[2.0.21] Rebuild Search

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
81%
Very Good
14%
Good
4%
Fair
No votes
Poor
1%

Total votes: 72

chrisf

Post by chrisf »

:evil:

I so wish i'd bothered to look for a mod like this before i attempted a restore yesterday. It's just taken me 12 hours to massage a restore of the 11million row phpbb_search_wordmatch table using bigdump :(

I presume this mod will rebuild all 3 of the search tables??
jelv1

Post by jelv1 »

If you are going to do a full rebuild I suggest you take a look at my little mod to correct the synonym indexing first - it's now been released here.
John
Zeb

Post by Zeb »

A question:

I've been rebuilding my search tables since a week because of frequent maintainer interruptions and server slowness.

Obviously I'm doing this while the board is active and the question is...
since he new topics during this week are self indexed by the board engine while the mod is indexing the older... what will happen when the mod will reach the last (new) topics already indexed by the board?
Will they reindexed two times? Does this new reindex owerwrite the one already made by the board or it will be doubled?

Sorry for my bad english... hope I made myself understood...
Last edited by Zeb on Mon Apr 24, 2006 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
-ds-

Post by -ds- »

What are the instructions for upgrading from Rebuild Search 2.2.1b to version 2.2.2?

There are no details on this anywhere. Do I need to change the sql database aswell, or only overwrite the supplied files?

Some info on this in the install.txt file would be very helpful for future releases.
car88win

Post by car88win »

ok, scary thing out of the way, I did the SQL thing for the first time and I think I did it right for the most part. I do see part of the search mod, however still something having a hickup.

I'm getting the following. Hope you don't mind I posted a pic

Agnostik

Post by Agnostik »

The SQL instructions for the install are for MySql. Anyone know the proper format for MS SQL?

Original MySQL query:

Code: Select all

CREATE TABLE `phpbb_search_rebuild` (
  `rebuild_session_id` mediumint(8) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment,
  `start_post_id` mediumint(8) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
  `end_post_id` mediumint(8) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
  `start_time` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
  `end_time` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
  `last_cycle_time` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
  `session_time` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
  `session_posts` mediumint(8) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
  `session_cycles` mediumint(8) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
  `search_size` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
  `rebuild_session_status` tinyint(1) NOT NULL default '0',
  PRIMARY KEY  (`rebuild_session_id`),
  KEY `end_post_id` (`end_post_id`)
);

I know MS SQL doesn't use 'unsigned'.

Any suggestions?[/code]
Last edited by Agnostik on Mon May 08, 2006 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Agnostik

Post by Agnostik »

Ah, think I figured it out.

For MS SQL:

CREATE TABLE phpbb_search_rebuild (
  rebuild_session_id int IDENTITY (1, 1) NOT NULL,
  start_post_id int NOT NULL,
  end_post_id int NOT NULL,
  start_time int NOT NULL,
  end_time int NOT NULL,
  last_cycle_time int NOT NULL,
  session_time int NOT NULL,
  session_posts int NOT NULL,
  session_cycles int NOT NULL,
  search_size int NOT NULL,
  rebuild_session_status tinyint NOT NULL
) 
GO

I then went in and set the Primary and Index keys manually. Looks like it's working...(running it now)...however, I was unable to use the Delete option (I had to use the No option) as I got a Debug error in "rebuild_search.php".
trv

Post by trv »

i get things like this: (and in opera the page doesn't even load)

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at (..path to forum..)\language\lang_greek\lang_admin_rebuild_search.php:268) in (..path to forum..)\admin\page_header_admin.php on line 143

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at (..path to forum..)\language\lang_greek\lang_admin_rebuild_search.php:268) in (..path to forum..)\admin\page_header_admin.php on line 145

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at (..path to forum..)\language\lang_greek\lang_admin_rebuild_search.php:268) in (..path to forum..)\admin\page_header_admin.php on line 146

i suspect it's because of changes in phpbb 2.0.20

something else (suggestion/idea):

it would be nice for the script to create the 3 tables if thay dont exist at all. That would be usefull in cases where somenone in his db backup doesnot backup those tables to save space. So when he restores he needs to manually create the tables with the mysql query done in phpbb installation, and the use this mod to "fill" them up.
irene_haydon

Post by irene_haydon »

Hi,

This question might be out of place here, but can you please tell me for 706,000 posts what kind of webspace, database size, and bandwidth you are using?

Exellent Mod,

Irene

cruisemates wrote: chatosos...

We flapped gums on your development board. I am the one with 706,000 posts. I have already moved my phpbb to a new working server, but I got so wrapped up in my DNS-switch timeline (wanting to do the transition this weekend) that I forgot to do the indexing before I did it.

Let me ask you this; the phpbb tables on my old server are up to date through yesterday. Could I run your mod on THOSE boards and then import it to my new server, and then will my new server phpBB continue building this index based on the one I imported?
moodgard

Post by moodgard »

irene_haydon wrote: Hi,

This question might be out of place here, but can you please tell me for 706,000 posts what kind of webspace, database size, and bandwidth you are using?

Exellent Mod,

Irene

I just installed this mod, so I'm just guessing: Bandwidth doesn't matter because it's only using CPU and disk space.

The control panel during the rebuild shows current table size, current database size and estimated table and database sizes. I have about 150,000 posts and my estimated search tables size is about 150MB.

I'm guessing my rebuild will take 3-4 days.

Great mod, by the way; thanks.
irene_haydon

Post by irene_haydon »

Hi.

I tried this mod on 2.0.20 and its giving me problems, when i try to search something the error says:

Warning: Empty delimiter in c:\apache\htdocs\forum\includes\functions_search.php on line 517

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at c:\apache\htdocs\forum\includes\functions_search.php:517) in c:\apache\htdocs\forum\includes\page_header.php on line 485

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at c:\apache\htdocs\forum\includes\functions_search.php:517) in c:\apache\htdocs\forum\includes\page_header.php on line 487

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at c:\apache\htdocs\forum\includes\functions_search.php:517) in c:\apache\htdocs\forum\includes\page_header.php on line 488
the line 517 in my functions_search.php is exactly same as given in the mod:

$search_referer = (strpos($search_referer, $board_config['sitename']) === FALSE) ? $search_referer : '';
I don't know what i am doing wrong. some help please

Thanks,
Irene

da_badtz_one wrote: I don't think this will have any affect on the 2.0.20 as there's nothing that touches the search backend with 2.0.20's update. So it will work.
darkimage

Post by darkimage »

there's no way to indicize only the last %n posts?
i have 40000+ posts, but i prefer only make "searchable" the last 10000.

thanks for this beatiful mod. :lol:
Snapdragon

Post by Snapdragon »

irene_haydon wrote: This question might be out of place here, but can you please tell me for 706,000 posts what kind of webspace, database size, and bandwidth you are using?

We have 1.5 million posts, 21000 users, the DB is 565 MB in size, uses nothing else for webspace other than the 15 mb or so for the PHP files, and 60 to 80 GB in bandwidth a month.

This mod wants 22 days to rebuild our tables...we're still cutting down the posts manually first.
zoulxp

Post by zoulxp »

hello,

i have a little problem. Have installed the mod : allright.

I lunch the mod, work to the end : allright.

i looked my phpbb_search_wordlist : i have a lot of word but all the word have 0 for word_id

so what's happen ?

thank you for your help :)
zoulxp

Post by zoulxp »

have find... little problem of auto_increment in wordlist...

happy end :D

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”