Simple Subforums

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
61%
Very Good
18%
Good
11%
Fair
2%
Poor
8%

Total votes: 322

JCLIFF

Re: Wrong order

Post by JCLIFF »

Scriptmaster10 wrote: Hi there, I have two problems.

1) When viewing a topic inside a subforum it doesnt show the link to it in the nav tree:
Witherwings Forum Index -> Creative Writing

When really I am in

Witherwings Forum Index -> Creative Writing > Writing Class

2) When Im inside a forum and viewing topic list I get this:
Witherwings > Forum Index > Your Stories -> Creative Writing

when it should be:
Witherwings > Forum Index > Creative Writing > Your Stories

I have a similar issue with the navigation tree... When viewing a parent forum ("AFC"), I have no nav line, just a link to the parent forum itself ("AFC"). When viewing a subforum of that same parent, I have the appropriate nav line ("Index -> AFC » Steelers").

In what would be parent forums, where there are no subforums, the nav line shows the current forum as well as the index ("Index » Forum").

How can I get that same navigation line to apprear in parent forums where there are subforums present?
JCLIFF

Post by JCLIFF »

The Forum Icon MOD author indicates he's not supporting that mod to work with sub-forum mods. Anyone here have a solution for Simple Subforums to work with "Forum Icon with ACP MOD" (or something similar)?

I have no forum icons on my index page, but in the admin/forum management, the parent forums display their icons and the subforums don't (which is what I'd expect).

I get forum icons displayed on all forums with {FORUM_ICON_IMG}, but when I tried substituting that for the code on index.php, it still displays nothing.

Any suggestions for the index page to display parent forum icons?
YayGames

Post by YayGames »

THANKS SO MUCH DICKY!!! It finally works!!! Thanks a ton for your time!!!!

~YayGames
D¡cky
Former Team Member
Name: Richard Foote

Post by D¡cky »

JCLIFF wrote:
Scriptmaster10 wrote:Hi there, I have two problems.

1) When viewing a topic inside a subforum it doesnt show the link to it in the nav tree:
Witherwings Forum Index -> Creative Writing

When really I am in

Witherwings Forum Index -> Creative Writing > Writing Class

2) When Im inside a forum and viewing topic list I get this:
Witherwings > Forum Index > Your Stories -> Creative Writing

when it should be:
Witherwings > Forum Index > Creative Writing > Your Stories

I have a similar issue with the navigation tree... When viewing a parent forum ("AFC"), I have no nav line, just a link to the parent forum itself ("AFC"). When viewing a subforum of that same parent, I have the appropriate nav line ("Index -> AFC » Steelers").

In what would be parent forums, where there are no subforums, the nav line shows the current forum as well as the index ("Index » Forum").

How can I get that same navigation line to apprear in parent forums where there are subforums present?

I am going to say to both of you, that there is a problem with your installation, because the nav links work fine on my board. I am going to guess that the problem is in your tpl files, either viewforum_body.tpl or viewtopic_body.tpl, depending on where the nav links are not showing correctly. I suggest that you go through the edits again very carefully n these two files to be sure the edits are done correctly.

When viewing a parent forum, whether there are subforums or not, the nav link is:
Forum Name Forum Index -> Parent Forum name

When viewing a subforum, the nav link is:
Forum Name Forum Index -> Parent Forum name -> Subforum name
Have you hugged someone today?
slicer1

Post by slicer1 »

Hi
I have an phpbb2 forum but it has 4000 message and a lot of topics and categories in it.
How can I add sub-forum mod (and which one) without break down the database?
IPB_Refugee
Name: Wolfgang Weber

Post by IPB_Refugee »

Hello slicer1,

please use the latest version of the mod - you can find it in the first posting of this thread. And don´t forget to install the eXtreme Styles mod. (That is very easy to do.)
This MOD requires the eXtreme Styles MOD.
You *must* install the eXtreme Styles MOD which is available at these locations:
http://www.phpbbstyles.com/viewtopic.php?t=356
http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=125251

Don´t worry about your data base. The Simple Subforums mod alters only one table:

Code: Select all

ALTER TABLE phpbb_forums ADD forum_parent INT NOT NULL DEFAULT '0';
Therefore you should not have any problem with your data base.

Good luck!
IPB_Refugee
JCLIFF

Post by JCLIFF »

D¡cky wrote: I am going to say to both of you, that there is a problem with your installation, because the nav links work fine on my board. I am going to guess that the problem is in your tpl files, either viewforum_body.tpl or viewtopic_body.tpl, depending on where the nav links are not showing correctly. I suggest that you go through the edits again very carefully n these two files to be sure the edits are done correctly.

