[2.0.21] Rebuild Search

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
Post Reply

Rating:

Excellent!
58
81%
Very Good
10
14%
Good
3
4%
Fair
0
No votes
Poor
1
1%
 
Total votes: 72

User avatar
Galixte de EzCom
Registered User
Posts: 1090
Joined: Mon Oct 04, 2004 11:14 pm
Location: France
Name: Raphaël M.
Contact:

Post by Galixte de EzCom »

chatasos wrote: ....

[url=http:///www.psclub.gr/chatasos/rebuild_search/rebuild_search_2.2.1b.zip]rebuild_search_2.2.1b.zip[/url]

To update from 2.2.1a just overwrite file admin/admin_rebuild_search.php.


Hi,

just a wrong link ;)

rebuild_search_2.2.1b.zip.

@+.
Last edited by Galixte de EzCom on Wed Dec 07, 2005 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Communau EzCom
📖 « Traductions d’extensions & styles pour phpBB 3.2.x & 3.3.x ».
📋 Lists of all extensions identified for phpBB 3.1.x & 3.2.x.
📋 Lists of all styles identified for phpBB 3.1.x & 3.2.x.
Image Tu as un forum et tu veux aussi un site web ? Regarde par ici.
ycl6
Translator
Posts: 5696
Joined: Sat Feb 15, 2003 10:35 am
Location: Taiwan
Contact:

Post by ycl6 »

MOD Updated to version 2.2.1b
See first post for Download Link
TheSeeKerUK
Registered User
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2005 3:58 pm
Location: Berkshire, UK

Re: Blank Page

Post by TheSeeKerUK »

chatasos wrote: HI TheSeeKerUK,

Please make sure you have followed exactly the instructions as they are written. Also all the template changes that refer to subSilver must be done on all your installed templates too.


Chatasos,

Thanks for that. I checked and rechecked the installation and its not that. However, I've since narrowed it down to something it doesn't like about the template. Once I've cracked it I'll let you know.

Regards
egranto
Registered User
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2005 5:25 pm
Location: Costa Rica
Contact:

Post by egranto »

i don`t know what`s wrong here

but i install this mod i do it step by step but i`m getting this error

i don`t know what can be im using 2.18 version in nuke and i really need this mod

Code: Select all

Could not obtain rebuild details

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1146 Table 'crdance2006data.search_rebuild' doesn't exist

SELECT * FROM search_rebuild ORDER BY rebuild_session_id DESC LIMIT 1

Line : 239
File : functions_admin_rebuild_search.php
in nuke my folder looks like this
db (forum)
includes(forum)
modules
:arrow: forum(phpbb home)

my common say something like that

Code: Select all

if (defined('FORUM_ADMIN')) {
    include("../../../db/db.php");
    include("../../../includes/constants.php");
    include("../../../includes/template.php");
    include("../../../includes/sessions.php");
    include("../../../includes/auth.php");
    include("../../../includes/functions.php");
} else {
    include("includes/constants.php");
    include("includes/template.php");
    include("includes/sessions.php");
    include("includes/auth.php");
    include("includes/functions.php");
    include("db/db.php");
}
Plz help me i really need this mods

what a need to change to works

even i have 2 tables

nuke_bbsearch_rebuild
and
nuke_search_rebuild

Code: Select all

$dbhost = "localhost";
$dbuname = "root";
$dbpass = "";
$dbname = "crdance2006data";
$prefix = "nuke";
$user_prefix = "nuke";
$dbtype = "MySQL";
TheSeeKerUK
Registered User
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2005 3:58 pm
Location: Berkshire, UK

Removed BEGIN and END

Post by TheSeeKerUK »

With reference to my blank screen problem, got the mod to work by removing the BEGIN/END pairs from rebuild_search.tpl

The screen is displayed now, but shows some corruption (spurious characters either side on L_ information), but the mod works and thats what counts.

I'll post again if I ever find out what causing the screen corruption.

Thanks again
chatasos
Registered User
Posts: 748
Joined: Wed May 15, 2002 1:16 pm
Location: Paralia

Post by chatasos »

egranto wrote: i don`t know what`s wrong here

but i install this mod i do it step by step but i`m getting this error

i don`t know what can be im using 2.18 version in nuke and i really need this mod

Code: Select all

Could not obtain rebuild details

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1146 Table 'crdance2006data.search_rebuild' doesn't exist

