up in text forum..

I have installed this MOD also and I can see the Gtalk image at the bottom of posts, but like Cleaver95, the Gtalk thing is text instead of an image in the profile page.

Is this how this mod is supposed to be? or did I do something wrong? please help me.


Same problem here, but in 2.0.21

Posted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 8:37 pm
by bonelifer
Did you upload the IMAGE that came with the mod. Also if you did is it in the correct folder?

Posted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 9:57 pm
by Lukage
bonelifer wrote: Did you upload the IMAGE that came with the mod. Also if you did is it in the correct folder?


Absolutely. I checked the .mod file

Oh wait, it looks like I confirmed that the profiles aren't showing the icon. I'm referring to the post replies.

Posted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 11:56 pm
by Seria
bonelifer wrote: Did you upload the IMAGE that came with the mod. Also if you did is it in the correct folder?

yes,

Code: Select all

copy icon_gtalk.gif to templates/subSilver/images/lang_english/icon_gtalk.gif
i did that

Posted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 12:20 am
by Lukage
Quick bump.

Still no clue why the buttons aren't showing up....

Posted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 12:22 am
by Seria
Lukage wrote: Quick bump.
Still no clue why the buttons aren't showing up....

i've also noticed something else.. the MSN picture doesn't show up in the profiles either...