When viewing a parent forum, whether there are subforums or not, the nav link is:
Forum Name Forum Index -> Parent Forum name

When viewing a subforum, the nav link is:
Forum Name Forum Index -> Parent Forum name -> Subforum name

Thanks. I'm sure it's the same type of thing as my difficulty getting the install done in the first place, I had to re-mod a clean index.php and functions.php file -- with all of my mods and edits in the past, I'm sure going through line by line as you suggest will reveal the error.
kristara

Post by kristara »

kristara wrote: well, I am back to square one, although I was able to move the one category...it switched all my others around. Am curious, should I rename ALL of them in order of sequence for numbers?? Cuz now I have several out of order and they won't budge (as stated, they changed back to being dup forum_id's)

Also curious if this is simple subform question....I would like to put the link that would generally go in the overall_header to link to a category header. I am curious if I can change out the forum_id or something else to make this work. (i.e. either direct to {L_links} or links.php)
D¡cky
Former Team Member

Post by D¡cky »

kristara wrote: well, I am back to square one, although I was able to move the one category...it switched all my others around. Am curious, should I rename ALL of them in order of sequence for numbers?? Cuz now I have several out of order and they won't budge (as stated, they changed back to being dup forum_id's)

kristara,
Are you having a problem with moving categories or with moving forums? The fix I posted earlier is for the moving forums problem.

We are not concerned with forum_id's. What we are concerned with, is the forum_order value if you are having a problem with moving forums. If it is categories you are having a problem with, then we are concerned with cat_order which is in the categories table.
kristara

Post by kristara »

Dicky wrote: Are you having a problem with moving categories or with moving forums? The fix I posted earlier is for the moving forums problem.

more directly, subcategories. I stated the wrong thing before; I meant forum_order. I did what you said, and it changed them all back around; renaming many of the same number, and now my subforums moved themselves, and I cannot move them back.

Was my second question a simple subforum question or not? (someone told me that since I asked, and then also stated I had simple subforum mod-that I should ask it here)
http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.ph ... highlight=

I found this, if this helps you. CLICK HERE

Also, still having probs after all w/that admin index page: CLICK HERE

Thanks Dicky!
Kiss_me

Post by Kiss_me »

Hey everybody!

I want to know how to remove the things circled in red.

because as you can see it looks awfully messy with these.

Thanks x
New TV Forum 'Pure-TV-World' - Here
Bring It Back 'Old Tv Shows' - Here
Forum Angels 'Let The Angels Work Magic On Your Forum' - Here
Blick

Post by Blick »

Im not using subsilver.. so After huge amounts of editing my template pages, i get this:

'Do it yourself' instructions need to be executed by you manually, EasyMOD can not perform these actions
This MOD requires the eXtreme Styles MOD.
You *must* install the eXtreme Styles MOD which is available at these locations:
http://www.phpbbstyles.com/viewtopic.php?t=356
http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=125251

I have it installed, but how do i get the subforums to work?

then it says..

mplate->make_filename(): Error - template file not found: admin/mod_diy_body.tpl

Please, help me.
D¡cky
Former Team Member

Post by D¡cky »

kristara wrote:
Dicky wrote:Are you having a problem with moving categories or with moving forums? The fix I posted earlier is for the moving forums problem.

more directly, subcategories. I stated the wrong thing before; I meant forum_order. I did what you said, and it changed them all back around; renaming many of the same number, and now my subforums moved themselves, and I cannot move them back.
Are you sure that each forum within a category has a unique value? It helps to sort the phpbb_forums table by category id so you can see all the forums assigned to a category. You can sort by clicking on the column header. When assigning the forum_order values, assign them in increments of 10, starting with 10. Do the same with the forums in each category. If you feel you are doing this correctly, then let me see your admin/admin_forums.php.
kristara wrote: Was my second question a simple subforum question or not? (someone told me that since I asked, and then also stated I had simple subforum mod-that I should ask it here)
http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.ph ... highlight=

I found this, if this helps you. CLICK HERE

I am not sure what you are asking. Are you asking how to put a link in overall_header to go to a links page, or are you trying to make a forum into a link? Others have asked about making a forum a link, but a solution has not been found yet.
kristara wrote: Also, still having probs after all w/that admin index page: CLICK HERE

Thanks Dicky!

I looked before and found no problem, but I will look again.
StealthFox

Post by StealthFox »

I've been a bit flustered by the mod lately as I'm trying to set up some new subforums, but I no longer seem to have the option to do so since I've upgraded to phpBB 2.0.20. Old subforums still work as they should, but I can't seem to figure out how to Create a forum and set it as a subforum now. What file should I be looking at editing to solve this problem?
kristara

Post by kristara »

Dicky wrote: When assigning the forum_order values, assign them in increments of 10, starting with 10. Do the same with the forums in each category.

Yes, I did sort and do by increments of 10 (no set order). I do not know what you mean by Do the same w/the forums in each category. I am confused.

I was FINALLY able to move them after clicking like crazy? Did you see the index_body screenshot you just pasted w/the next topic? (CLICK HERE) I noticed today when i create a "Category" It does not show up in Permission List; but does in Permissions. Also, I cannot see it in the Forum Page. I am wondering if that screenshot I posted has something to do w/my errors.

As for the second question, yes, that's what I mean and ty.

As for the 3rd, I may need to go ask in XS Styles.

Thanks again for your help!

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”