Simple Subforums

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
61%
Very Good
18%
Good
11%
Fair
2%
Poor
8%

Total votes: 322

terabyte12

Re: Simple Subforums

Post by terabyte12 » Fri Jul 20, 2007 12:33 pm

Ok, the first issue has been resolved now. Now can someone help me with the second one?
The new topics I created did not show in the "posts" count on the main forum i.e. I posted some vacancies in the subforum "Engineering Jobs" but on my homepage it showed "no posts" under "jobs" which is the main forum. I expect it to count all the posts in the subforums? Please what is the problem?
Thanks.

D¡cky
Former Team Member
Name: Richard Foote

Post by D¡cky » Fri Jul 20, 2007 3:15 pm

terabyte12 wrote:Ok, the first issue has been resolved now. Now can someone help me with the second one?
The new topics I created did not show in the "posts" count on the main forum i.e. I posted some vacancies in the subforum "Engineering Jobs" but on my homepage it showed "no posts" under "jobs" which is the main forum. I expect it to count all the posts in the subforums? Please what is the problem?
Thanks.
Check your edits in index_body.tpl. You need to have TOTAL_POSTS and TOTAL_TOPICS.
Have you hugged someone today?

Xenon O

Post by Xenon O » Sat Jul 21, 2007 10:52 am

First of all, Hi.

I have got a problem with this mod. I installed it correctly, but when I make subforums, they appear twice. In the parent category and in the parent forum. What did I do wrong? Please help me" :?

terabyte12

Post by terabyte12 » Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:24 pm

D¡cky wrote:Check your edits in index_body.tpl. You need to have TOTAL_POSTS and TOTAL_TOPICS.
Hello, I've checked it and TOTAL_POSTS and TOTAL_TOPICS are there. What else could be the problem please? :cry:

D¡cky
Former Team Member

Post by D¡cky » Sat Jul 21, 2007 3:42 pm

terabyte12 wrote:
D¡cky wrote:Check your edits in index_body.tpl. You need to have TOTAL_POSTS and TOTAL_TOPICS.
Hello, I've checked it and TOTAL_POSTS and TOTAL_TOPICS are there. What else could be the problem please? :cry:
Then it has to be index.php is not edited correctly so that TOTAL_POSTS and TOTAL_TOPICS are not defined properly.

D¡cky
Former Team Member

Post by D¡cky » Sat Jul 21, 2007 3:46 pm

Xenon O wrote:First of all, Hi.

I have got a problem with this mod. I installed it correctly, but when I make subforums, they appear twice. In the parent category and in the parent forum. What did I do wrong? Please help me" :?
Do you mean on the index page? Did you install eXtremem Styles?

Xenon O

Post by Xenon O » Sun Jul 22, 2007 11:56 am

Problem is solved. I had to overwrite includes/templates.php, but my FTP-Program didn't overwrite it! Thanks for your help, anyway.

Tortiebaby

Post by Tortiebaby » Sun Jul 22, 2007 6:39 pm

I just installed the simple subforums 1.0.2 mod and now I am running into a "parse error" in the menu box of my administration panel. :(

The parse error says:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected '.', expecting ')' in /home/content/t/o/r/tortiebaby/html/phpbb/admin/admin_forums.php on line 412

I checked out line 412 of admin_forums.php and here's what it was:

'L_CATEGORY' => $lang['Category'], . ' / ' . $lang['Forum']

Can someone please point out to me what's wrong and how I can fix it. Thanks.

quahappy
Former Team Member
Name: Andy Green

Post by quahappy » Sun Jul 22, 2007 7:06 pm

Tortiebaby wrote:I just installed the simple subforums 1.0.2 mod and now I am running into a "parse error" in the menu box of my administration panel. :(

The parse error says:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected '.', expecting ')' in /home/content/t/o/r/tortiebaby/html/phpbb/admin/admin_forums.php on line 412

I checked out line 412 of admin_forums.php and here's what it was:

'L_CATEGORY' => $lang['Category'], . ' / ' . $lang['Forum']

Can someone please point out to me what's wrong and how I can fix it. Thanks.
The comma is in the wrong place. This is the correct one:

Code: Select all

'L_CATEGORY' => $lang['Category'] . ' / ' . $lang['Forum'], 
If you look at the other lines in between where the above goes, they all end in ","

Hope that helps. ;)
If you don't ask.....

