Simple Subforums

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
61%
Very Good
18%
Good
11%
Fair
2%
Poor
8%

Total votes: 322

Digitalchaos

Post by Digitalchaos »

Szeronic wrote:
Szeronic wrote:
guylon wrote:Have you done this part?

Code: Select all

ALTER TABLE phpbb_forums ADD forum_parent INT NOT NULL DEFAULT '0';

Actaly, no.. I dont know how...

Can anyone help me..?

go to your PHP MY ADMIN and run the query from there
Szeronic

Post by Szeronic »

Digitalchaos wrote:
Szeronic wrote:
Szeronic wrote:
guylon wrote:Have you done this part?

ALTER TABLE phpbb_forums ADD forum_parent INT NOT NULL DEFAULT '0';

Actaly, no.. I dont know how...

Can anyone help me..?

go to your PHP MY ADMIN and run the query from there

I dont have it. where can I get it, and where should I upload it?
MHobbit
Former Team Member

Post by MHobbit »

phpMyAdmin is a web-based DB management tool. ;-) ... if you have it installed (your web hoster may already have it installed for you, as it is very popular), you will need to copy and paste the SQL query while on the SQL query page (click the SQL tab at the top). You may want to see this KB article. ;-)

Alternatively, if that doesn't work, you can always try creating a db_install.php script by using http://sql.phpmix.com.
Former phpBB MOD Team member
No private support is offered.
"There’s too many things to get done, and I’m running out of days..."
Szeronic

Post by Szeronic »

MennoniteHobbit wrote: phpMyAdmin is a web-based DB management tool. ;-) ... if you have it installed (your web hoster may already have it installed for you, as it is very popular), you will need to copy and paste the SQL query while on the SQL query page (click the SQL tab at the top). You may want to see this KB article. ;-)

Alternatively, if that doesn't work, you can always try creating a db_install.php script by using http://sql.phpmix.com.

I have a MyAdmin, but not phpmyadmin. and that page is blank. Should I install phpmyadmin then?
Digitalchaos

Post by Digitalchaos »

Digitalchaos wrote: I did......but everything seems to be fine! well I did exactly as the text file said! im using phpbb 2.0.17 jst for the record. maybe if somebody could tell me which file specifically I need to look at carefully, maybe i could find the problem!

Still noone has replied to my problem! please help........
coreissue

Post by coreissue »

My Admin was moving the forums up and down just fine until going to 2.0.19 on the old .4.

Now they will not move at all.

So, I put a vanilla board up and modded in again 1.0.1. I moved one test forum up once and down once. Then it froze and none will move.

There is a script problem with 2.0.19 somewhere that will not allow it to work with .4 or 1.01.

Any ideas?
D¡cky
Former Team Member
Name: Richard Foote

Post by D¡cky »

Digitalchaos wrote:
Digitalchaos wrote:I did......but everything seems to be fine! well I did exactly as the text file said! im using phpbb 2.0.17 jst for the record. maybe if somebody could tell me which file specifically I need to look at carefully, maybe i could find the problem!

Still noone has replied to my problem! please help........

Your problem is that the left admin panel is blank? I can't say exactly which file it is, but it is one of the files in the admin folder, either admin/admin_forumauth.php or admin/admin_forums.php. Either you have made an incorrect edit, or the file was uploaded in binary mode. Be sure to upload the files in ascii mode and double check, triple check the edits.
Have you hugged someone today?
Digitalchaos

Post by Digitalchaos »

didnt work.......changed transfer to ASCII mode, and reuploaded all files. but still same thing! I went through my codes like 5 times already! btw im using Morpheous template, could that be a reason?? but I really doubt it, coz I have alot of other mods installed and working perfectly!.
D¡cky
Former Team Member

Post by D¡cky »

Digitalchaos,
Your template is not the problem, but having a lot of other MODs could be the cause of the problem. There may be a function in Simple Subforums that has the same name as a function in another MOD or is conflicting with another function.

You can look through the files to see if you can spot a function that looks out of place. The only files you should have to worry about are the two files in the admin folder that Simple Subforums modified, admin/admin_forumauth.php or admin/admin_forums.php.

