[2.0.18] Track PMs

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
9
82%
Very Good
0
No votes
Good
0
No votes
Fair
1
9%
Poor
1
9%
 
Total votes: 11

AFIEE
Registered User
Posts: 76
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2005 9:06 pm

Post by AFIEE » Tue Aug 15, 2006 11:25 pm

OK I fixed that now I am getting this.

Could not insert/update private message sent info.

DEBUG MODE

INSERT INTO phpbb_privmsgs (privmsgs_type, privmsgs_subject, privmsgs_from_userid, privmsgs_to_userid, privmsgs_date, privmsgs_ip, privmsgs_enable_html, privmsgs_enable_bbcode, privmsgs_enable_smilies, privmsgs_attach_sig , privmsgs_track_id) VALUES (1, 'Testing new Pm tracker Add on', 2, 4, 1155676787, '4701f70f', 0, 1, 1, 0)

Line : 1321
File : privmsg.php

AFIEE
Registered User
Posts: 76
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2005 9:06 pm

Post by AFIEE » Wed Aug 16, 2006 12:33 am

I am also getting this Error in my SQL

Error
SQL query:

SELECT COUNT( * ) AS num
FROM `ourother_phpbb`.`phpbb_privmsgs`

MySQL said:

#1033 - Incorrect information in file: './ourother_phpbb/phpbb_privmsgs.frm'

AFIEE
Registered User
Posts: 76
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2005 9:06 pm

Post by AFIEE » Wed Aug 16, 2006 2:16 am

and now this

General Error

Could not update private message new/read status (2) for user

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1033 Incorrect information in file: './ourother_phpbb/phpbb_privmsgs.frm'

UPDATE phpbb_privmsgs SET privmsgs_type = 5 WHERE privmsgs_type = 1 AND privmsgs_to_userid = 2

Line : 1996
File : privmsg.php


What the heck did I do wrong? I followed the install instructions to a tee. I've never had these kinds of problems installing something before.

ETA: Well I have no idea what happened but I've totally screwed up my pms. and I have no idea how to fix this. If it is fixable.

asinshesq
Registered User
Posts: 6266
Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2004 9:34 pm
Location: NYC
Name: Alan

Post by asinshesq » Wed Aug 16, 2006 12:33 pm

AFIEE wrote: ...What the heck did I do wrong? I followed the install instructions to a tee. I've never had these kinds of problems installing something before...

I see that you have in the last 24 hours posted in muliple topics about multiple mods that you've tried to install and that aren't working. Let me suggest a few things.

First, it is a really really bad idea to install more than one mod at a time. When you install a mod, you need to get it working perfectly (or give up and go back to your backup files) before moving on to the next mod. How do you expect to keep track of what is going on if you have multiple mods incorrectly installed and interacting badly?

Second, use easymod to install your mods. It is clear from your posts that you do not know your way around php (no offense, but it is clear), and with long mods you are almost 100% guaranteed to make mistakes when installing and then you have no idea how to fix things.

Third (and related to points 1 and 2), I suggest you go back to your backups as they existed before you started installing mods a day ago and then reinstall the mods one by one using easymod. Make sure you get each mod working properly before installing the next one.

If you install with easymod and run into trouble, people on this board are remarkably helpful at helping you find the problem and fixing it. But if you install by hand and have a bunch of isntallation mistakes on top of whatever incompatibilit8ies there are between the mod you are installing and prior mods, that wastes an incredible amount of time for you and for anyone willing to help you in tracking down the needle in a haystack to find where you made your error.

User avatar
lefty74
Registered User
Posts: 3649
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2005 8:26 pm
Location: NL
Contact:

Post by lefty74 » Wed Aug 16, 2006 6:45 pm

lefty74 wrote:
Makc666 wrote:
Manipe wrote:
asinshesq wrote:
Manipe wrote: Yes I am, but not in the near future. Study and other commitments are catching up with me, so don't hold your breath.

Ok, thanks for letting me know.

The update on this is that a new version has been submitted to the database, and will hopefully be validated in the near future. This enables the viewing of PM Review when previewing posts.

Where is the update?


Sorry for the bump, I also cannot see the new version, the only version is 1.0.0, the first release.
Also, the links for phantomk's version unfortunately do not work either anymore.
Thanks

I know I bumped this only yesterday but this went to the next page I am not sure that this has been noticed due to AFIEE posts...
lefty74
zoocrew.eu - help us save our wildlife
My MODS | Due to lack of time I unfortunately am unable to work on my mods anymore, anyone who has ideas to improve them and would like to take any of them over, please PM me.

AFIEE
Registered User
Posts: 76
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2005 9:06 pm

Post by AFIEE » Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:11 pm

asinshesq wrote:
AFIEE wrote:...What the heck did I do wrong? I followed the install instructions to a tee. I've never had these kinds of problems installing something before...

I see that you have in the last 24 hours posted in muliple topics about multiple mods that you've tried to install and that aren't working. Let me suggest a few things.