SELECT * FROM search_rebuild ORDER BY rebuild_session_id DESC LIMIT 1

Line : 239
File : functions_admin_rebuild_search.php
in nuke my folder looks like this
db (forum)
includes(forum)
modules
:arrow: forum(phpbb home)

my common say something like that

Code: Select all

if (defined('FORUM_ADMIN')) {
    include("../../../db/db.php");
    include("../../../includes/constants.php");
    include("../../../includes/template.php");
    include("../../../includes/sessions.php");
    include("../../../includes/auth.php");
    include("../../../includes/functions.php");
} else {
    include("includes/constants.php");
    include("includes/template.php");
    include("includes/sessions.php");
    include("includes/auth.php");
    include("includes/functions.php");
    include("db/db.php");
}
Plz help me i really need this mods

what a need to change to works

even i have 2 tables

nuke_bbsearch_rebuild
and
nuke_search_rebuild

Code: Select all

$dbhost = "localhost";
$dbuname = "root";
$dbpass = "";
$dbname = "crdance2006data";
$prefix = "nuke";
$user_prefix = "nuke";
$dbtype = "MySQL";


First of all, i'd like to make clear that this mod has only be tested in pure phpbb forums. Installing it in other forum variations, means you'll have to change some things.

If you look at the install instructions, you'll see:

Code: Select all

CREATE TABLE `phpbb_search_rebuild` (
  `rebuild_session_id` mediumint(8) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment,
  `start_post_id` mediumint(8) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
  `end_post_id` mediumint(8) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
  `start_time` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
  `end_time` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
  `last_cycle_time` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
  `session_time` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
  `session_posts` mediumint(8) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
  `session_cycles` mediumint(8) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
  `search_size` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
  `rebuild_session_status` tinyint(1) NOT NULL default '0',
  PRIMARY KEY  (`rebuild_session_id`),
  KEY `end_post_id` (`end_post_id`)
);
You say you have created "nuke_bbsearch_rebuild" & "nuke_search_rebuild" tables, but if you look at the db error you get, you'll see that mod asks for "search_rebuild" table.

Maybe you have to change the following line in the admin/admin_rebuild_search.php file and use the nuke table prefix instead of "$table_prefix":

Code: Select all

define('SEARCH_REBUILD_TABLE', $table_prefix.'search_rebuild');

Report Posts 1.2.3c (MODDB) - Report Posts 2.1.5 (ALPHA)
Rebuild Search 2.4.0 (MODDB)
MOD Version Checker 1.2.0 (MODDB)
Mega Mail System 0.9.8 (ALPHA)
Pagination Select List & Input Box (MODDB)
egranto
Registered User
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2005 5:25 pm
Location: Costa Rica
Contact:

Post by egranto »

thx works like that

Code: Select all

CREATE TABLE `search_rebuild` (
  `rebuild_session_id` mediumint(8) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment,
  `start_post_id` mediumint(8) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
  `end_post_id` mediumint(8) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
  `start_time` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
  `end_time` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
  `last_cycle_time` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
  `session_time` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
  `session_posts` mediumint(8) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
  `session_cycles` mediumint(8) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
  `search_size` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
  `rebuild_session_status` tinyint(1) NOT NULL default '0',
  PRIMARY KEY  (`rebuild_session_id`),
  KEY `end_post_id` (`end_post_id`)
); 
works with this table

and another change in case somebody else need this in phpbb on nuke

change to this

Code: Select all

//
// Let's set the root dir for phpBB
//
$no_page_header = true;
$phpbb_root_path = "../";
require($phpbb_root_path . 'extension.inc');
require('./pagestart.' . $phpEx);
require($phpbb_root_path . '../../includes/functions_search.'.$phpEx);
require($phpbb_root_path . '../../includes/functions_admin_rebuild_search.'.$phpEx);
on admin_rebuild_search.php


thanks for the help chatasos :wink:
agent00shoe
Registered User
Posts: 373
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 9:39 pm

Post by agent00shoe »

Awesome mod and very nice GUI. :D
agent00shoe
Registered User
Posts: 373
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 9:39 pm

Post by agent00shoe »

BTW, I used the DELETE option and ran it without disabling the board and it went smoothly. Shaved a little over 1.5 million rows from the search tables.
Helio-Yago
Registered User
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2004 10:11 am
Location: Spain
Contact:

Post by Helio-Yago »

Just finished rebuilding my Search engine with this mod. Excellent !!! :wink:

I user CH + other MODs and no problem at all. I have more than 766000 posts and around 100 users inside my forum at any time... (from 60 to 150 users on line all the day). I can't dissable the board, so the rebuild was done with the forum active.

520,645 words and 15,535,374 matches. It tooks aroud 20 days and I had to reload process for 86 times. I don't know why but after 2-3 hours working it looses conextion. I have 572 entries in my search_stopwords.txt file, and before rebuilding my matches table was around 30 millions records. Now I've only half records, and my search engine runs fine...

