[2.0.21] Rebuild Search

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
81%
Very Good
14%
Good
4%
Fair
No votes
Poor
1%

Total votes: 72

debdee_MI

Post by debdee_MI »

I have gotten the mod to run to completion, but still not receiving any search by keyword results.
chatasos

Post by chatasos »

debdee_MI wrote: I have gotten the mod to run to completion, but still not receiving any search by keyword results.

Just make sure you haven't installed any mod that changes the searching/posting code.

Also, taken from mod's instructions:

## NOTE : This mod indexes your posts (by rebuilding the search tables) exactly the same way phpbb does on each post
## when it's written. So if afterwards you cannot find some words of a specific post that has been indexed,
## try to edit that post using phpbb and check again if you can find them. If you cannot find them,
## then search for these words isn't "working" on your forum (there could be various reasons for this).
##
## So, if you can't find a keyword, which you're sure it exists in your posts, then please make sure that:
##
## 1) It's not included in your "language/lang_xxx/search_stopwords.txt" file.
## The words included in this file, are not indexed in the search tables.
## 2) It hasn't been flagged as too common in the db. You can run the following query in order to check that:
##
## SELECT *
## FROM `phpbb_search_wordlist`
## WHERE `word_common` != 0
##
## This will show you all the words that have been flagged as too common in the phpbb db,
## which means that they are not indexed in the search tables.

Last, check you language settings (setlocale) in the lang_main.php file

Report Posts 1.2.3c (MODDB) - Report Posts 2.1.5 (ALPHA)
Rebuild Search 2.4.0 (MODDB)
MOD Version Checker 1.2.0 (MODDB)
Mega Mail System 0.9.8 (ALPHA)
Pagination Select List & Input Box (MODDB)
chatasos

Post by chatasos »

debdee_MI wrote: I am using 2.0.21. I have moved my forum from one site to another. The search by keyword is not working. I have a little under 6,000 posts.

I have installed your mod and have run it numerous times. It keeps timing out, even when running 1 post per cycle. It will get about 1/3 done, after about 3 hours, and it will time out. I try to restart from where it stopped, and it will time out and not restart, even waiting hours after the timeout.

Any ideas?

Do you get any error?
What does the progress screen say when the mod timeouts?

Lostboy

Post by Lostboy »

Great mod! Thank you. I'm a bit new to mods, but I've done everything and it's worked out great. I have one question, which is probably very simple, however I thought I'd ask as I wouldn't want to mess anything up.

Now that I've used this mod to rebuild my search, how can I remove the mod. I like to have my forum nice and clean, free of mods.

I'm guessing that I just go backwards from what the installation instructions are, however just to make sure that in phpMyAdmin, I just simply delete the "phpbb_search_rebuild" file correct?

I don't think this is a hard question, but I just thought I'd ask to make sure before I go deleting stuff. Thank you!
chatasos

Post by chatasos »

Lostboy wrote: Great mod! Thank you. I'm a bit new to mods, but I've done everything and it's worked out great. I have one question, which is probably very simple, however I thought I'd ask as I wouldn't want to mess anything up.

Now that I've used this mod to rebuild my search, how can I remove the mod. I like to have my forum nice and clean, free of mods.

I'm guessing that I just go backwards from what the installation instructions are, however just to make sure that in phpMyAdmin, I just simply delete the "phpbb_search_rebuild" file correct?

I don't think this is a hard question, but I just thought I'd ask to make sure before I go deleting stuff. Thank you!

Yep...you delete this table and all the mod's files :wink:

Lostboy

Post by Lostboy »

Thank you very much for your time chatasos! Again; great mod!
debdee_MI

Post by debdee_MI »

chatasos wrote: Do you get any error?
What does the progress screen say when the mod timeouts?