First, it is a really really bad idea to install more than one mod at a time. When you install a mod, you need to get it working perfectly (or give up and go back to your backup files) before moving on to the next mod. How do you expect to keep track of what is going on if you have multiple mods incorrectly installed and interacting badly?

Second, use easymod to install your mods. It is clear from your posts that you do not know your way around php (no offense, but it is clear), and with long mods you are almost 100% guaranteed to make mistakes when installing and then you have no idea how to fix things.

Third (and related to points 1 and 2), I suggest you go back to your backups as they existed before you started installing mods a day ago and then reinstall the mods one by one using easymod. Make sure you get each mod working properly before installing the next one.

If you install with easymod and run into trouble, people on this board are remarkably helpful at helping you find the problem and fixing it. But if you install by hand and have a bunch of isntallation mistakes on top of whatever incompatibilit8ies there are between the mod you are installing and prior mods, that wastes an incredible amount of time for you and for anyone willing to help you in tracking down the needle in a haystack to find where you made your error.


Yes I posted in a couple of other threads about mods that I installed that I wasn't sure if they were working. But they were/are working fine. No I am not an expert on phpbb or sql. But for the most part I can install a mod and not have any trouble.

I caked up my database before I installed this, but I am having trouble with restoring it.

My question is this is there a query that I can use that will reverse this
sql query that I added for the tracker pm
###ALTER TABLE `phpbb_privmsgs` ADD `privmsgs_track_id` mediumint(8) UNSIGNED DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL;
UPDATE `phpbb_privmsgs` SET `privmsgs_track_id` = `privmsgs_id`;

asinshesq
Registered User
Posts: 6266
Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2004 9:34 pm
Location: NYC
Name: Alan

Post by asinshesq » Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:25 pm

AFIEE wrote: My question is this is there a query that I can use that will reverse this
sql query that I added for the tracker pm
###ALTER TABLE `phpbb_privmsgs` ADD `privmsgs_track_id` mediumint(8) UNSIGNED DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL;
UPDATE `phpbb_privmsgs` SET `privmsgs_track_id` = `privmsgs_id`;


For mysql, you would say:

Code: Select all

ALTER TABLE 'phpbb_privmsgs' DROP 'privmsgs_track_id';

AFIEE
Registered User
Posts: 76
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2005 9:06 pm

Post by AFIEE » Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:29 pm

Thank you!

User avatar
pentapenguin
Former Team Member
Posts: 11030
Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2004 4:15 am
Location: GA, USA

Post by pentapenguin » Tue Sep 12, 2006 3:16 am

Handy MOD, thanks!
Support Resources: Support Request Template
If you need professional assistance with your board, please contact me for my reasonable rates.

User avatar
lefty74
Registered User
Posts: 3649
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2005 8:26 pm
Location: NL
Contact:

Post by lefty74 » Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:31 am

lefty74 wrote:
Makc666 wrote:
Manipe wrote:
asinshesq wrote:
Manipe wrote: Yes I am, but not in the near future. Study and other commitments are catching up with me, so don't hold your breath.

Ok, thanks for letting me know.

The update on this is that a new version has been submitted to the database, and will hopefully be validated in the near future. This enables the viewing of PM Review when previewing posts.

Where is the update?


Sorry for the bump, I also cannot see the new version, the only version is 1.0.0, the first release.
Also, the links for phantomk's version unfortunately do not work either anymore.
Thanks
Does anyone have the latest version that was submitted or maybe even phantomk's version which they don"t mind sharing?
Thanks
lefty74
zoocrew.eu - help us save our wildlife
My MODS | Due to lack of time I unfortunately am unable to work on my mods anymore, anyone who has ideas to improve them and would like to take any of them over, please PM me.

User avatar
lefty74
Registered User
Posts: 3649
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2005 8:26 pm
Location: NL
Contact:

Post by lefty74 » Tue Oct 10, 2006 6:33 pm

Hi, I installed this mod and I think I fixed the welcome pm part.

I also have the mass pm mod installed. The fix for the welcome pm part does not work correctly. Has anyone an idea how to make this mod work for the mass pm mod?

This is I believe the part of the code that needs the adding

Code: Select all

	$sql = ( $group_id != -1 ) ? "SELECT u.user_id, u.username, u.user_notify_pm, u.user_email, u.user_lang, u.user_active FROM " . USERS_TABLE . " u, " . USER_GROUP_TABLE . " ug WHERE ug.group_id = $group_id AND ug.user_pending <> " . TRUE . " AND u.user_id = ug.user_id AND u.user_id > 0" : "SELECT user_id, username, user_notify_pm, user_email, user_lang, user_active FROM " . USERS_TABLE." WHERE user_id > 0";
	if ( !($result = $db->sql_query($sql)) )
	{
		message_die(GENERAL_ERROR, 'Could not select group members', '', __LINE__, __FILE__, $sql);
	}
	else
	{
		include($phpbb_root_path . 'includes/emailer.'.$phpEx);
		$script_name = preg_replace('/^\/?(.*?)\/?$/', "\\1", trim($board_config['script_path']));
		$script_name = ( $script_name != '' ) ? $script_name . '/privmsg.'.$phpEx : 'privmsg.'.$phpEx;
		$server_name = trim($board_config['server_name']);
		$server_protocol = ( $board_config['cookie_secure'] ) ? 'https://' : 'http://';
		$server_port = ( $board_config['server_port'] <> 80 ) ? ':' . trim($board_config['server_port']) . '/' : '/';

		while( $to_userdata = $db->sql_fetchrow($result) )
		{
			// Hier versenden.
			$msg_time = time();
			
