[2.0.18] Track PMs

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
9
82%
Very Good
0
No votes
Good
0
No votes
Fair
1
9%
Poor
1
9%
 
Total votes: 11

asinshesq
Registered User
Posts: 6266
Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2004 9:34 pm
Location: NYC
Name: Alan

Post by asinshesq » Sat Apr 01, 2006 5:52 pm

Manipe wrote: ...Please don't use any other because they may not run properly.

phantomk's version runs fine and has more features than does manipe's (though manipe is probably right that phantomk won't want to spend time supporting it since he so far he hasn't submitted his version for vaildation). I'll be happy to switch back to manipe's version as soon as he adds those additional features, which I personally find important.

fahraeus
Registered User
Posts: 134
Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2004 3:47 pm

Post by fahraeus » Sat Apr 01, 2006 6:54 pm

asinshesq wrote: I'll be happy to switch back to manipe's version as soon as he adds those additional features, which I personally find important.


+1

phantomk
Registered User
Posts: 1039
Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2004 5:32 am
Location: Canada Eh?
Name: Daniel Lee
Contact:

Post by phantomk » Sat Apr 01, 2006 7:45 pm

Only wanted to show a easier way to do it :) Manipe is free to do as he wishes, if he wants I will remove the code from my posts.

Manipe
Former Team Member
Posts: 1146
Joined: Thu Jul 22, 2004 6:30 pm
Location: Éire
Contact:

Post by Manipe » Sat Apr 01, 2006 8:53 pm

No, phantomk, don't bother.

I just wanted to say that you won't get support for you version, as it's not validated. If enough people do want the additions I will add them, but it will take a while, as I'm currently studying hard.
My MODs: [ Topics a user has started ] , [ Profile views ] , [ Colour on poll results ] , [ Topic posters ] , [ Add number to PM ] , [ Default avatar ] , [ View category name ] , [ Null vote ] , [ Forum description in viewforum ] , [ Resync forum ids ] , [ View PM while replying ] , [ Quick poll insert ] , [ Limit login attempts ] , [ Track PMs ]

www.ManipeF1.com

phantomk
Registered User
Posts: 1039
Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2004 5:32 am
Location: Canada Eh?
Name: Daniel Lee
Contact:

Post by phantomk » Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:35 am

Manipe wrote: No, phantomk, don't bother.

I just wanted to say that you won't get support for you version, as it's not validated. If enough people do want the additions I will add them, but it will take a while, as I'm currently studying hard.

I hear yah, working 40 hours a week here plus studying :S

nfljunkeez
Registered User
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Mar 06, 2006 11:09 am
Contact:

Post by nfljunkeez » Sun Apr 02, 2006 8:00 pm

I would like to have the tracker show in the "privmsg.php?folder=inbox&mode=read" section as well as ONLY in the reply section.

I do not know how to create code but I am pretty good and following directions so if somebody can give me detailed instructions to adding the tracker to the topic read file it would AWESOME!

I have been looking for this type of mod for ever and I must say... I LOVE IT!

I am using "Manipe's" version 1.0

Thanks in advance

User avatar
Makc666
Registered User
Posts: 358
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2003 12:03 pm
Location: MSK-RU
Name: Maxim
Contact:

Post by Makc666 » Sun Apr 30, 2006 11:30 pm

Manipe wrote:
asinshesq wrote:
Manipe wrote:
asinshesq wrote:manipe, are you planning on doing another version that covers previews, editing, etc.?
Yes I am, but not in the near future. Study and other commitments are catching up with me, so don't hold your breath.

Ok, thanks for letting me know.

The update on this is that a new version has been submitted to the database, and will hopefully be validated in the near future. This enables the viewing of PM Review when previewing posts.

Where is the update?

eoinoc333
Registered User
Posts: 49
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2005 9:09 am
Contact:

Post by eoinoc333 » Sun May 07, 2006 1:20 pm

nfljunkeez wrote: I would like to have the tracker show in the "privmsg.php?folder=inbox&mode=read" section as well as ONLY in the reply section.

I do not know how to create code but I am pretty good and following directions so if somebody can give me detailed instructions to adding the tracker to the topic read file it would AWESOME!

