[2.0.19] Login Redirection Suite

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
70%
Very Good
No votes
Good
10%
Fair
10%
Poor
10%

Total votes: 10

felipe

Post by felipe »

MOD installed without a hitch! thanks. I made the changes to the code (found on page one) that redirects users to "index.php" after logout. I prefer that.
Felipe Alvarez's website
felipe

Post by felipe »

.:URGENT:.

Today I tried to login and I typed the wrong password, then it took me to a page like this one. No worries so far.

The very first link on that page is incorrect. I shows
h*tp://www.rubenal.com/phpbb/\"./login.php?red ... /index.php?\" (the protocol was complete, i only typed h*tp so it would not create a false URL)
I looked through the MODifications I made to includes/page_header.php, and I installed it correctly, but I made one change last night. I really don't think that my change is the problem but it could be ;) Here's the change I made:

BEFORE THE CHANGE

Code: Select all

// Generate logged in/logged out status
//
if ( $userdata['session_logged_in'] )
{
	$u_login_logout = 'login.' . $phpEx . '?logout=true&redirect=' . $redirect . '&sid=' . $userdata['session_id'];
	$l_login_logout = $lang['Logout'] . ' [ ' . $userdata['username'] . ' ]';
}
else
{
	$u_login_logout = 'login.' . $phpEx . '?redirect=' . $redirect;
	$l_login_logout = $lang['Login'];
}
//-- fin mod : Login Redirection Suite -----------------------------------------
NEW CHANGES I MADE TO THE CODE ABOVE (approx line 100-115)

Code: Select all

// Generate logged in/logged out status
//
if ( $userdata['session_logged_in'] )
{
//delete---	$u_login_logout = 'login.' . $phpEx . '?logout=true&redirect=' . $redirect . '&sid=' . $userdata['session_id'];
	$u_login_logout = 'login.'.$phpEx.'?logout=true&sid=' . $userdata['session_id'];
	$l_login_logout = $lang['Logout'] . ' [ ' . $userdata['username'] . ' ]';
}
else
{
	$u_login_logout = 'login.' . $phpEx . '?redirect=' . $redirect;
	$l_login_logout = $lang['Login'];
}
//-- fin mod : Login Redirection Suite -----------------------------------------

This is the only change to the mod that I made! But that link is kinda toast! Why is the link acting this way? What do I need to change?

Another thing, my other admin attempted to login today (I hadn't logged in all day today, except just 20 mins ago) He tried his normal password that he's been using for many weeks, and it denied him, saying pass was incorrect. So he clicked forgot password, and the prog sent him a new one. He tried it, and it didn't work! When he got back home, and hopped onto his home PC, he logged in using the old password, the one he had been using for weeks before he clicked on forgot password, and he was able to login successfully! Is this an effect of this mod? What could be the problem here...? How can I fix this?

Please help!
Felipe Alvarez's website
Shanana

Post by Shanana »

Question:

Can this mod also make it so that if you type in the wrong login information, visitors get redirected to the page of your choice?
felipe

Post by felipe »

Shanana wrote: Question:

Can this mod also make it so that if you type in the wrong login information, visitors get redirected to the page of your choice?

Try this MOD: Redirection Suite @ phpbbhacks,com.
Felipe Alvarez's website
Shanana

Post by Shanana »

I forgot about that one. Thanks!
phantomk
Name: Daniel Lee

Post by phantomk »

felipe wrote: The very first link on that page is incorrect. I shows
h*tp://www.rubenal.com/phpbb/\"./login.php?red ... /index.php?\" (the protocol was complete, i only typed h*tp so it would not create a false URL)
I looked through the MODifications I made to includes/page_header.php, and I installed it correctly, but I made one change last night. I really don't think that my change is the problem but it could be ;) Here's the change I made:

A minor mistake on my part, I will resubmit the correction when I get home, and I will post corrections later, can't do it right now as I have to goto work in about 20 mins.
Another thing, my other admin attempted to login today (I hadn't logged in all day today, except just 20 mins ago) He tried his normal password that he's been using for many weeks, and it denied him, saying pass was incorrect. So he clicked forgot password, and the prog sent him a new one. He tried it, and it didn't work! When he got back home, and hopped onto his home PC, he logged in using the old password, the one he had been using for weeks before he clicked on forgot password, and he was able to login successfully! Is this an effect of this mod? What could be the problem here...? How can I fix this?

That would be an issue with the default phpBB lost password retrieval. I have never used it myself, haven't dived into its code so I can't say, but I'll take a look tonight to see what could be wrong.
felipe

Post by felipe »

phantomk : anyword on a fix? I've uninstalled this mod until I hear word from you again :)
Felipe Alvarez's website
phantomk

Post by phantomk »

felipe wrote: phantomk : anyword on a fix? I've uninstalled this mod until I hear word from you again :)

It has been submitted to the MOD DB, hopefully should have it done soon.
felipe

Post by felipe »

thanks.
Felipe Alvarez's website
DennyCrane

Post by DennyCrane »

there is a very minor lack of perfection i've noticed. if a user is in their PMs/Profile or a moderator is moderating, after logging out if immediately asks for them to log back in. If possible, it would be spiffy if instead it directed back to the index or something.

of course this doesnt really matter at all, i'm just mentioning it in case creator is a perfectionist type ;)
felipe

Post by felipe »

I believe this is what you are looking for. I agree with you, I think the MOD should redirect user to index.php upon LogOut. That link will show you what to do to achieve this.
Felipe Alvarez's website
phantomk

Post by phantomk »

I see where you are going with this. It might just be the way I log in, I never log out, so it is just one thing that has never really been noticed by myself. I will add instances to redirect the user back to index.php if they are in restricted areas like PM/MOD/Search/Memberlist/Profile/FAQ areas :)
DennyCrane

Post by DennyCrane »

awesome :lol: 8)
phantomk

Post by phantomk »

Have the mod updated, submiting it to the MODDB. Whenever a user is logged in and is at any of the following pages:
groupcp.php
modcp.php
posting.php
privmsg.php
profile.php

They will automatically have the redirect link directed to index.php
DennyCrane

Post by DennyCrane »

this is kind of a mod request, but i'm asking it here because it is probably almost identical to what you've done..

how about the same thing for editing profile?

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”