The other thing you can do is by process of elimination. Place the backup of the two files back into the admin folder and see if your nav panel comes back. Then you can add the edits one at time, go into the admin panel and see when you lose the nav panel.
Or you could start with your present files, remove the edits one at a time and see when the admin panel comes back.
KandelCK1

Post by KandelCK1 »

PTRACER wrote: Works great with 2.0.17 even though I have a load of other mods installed. Only problem I had was with functions_admin.php, where it said:

Find:

$sql = 'SELECT f.forum_id, f.forum_name
And I had it written as:

$sql = 'SELECT forum_id, forum_name
Also, it added "f.forum_parent" after and I could move, delete, split, or merge threads... 8O Removal of the 'f.' again solved my problem.

Is this the fault of another mod?

How exactly was this done to get the EM to recognize that it was changed? I try to change it and such but I just keep getting the same error. Help? Please?
D¡cky
Former Team Member

Post by D¡cky »

KandelCK1 wrote: How exactly was this done to get the EM to recognize that it was changed? I try to change it and such but I just keep getting the same error. Help? Please?

You have to open both the MOD install file and the file on your forum where the error occurs with a text editor.
Find the line(s) that the MOD should be looking for in your forum file and copy it(them).
Paste the correct line(s) into the MOD install file overwriting the incorrect line(s).
Save the MOD install file and run EasyMOD again.
groundfighter

Post by groundfighter »

Simply make the changes in the text file for the install in the phpbb/admins/mods/xxxx.txt I modify easymod all the time with this method.

Here is another trick, go to your easy mod control panel select the file you want to process but click preview instead, when all the files come up I click each view to see if there are no errors in the php files you will know if there is by the messages. If there are no errors in the php files I then allow it to process, with a custom template there is usually always a few small errors to manually fix in the tpl files but they are simple mods.
fpscops.com

Post by fpscops.com »

MalMen wrote: hi people
this is a very very cool mode, but i have a problem, this is my forum

Category 1
-Forum1
--SubForum1
--SubForum2
--SubForum3
-Forum2
--SubForum4
--SubForum5
--SubForum6
-Forum3
--SubForum7
--SubForum8
--SubForum9
-SubForum1
-SubForum2
-SubForum3
-SubForum4
-SubForum5
-SubForum6
-SubForum7
-SubForum8
-SubForum9

understud my problem?

I am install that mode
http://files.phpbbstyles.com/ca/subforu ... ms.004.zip

Im try istall manual, but is big :S

Im think the problem is on index.php or index_body.php, but i dont know

Anyone can help me?
Tanks :)

I have the same problem, anyone have a fix.

Im running 2.19 with newest version sub-forums 1.01

Here is an example. Everything works great im just getting duplicate categories on my forums index.

http://fpscops.com/forums.php

[edit]

Fixed! Missed a small bit of code.

#
#-----[ OPEN ]------------------------------------------
#
templates/subSilver/index_body.tpl

#
#-----[ FIND ]------------------------------------------
#
  <!-- BEGIN forumrow -->

#
#-----[ AFTER, ADD ]------------------------------------------
#
  <!-- IF ! forumrow.PARENT -->
[/edit]
tiku009900

have a problem plz help

Post by tiku009900 »

Parse error: parse error, unexpected $end in d:\program files\instantservers\miniportal\apache\htdocs\innovators\cache\tpl_imagize_red_x.index_body.php on line 210

this is the error i am getting plz help e out pz tell what should i do to correct it

i did some manual installation which was not done by easy mode
DrTofu

Post by DrTofu »

I've tried this mod... but it keeps giving be this error...
And Line 500 controls only the error message ^^;
Couldn't insert row in forums table

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1136 Column count doesn't match value count at row 1

INSERT INTO phpbb_forums (forum_id, forum_name, cat_id, forum_parent, forum_desc, forum_order, forum_status, forum_external, forum_redirect_url, forum_ext_newwin, forum_ext_image, prune_enable, auth_view, auth_read, auth_post, auth_reply, auth_edit, auth_delete, auth_sticky, auth_announce, auth_vote, auth_pollcreate) VALUES ('18', 'PC ed Internet', 1, 'Discussioni sul mondo della Tecnologia', 90, 0, 0, '', 0, '', 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 1, 3, 3, 1, 1)

Line : 500
File : admin_forums.php
"We tend to cling to images of people from when we knew them best, forgetting that they do change"

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”