I have been looking for this type of mod for ever and I must say... I LOVE IT!

I am using "Manipe's" version 1.0

Thanks in advance


Yes, I agree. This mod could be improved to be just like Gmail's conversations, where all PMs are displayed in order (from bother you and the other person) when reading that conversation.

net83it
Registered User
Posts: 500
Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2006 2:42 pm
Location: Sicily
Contact:

Post by net83it » Tue May 16, 2006 8:46 pm

has this mod problems with the Welcom Private Message?

thank you

pomelo
Registered User
Posts: 29
Joined: Thu Sep 23, 2004 9:04 pm
Location: France
Contact:

Post by pomelo » Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:29 am

nfljunkeez wrote: I would like to have the tracker show in the "privmsg.php?folder=inbox&mode=read" section as well as ONLY in the reply section.

I do not know how to create code but I am pretty good and following directions so if somebody can give me detailed instructions to adding the tracker to the topic read file it would AWESOME!


I do agree !! This would be great to have the tracker even when we read the mp's
I'm using Manipe's mod version 1.0.0

Which part of the code needs to be added to have the review in the read section ?

Thanks

getalinks
Registered User
Posts: 222
Joined: Wed May 17, 2006 5:16 am
Location: Wisconsin, USA
Contact:

Post by getalinks » Thu Jun 29, 2006 2:35 pm

I feel kinda dumb here, but I got to the part where it says "UPDATE `phpbb_privmsgs` SET `privmsgs_track_id` = `privmsgs_id`;"

Where do I do this? I created the "privmsgs_track_id", but now I'm stuck.

JingleJeans
Registered User
Posts: 49
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2005 5:11 am

Post by JingleJeans » Mon Jul 17, 2006 12:00 pm

I need some help with the Manipe's version. I am stuck on the first steps. How do I go about doing this?:

Code: Select all

#-----[ SQL ]------------------------------------------------
#
ALTER TABLE `phpbb_privmsgs` ADD `privmsgs_track_id` mediumint(8) UNSIGNED DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL;
UPDATE `phpbb_privmsgs` SET `privmsgs_track_id` = `privmsgs_id`;

#

roadhog
Registered User
Posts: 104
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2005 2:23 pm
Location: Texas, USA

Post by roadhog » Sun Jul 30, 2006 4:44 pm

Using phpmyadmin, select the SQL tab, and paste those lines

Code: Select all

ALTER TABLE `phpbb_privmsgs` ADD `privmsgs_track_id` mediumint(8) UNSIGNED DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL;
UPDATE `phpbb_privmsgs` SET `privmsgs_track_id` = `privmsgs_id`
into the box provided for SQL queries, and click on "go". This will alter your tables as required by the mod.

User avatar
lefty74
Registered User
Posts: 3649
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2005 8:26 pm
Location: NL
Contact:

Post by lefty74 » Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:59 am

Makc666 wrote:
Manipe wrote:
asinshesq wrote:
Manipe wrote:
asinshesq wrote:manipe, are you planning on doing another version that covers previews, editing, etc.?
Yes I am, but not in the near future. Study and other commitments are catching up with me, so don't hold your breath.

Ok, thanks for letting me know.

The update on this is that a new version has been submitted to the database, and will hopefully be validated in the near future. This enables the viewing of PM Review when previewing posts.

Where is the update?


Sorry for the bump, I also cannot see the new version, the only version is 1.0.0, the first release.
Also, the links for phantomk's version unfortunately do not work either anymore.
Thanks
lefty74
zoocrew.eu - help us save our wildlife
My MODS | Due to lack of time I unfortunately am unable to work on my mods anymore, anyone who has ideas to improve them and would like to take any of them over, please PM me.

AFIEE
Registered User
Posts: 76
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2005 9:06 pm

Post by AFIEE » Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:28 pm

I am getting this error

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_VARIABLE in /home/ourother/public_html/forum/privmsg.php on line 1713

This is line 1713:
(if ( $attach_sig $pm_track_id && $user_sig != '' && $userdata ['user_sig_bbcode_uid'] )
[/quote]

Post Reply

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”