What this mod is about:
This mod is a simple version of attachment mod. It works only for images.
All images are hosted on third party image hosting service, so you don't need to worry about disk space. Thumbnails are generated for all images so uploading large images won't break your posts.
How it works:
Uploading images is as simple as it can get:
1. When starting new thread or posting reply you see "add image to post" link below textarea:
2. Click that link, popup will appear where you should select image and add description to that image (description is optional):
3. You click "upload it" link, image is uploaded and bbcode is automatically inserted in post:
4. You click "submit" to submit post and thumbnail of image appears in post (just like thumbnails posted above)
Installation of this mod is very simple. Alternative installation methods (including one that doesn't require editing of tpl files, so if you have lots of templates installed you can use it) are available here: http://www.phpbbstyles.com/viewtopic.php?t=8121
Why is it better than imageshack/etc integration mods?
1. It inserts bbcode in post. You don't need to do copy/paste from popup. Its much easier to use.
2. Unlike all major image hosting services, postimage.org doesn't allow hotlinking of images. This means it doesn't waste terabytes of bandwidth on useless avatars and signatures. So it uses faster internet connection and better hardware to make sure image hosting is always very fast.
3. No popup advertizing or activex junk. And there never will be any.
To use image hosting in your language you need to add "lang" parameter to popup url. See third post of this thread on how to do it: http://www.phpbbstyles.com/viewtopic.php?t=8121