			$sql_info = "INSERT INTO " . PRIVMSGS_TABLE . " (privmsgs_type, privmsgs_subject, privmsgs_from_userid, privmsgs_to_userid, privmsgs_date, privmsgs_ip, privmsgs_enable_html, privmsgs_enable_bbcode, privmsgs_enable_smilies, privmsgs_attach_sig)
				VALUES (" . PRIVMSGS_NEW_MAIL . ", '" . str_replace("\'", "''", $privmsg_subject) . "', " . $userdata['user_id'] . ", " . $to_userdata['user_id'] . ", $msg_time, '', 0, 1, 1, 0)";

			if ( !($result1 = $db->sql_query($sql_info, BEGIN_TRANSACTION)) )
			{
				message_die(GENERAL_ERROR, "Could not insert/update private message sent info.", "", __LINE__, __FILE__, $sql_info);
			}

			$privmsg_sent_id = $db->sql_nextid();

			$sql = "INSERT INTO " . PRIVMSGS_TEXT_TABLE . " (privmsgs_text_id, privmsgs_bbcode_uid, privmsgs_text)
				VALUES ($privmsg_sent_id, '" . $bbcode_uid . "', '" . str_replace("\'", "''", $privmsg_message) . "')";

			if ( !$db->sql_query($sql, END_TRANSACTION) )
			{
				message_die(GENERAL_ERROR, "Could not insert/update private message sent text.", "", __LINE__, __FILE__, $sql_info);
			}
However, when adding this above the $sql = "INSERT INTO " statement

Code: Select all

	$sql = "SELECT MAX(privmsgs_id) AS privmsgs_track_id
   FROM " . PRIVMSGS_TABLE;
   if ( !$result = $db->sql_query($sql) )
   {
      message_die(GENERAL_ERROR, 'Could not get PM track id', '', __LINE__, __FILE__, $sql);
   }

   $row = $db->sql_fetchrow($result);
   $pm_track_id = $row['privmsgs_track_id'] + 1;
and privmsgs_track_id and $pm_track_id to the statement itself it sends the PM only to the first user and no further ones.

Does anyone have an idea how I can change it so that the privmsgs_track_id is recorded for each PM sent?


Many thanks in advance
lefty
lefty74
zoocrew.eu - help us save our wildlife
My MODS | Due to lack of time I unfortunately am unable to work on my mods anymore, anyone who has ideas to improve them and would like to take any of them over, please PM me.

User avatar
lefty74
Registered User
Posts: 3649
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2005 8:26 pm
Location: NL
Contact:

Post by lefty74 » Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:09 pm

Does anyone know please?
lefty74
zoocrew.eu - help us save our wildlife
My MODS | Due to lack of time I unfortunately am unable to work on my mods anymore, anyone who has ideas to improve them and would like to take any of them over, please PM me.

User avatar
lefty74
Registered User
Posts: 3649
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2005 8:26 pm
Location: NL
Contact:

Post by lefty74 » Sun Oct 22, 2006 5:35 pm

Hello, I still havent managed to get this working,
can anyone help please?
Many thanks in advance
lefty74
zoocrew.eu - help us save our wildlife
My MODS | Due to lack of time I unfortunately am unable to work on my mods anymore, anyone who has ideas to improve them and would like to take any of them over, please PM me.

Alexander George
Registered User
Posts: 174
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:42 pm
Location: Massachusetts, USA

Easymod installation problem

Post by Alexander George » Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:03 pm

When I installed this using easymod, I received the following critical error message:

Code: Select all

Critical Error

FIND FAILED: In file [privmsg.php] could not find:

VALUES (" . PRIVMSGS_NEW_MAIL

MOD script line #102 :: FAQ :: Report


Any ideas?

Thanks.

jellybelly
Registered User
Posts: 49
Joined: Sat May 26, 2007 9:03 am

Re: [2.0.18] Track PMs

Post by jellybelly » Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:15 pm

Hi, please can someone help me install this mod its what i ma looking for i have tried using easymod and get this error please can someone tell me what edits to make
Critical Error

FIND FAILED: In file [privmsg.php] could not find:

$s_hidden_fields .= '<input type="hidden" name="mode" value="' . $mode . '" />';
if ( $mode == 'edit' )

MOD script line #230 :: FAQ :: Report
many thanks

Post Reply

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”