Any way i find this mod the best solution for large boards like mine: http://foros.guitarramania.com/index.php

Thanks again for your great Job chatasos !! :wink:
Admin of the Spanish Guitar Forum: http://www.guitarramania.com/foros
Marmotte
Registered User
Posts: 37
Joined: Thu Nov 25, 2004 3:20 am

Post by Marmotte »

Hi !

I just tried to install the v2,2,1b of this mod, and the CREATE TABLE query did not want to execute with an error on the default value of the key.

it seems mySQL v4.1.12 does not like DEFAULT VALUE '0' on a AUTO_INCREMENT column.

removing the "DEFAULT VALUE '0'" seems to work allright.
chatasos
Registered User
Posts: 748
Joined: Wed May 15, 2002 1:16 pm
Location: Paralia

Post by chatasos »

Marmotte wrote: Hi !

I just tried to install the v2,2,1b of this mod, and the CREATE TABLE query did not want to execute with an error on the default value of the key.

it seems mySQL v4.1.12 does not like DEFAULT VALUE '0' on a AUTO_INCREMENT column.

removing the "DEFAULT VALUE '0'" seems to work allright.


hi Marmotte,

There is no DEFAULT VALUE '0' being used on the auto-increment field which is `rebuild_session_id`. Are you sure you used the following sql query?

Code: Select all

CREATE TABLE `phpbb_search_rebuild` (
  `rebuild_session_id` mediumint(8) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment,
  `start_post_id` mediumint(8) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
  `end_post_id` mediumint(8) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
  `start_time` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
  `end_time` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
  `last_cycle_time` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
  `session_time` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
  `session_posts` mediumint(8) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
  `session_cycles` mediumint(8) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
  `search_size` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
  `rebuild_session_status` tinyint(1) NOT NULL default '0',
  PRIMARY KEY  (`rebuild_session_id`),
  KEY `end_post_id` (`end_post_id`)
);


Report Posts 1.2.3c (MODDB) - Report Posts 2.1.5 (ALPHA)
Rebuild Search 2.4.0 (MODDB)
MOD Version Checker 1.2.0 (MODDB)
Mega Mail System 0.9.8 (ALPHA)
Pagination Select List & Input Box (MODDB)
PamRamRadio
Registered User
Posts: 104
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2005 2:36 am
Location: The Pamderosa
Contact:

Post by PamRamRadio »

Outstanding! This worked perfectly. Thank you.
RAM Radio
Playing today's traditional country and bluegrass side-by-side with the pioneers...Listen to the circle...Unbroken!
Marmotte
Registered User
Posts: 37
Joined: Thu Nov 25, 2004 3:20 am

Post by Marmotte »

chatasos wrote: hi Marmotte,

There is no DEFAULT VALUE '0' being used on the auto-increment field which is `rebuild_session_id`. Are you sure you used the following sql query?

Code: Select all

CREATE TABLE `phpbb_search_rebuild` (
  `rebuild_session_id` mediumint(8) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment,
  `start_post_id` mediumint(8) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
  `end_post_id` mediumint(8) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
  `start_time` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
  `end_time` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
  `last_cycle_time` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
  `session_time` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
  `session_posts` mediumint(8) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
  `session_cycles` mediumint(8) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
  `search_size` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
  `rebuild_session_status` tinyint(1) NOT NULL default '0',
  PRIMARY KEY  (`rebuild_session_id`),
  KEY `end_post_id` (`end_post_id`)
);

errr... you're right, I can't find it now... I was sure I had found it in the query that produced an error.
I think I'll stop trying to install MODs so late at night you could call it early morning ;)
Snapdragon
Registered User
Posts: 85
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 3:45 pm
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Contact:

Post by Snapdragon »

chatasos wrote:
Snapdragon wrote: Absolutely correct. It recognized the board was disabled, however, it still turned it back on when I cancelled the operation, twice.

Yep, you're right here. :wink:
If you cancel the process, the board gets enabled. It seems i forgot to add something...

Please try the following version:
[url=http:///www.psclub.gr/chatasos/rebuild_search/rebuild_search_2.2.1b.zip]rebuild_search_2.2.1b.zip[/url]

To update from 2.2.1a just overwrite file admin/admin_rebuild_search.php.


Sounds good. Now I see someone running an almost equally sized forum to ours sucessfully ran the rebuild while NOT being disabled... what are (if any) the side effects to having posters continue to post and edit while it's running? Is there a risk of anything going wrong? Should I post a notice not to DELETE any posts during the run?
Post Reply

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”