[2.0.21] Rebuild Search

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
81%
Very Good
14%
Good
4%
Fair
No votes
Poor
1%

Total votes: 72

jelv1

Post by jelv1 »

Check that line then - it should read:

list($match_synonym, $replace_synonym) = split(' ', trim(strtolower($synonym_list[$j])));
John

jelv1

Post by jelv1 »

To test if the change has worked (assuming that the synonyms file has not been changed) make three separate posts containing the words "committee", "comittee" and "commitee".

Searching for any one of the three spellings should find all three posts and all three spellings should be highlighted when the posts are opened from the search.

Edit 10 March: When searching, display the results as posts to make sure all are found.
Last edited by jelv1 on Fri Mar 10, 2006 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
John

pcmerc

Post by pcmerc »

I don't believe that is the problem. When I click the Rebuild_Search link in the admin panel, I don't even get the ability to enter any info to search for. The page displayed in the right pane is just blank.

jelv1

Post by jelv1 »

The rebuild search module "requires" the functions_search module to extract the words to be indexed.

I suggest you try restoring the backup copy of functions_search.php which you took before applying my suggested change and see if the rebuild search works correctly then.
John

pcmerc

Post by pcmerc »

Looks like right you were. I replaced the file & changed just the 2 places again. Working like a charm. Thanks alot guys for the mod & help.

jelv1

Post by jelv1 »

Glad to hear you are sorted.
John

chatasos

Post by chatasos »

klonducky wrote:
chatasos wrote:
klonducky wrote:I need some help with this MOD :

When the "next" countdown is done the "Processing" button turns grey and then nothing happens at all (I have wited hours on a few posts pr cycle). The process with the next cycle only start when I push the "Next" button, which is a tough job with nearly 400.000 post i the db.

Can it be a trouble with the javascript ?

Hi klonducky,

Please check that you have js working fine.

I have just checked my JS and it seems to be working fine !

Also make sure you allow the "refresh" META tag in your browser. Some browsers (like Opera) have options to disable it.

Report Posts 1.2.3c (MODDB) - Report Posts 2.1.5 (ALPHA)
Rebuild Search 2.4.0 (MODDB)
MOD Version Checker 1.2.0 (MODDB)
Mega Mail System 0.9.8 (ALPHA)
Pagination Select List & Input Box (MODDB)

trv

Post by trv »

Hello there :) Is there a way to make the search function to ignore accents? Especially in greek..!

[ Tha to egrafa sta ellinika to minima alla mias kai eimaste se aggliko forum.. Elpizw na katalaves afto pou thelw, diladi sta word* tables na pernaei mia leksi me tono kai mia xwris tono stin idia eggrafi. Genika na min anagnorizei allo xaraktira otan aftos einai tonoumenos, i na ton adikathista me ton idio alla xwris tono otan ginete to rebuild twn tables!
btw, exeis kanei foveri douleia file :-) ]

TStarGermany

Post by TStarGermany »

chatasos, thx for this tool...

i have spent a lot of time, installing th e 2.0.19 phpbb and a lot of modifications, so i was pretty surprised when one of my users told me that the search function didn't work anymore...

and indeed..somehow a huge range of word_ids had vanished..simply vanished..no clue why...i was thinking of going through all of the threads, editing/saving them so they get reindexed, but your tool saved me a lot of time..

chatasos

Post by chatasos »

trv wrote: Hello there :) Is there a way to make the search function to ignore accents? Especially in greek..!

[ Tha to egrafa sta ellinika to minima alla mias kai eimaste se aggliko forum.. Elpizw na katalaves afto pou thelw, diladi sta word* tables na pernaei mia leksi me tono kai mia xwris tono stin idia eggrafi. Genika na min anagnorizei allo xaraktira otan aftos einai tonoumenos, i na ton adikathista me ton idio alla xwris tono otan ginete to rebuild twn tables!
btw, exeis kanei foveri douleia file :-) ]

Hi trv,

You have to change the phpbb search functions in order to accomplish that.
This mod uses these functions as they are, and i wouldn't like right now to mess with them. Maybe in a future version...

[Efcharistw gia ta kala sou logia]

Report Posts 1.2.3c (MODDB) - Report Posts 2.1.5 (ALPHA)
Rebuild Search 2.4.0 (MODDB)
MOD Version Checker 1.2.0 (MODDB)
Mega Mail System 0.9.8 (ALPHA)
Pagination Select List & Input Box (MODDB)

webmacster87
Former Team Member
Name: Douglas Bell

Post by webmacster87 »

MOD Updated to version 2.2.2
See first post for Download Link

emo_boy

Post by emo_boy »

EDIT: Nice MOD.

wkitty42

Post by wkitty42 »

jelv1 wrote: To test if the change has worked (assuming that the synonyms file has not been changed) make three separate posts containing the words "committee", "comittee" and "commitee".

Searching for any one of the three spellings should find all three posts and all three spellings should be highlighted when the posts are opened from the search.

three seperate posts or three seperate threads? in either case, the only ones i see hilited are those that match exactly the term i searched for... as far as i can tell, though, they are all found by the search... just not all the synonyms are hilted :?:
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

- Richard Cook

freddie

Post by freddie »

works perfect :) (i think, i have to wait 2 hours héhé)

jelv1

Post by jelv1 »

wkitty42 wrote: three seperate posts or three seperate threads? in either case, the only ones i see hilited are those that match exactly the term i searched for... as far as i can tell, though, they are all found by the search... just not all the synonyms are hilted :?:

If you do the posts in one thread I suggest you use Display results as posts - it should find all the posts.

When you search you should be able search for all variants and no matter which variant is used all variants should be highlighted.
John

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”