Tortiebaby

Post by Tortiebaby » Sun Jul 22, 2007 7:28 pm

Thanks! that did the trick. Now everything is running smoothly. ;)

orij1nal

Post by orij1nal » Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:25 am

I installed simple forums perfectly with easy mod but when I checked my index my forum was messed up

This is probably the reason why but don't know whats wrong :/

Code: Select all

#-----[ FIND ]------------------------------------------
#
<span class="gensmall">{catrow.forumrow.L_MODERATOR} {catrow.forumrow.MODERATORS}</span>
               </td>
            </tr>
         </table>
      </td>
        <td class="row2" align="center" valign="middle" height="50"><span class="gensmall">{catrow.forumrow.TOPICS}</span></td>
        <td class="row2" align="center" valign="middle" height="50"><span class="gensmall">{catrow.forumrow.POSTS}</span></td>

#
#-----[ REPLACE WITH ]------------------------------------------
#
<!-- IF catrow.forumrow.MODERATORS --><span class="gensmall">{catrow.forumrow.L_MODERATOR} {catrow.forumrow.MODERATORS}<br /></span><!-- ENDIF -->
	  <!-- BEGIN sub --><!-- DEFINE $HAS_SUB = 1 --><!-- IF catrow.forumrow.sub.NUM > 0 -->, <!-- ELSE --><span class="genmed">{L_SUBFORUMS}: <!-- ENDIF -->{catrow.forumrow.sub.LAST_POST_SUB} <a href="{catrow.forumrow.sub.U_VIEWFORUM}" <!-- IF catrow.forumrow.sub.UNREAD -->class="topic-new"<!-- ENDIF --> title="{catrow.forumrow.sub.FORUM_DESC_HTML}">{catrow.forumrow.sub.FORUM_NAME}</a><!-- END sub -->
	  <!-- IF $HAS_SUB --></span><!-- UNDEFINE $HAS_SUB --><!-- ENDIF -->
	</td>
	<td class="row2" align="center" valign="middle" height="50"><span class="gensmall">{catrow.forumrow.TOTAL_TOPICS}</span></td>
	<td class="row2" align="center" valign="middle" height="50"><span class="gensmall">{catrow.forumrow.TOTAL_POSTS}</span></td>
well you can take a look at my forum here wwww.hkmediaonline.com/forum

angelxwings24

Post by angelxwings24 » Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:47 pm

x_o I installed this mod with easymod and yesterday I think I messed something up. I can still set forums as subforums but at the forum index they just appear as normal forums. :cry: Does anyone know how I can fix this?

bonelifer
Community Team Member
Community Team Member
Name: William

Post by bonelifer » Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:42 pm

Are you sure you installed the required eXtreme Styles mod?
Knowledge Base | phpBB Board Rules | Search Customisation Database
Please don't contact me via PM or email for phpBB support .

angelxwings24

Post by angelxwings24 » Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:53 am

Yeah. It worked fine before but then I think I messed something up. =/
And I used easymod to install it...so I don't really know exactly how to make the changes to uninstall it.

shaykana

Post by shaykana » Thu Jul 26, 2007 2:56 am

angelxwings24 wrote:Yeah. It worked fine before but then I think I messed something up. =/
And I used easymod to install it...so I don't really know exactly how to make the changes to uninstall it.
Easymod has a restore backups feature. When you install with Easymod it creates a set of backups for every file it changes. Just go into Easymod under history.

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”