In the frame that had the progress bars, it would give me the usual IE error page to check your network connections. I would hit the back-error and then it would try to process the next one. Once I got this error, it would never clear. I would have to start over from record 0. I am not sure what I did to solve the problem, but it finally finished after trying 10 or 20 times. Once it finished, the search still didn't work. It put in 28,000 records in the phpbb_search_wordlist, but all of them were word_common = 1.
debdee_MI

Post by debdee_MI »

I have solved the problem and everything is working great now.

I believe I had either damaged tables or incorrect tables for search. I had upgraded my previous site before export/importing it to my new site, which I dropped all search tables and recreated with the sql file I created at export.

I now dropped the three search tables and recreated them from the sql file in the phpBB install script. I then ran your mod. It worked fantastic. I had a little over 6000 records and it did it in about 5 minutes. My search is working great. My users are happy. Live is good.

Thank you so very much for your assistance and your mod. :D
pentapenguin
Former Team Member

Post by pentapenguin »

Thanks chatasos for this MOD! It was very handy when the search tables recently got corrupted. Very easy to install! Thanks again! :)
Support Resources: Support Request Template
If you need professional assistance with your board, please contact me for my reasonable rates.
fragile_swamp

Post by fragile_swamp »

This mod is very useful, but it's a pity, that there are no any standalone version to run from unix console. So, such script could be protected from loosing http-connections, exceeding time limits and so on.
chatasos

Post by chatasos »

fragile_swamp wrote: This mod is very useful, but it's a pity, that there are no any standalone version to run from unix console. So, such script could be protected from loosing http-connections, exceeding time limits and so on.

The mod depends heavily on its gui, so i guess it would be quite difficult to make it work from shell, without loosing a lot of its functionality.
In any case, whover feels confident "converting" it, can give it a try :wink:

Bill Knight

Re: [2.0.21] Rebuild Search

Post by Bill Knight »

MOD Database Manager wrote: Classification: 52 Admin Tools

MOD Name: Rebuild Search
Author: chatasos
MOD Description: This mod allows admins to index all posts in their forum by rebuilding the search tables. Rebuild progress can be stopped and resumed at a later time and some time/db statistics are displayed while rebuilding.
I just ran across a problem where the "Rebuild Search" function that - to the best of my knowledge - had always been part of the original PHPBB wasn't working. Mind you, I'd not used it in years, but it was always there in the ACP menu if I ever needed it again.

Well, I needed it this afternoon, and it didn't work! It just sat there at 0% doing nothing for four hours.

Imagine my surprise when I posted to the Support Forum and found out that this was a MOD that someone else had installed without my permission a few years back.

I'd always thought it was part of the native code. It worked SO flawlessly, and seemed such a logical extension that I figured it had to be there from the start.

Well, once I found out it wasn't working because it hadn't been updated in two years, I downloaded the mod, and fixed things. Then I ran it.

It works even MORE flawlessly.

Chatasos, my hats off. This is one of the best mods I've seen for PHPBB. Thanks for your work on something that should have been part of the original package!
Duvelske

Post by Duvelske »

is there any dutch translation for this mod??
Greetzzz, Duvelske
| Vitrax Premodded | my Mods | Partyfreakers |
Rodmar

Post by Rodmar »

Hi

Thanks for this really nice mod.

I come across a problem though. Every time it goes through another process, it gives me this error in MySQL. I'm using phpBB 2.0.21. Any ideas?:

Code: Select all

File: /public_html/includes/functions_search.php
Line: 368
Message: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ') 
					GROUP BY word_id 
					HAVING COUNT(word_id) = 1' at line 3
Code: 1064
Query: SELECT word_id 
					FROM phpbb_search_wordmatch 
					WHERE word_id IN () 
					GROUP BY word_id 
					HAVING COUNT(word_id) = 1
Volunteer Forum

Post by Volunteer Forum »

WoW , what a different when i search now.
I took the truncate mode and now the search works perfect once again.
Thank you for this mod :D
Everything that is not perfect is a flaw [",]

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”