Simple Subforums

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
61%
Very Good
18%
Good
11%
Fair
2%
Poor
8%

Total votes: 322

D¡cky
Former Team Member
Name: Richard Foote

Re: Simple Subforums

Post by D¡cky » Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:03 pm

Hinotori wrote:I don't think it is a tpl problem, since the button appears in any condition, except the one I've listed.
Why would you think it is not a tpl problem?

With the unmodified subSilver template in viewforum, there is a New post button at the top of the topic list and one at the bottom of the topic list. The Simple Subforums MOD inserts the subforums between the upper New Post button and the topic list. It does not touch the code at all for the display of the upper New Post button. If the upper New Post button now displays only under certain circumstances, then you have somehow changed the code that displays the New Post button. You have probably got it wrapped inside an if statement that controls the display of the main forum topics.
Have you hugged someone today?

Apolloneos

Post by Apolloneos » Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:15 pm

Apolloneos wrote:I have installed the Simple Subforums mod and works fine. But, i use the Today-Yesterday Mod 1.0.2a and i saw that on subforums it doesn't work. What can i do, to make it work on subforums?
Any help :?:

perpetuallove

Post by perpetuallove » Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:21 pm

ok i had several problems installing this MOD....... i finally got it down to only ONE error! WOOHOO lol.... so im making SOME progress, but now this is the error it is showing me:
_______
Critical Error

FIND FAILED: In file [index.php] could not find:

while ($row = $db->sql_fetchrow($result))
{
$category_rows[] = $row;
}
$db->sql_freeresult($result);

MOD script line #1111
______

Any suggestions on what to do ? i did install the Xstyles Mod- or whatnot, but its having some problems as well..... its showing up partially but says its still not processed, yet some of its features are working.....hmmmm???

Help!

Xclavo

Post by Xclavo » Sat Nov 03, 2007 11:48 pm

Do it manually, This is an easy install. easyMOD takes the simple and only makes things more complicated then it has to be for new users.
Download notepad ++ .. it helps you find the numberd lines, line by line which is very helpful.
http://notepad-plus.sourceforge.net/uk/site.htm

rebell1607

Post by rebell1607 » Sun Nov 04, 2007 11:46 am

Hello! I have a little problem with simple subforums. I've just installed it and it works fine until i'm trying to open a forum... it says that my viewforum.php is broken :

Code: Select all

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in E:\xampp\htdocs\forum3\viewforum.php on line 1025
I have re-installed the part of subforums for viewforum.php and still same problem! I
Please help me! :)

PS : That 1025 line is my last line... it's just :

?>
//Edit : Now I'm almost sure that there problem is in viewforum, cause I have replace every modified file and retry, and I got the same problem until I replace this viewforum.php .
After I replace my viewforum with the old one I got no error but I can't see the subforum(s)...
Please help!

rebell1607

Post by rebell1607 » Sun Nov 04, 2007 12:41 pm

Sorry for double posting!!

It works just fine without this step :

#-----[ FIND ]------------------------------------------
#
				setcookie($board_config['cookie_name'] . '_f', serialize($tracking_forums), 0, $board_config['cookie_path'], $board_config['cookie_domain'], $board_config['cookie_secure']);

#
#-----[ REPLACE WITH ]------------------------------------------
#

// Begin Simple Subforums MOD
				$set_cookie = true;
				if( isset($HTTP_COOKIE_VARS[$board_config['cookie_name'] . '_f']) )
				{
					$HTTP_COOKIE_VARS[$board_config['cookie_name'] . '_f'] = serialize($tracking_forums);
				}
				// End Simple Subforums MOD

#
Any suggestions ? :)

KazMack

Post by KazMack » Sun Nov 04, 2007 1:03 pm

have install the mod fine.. only some forums show up on the index page....then others won't. It's not a huge big deal but it is a bit annoying.
Any ideas?

edit - actually ive noticed the subforums disapear from the forum administrator page and you can't edit them....and some totally disapear from forum... yet when you search you can find them.

KazMack

Post by KazMack » Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:40 pm

okay so there is a huge bug with this or ive made a mistake somewhere... as soon as you edit a forum you have already created that's when it will disapear from the page... with no way of getting it back.

My admin forum page has also went and stopped displaying any information now.

Help?

perpetuallove

Post by perpetuallove » Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:33 am

Xclavo wrote:Do it manually, This is an easy install. easyMOD takes the simple and only makes things more complicated then it has to be for new users.
Download notepad ++ .. it helps you find the numberd lines, line by line which is very helpful.
http://notepad-plus.sourceforge.net/uk/site.htm
were you referring to me?
I just have a simple question. I am no longer going to use easy mod. (is it necessary for this- from previous posts it doesnt appear to be)

I am trying to install the Xtreme mod but cant find where to put it! ugh! Also once i do have that installed, where do i install this one? do i make a mods folder in the admin section of the root folder i have installed phpbb in?

a apologize if this has already been asked- i looked thru several pages and searched for this but did not find it

dellsystem
Former Team Member
Name: Wendy

Post by dellsystem » Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:41 am

Here's a tutorial on how to install a MOD: http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=61611

The Extreme Styles one is quite easy, I seem to remember it being a few simple uploads only. (note that it's not usually just drag n drop; simple subforums involves many file edits).
Former moderator and website team member | My MODs, and more (GitHub)

perpetuallove

Post by perpetuallove » Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:00 am

Ha yes i am seeing that the simple subforums requires many edits. this is making me nervous cuz if it doesnt work i dont know where i messed up at! hmm.... is there someone we can pay or something to do this for us? lmao....... :lol: man i really give you all props that have the patience to take the time to do all these edits! i am abt half way done and already loosing patience..... :cry: is this the only mod for sub forums? i only need subforums in one section cuz i will have states in one and countries in the other- i dont know if its worth this trouble ??

Thank you for the link. I will go look there ..... you guys (and gals) are great! i love the support system here!

Lunaped

Post by Lunaped » Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:46 am

Hey all! I have already posted this on their support site, although I'm unsure of how quickly they might answer so I'm posting it in here as well.

I'm trying to update fro 1.0.2 to 1.0.1 and right now, it's trying to find

$forum_list = '';
in the includes/functions_admin.php file. I looked for it myself and it is there.

I'm installing it through easyMod (I have too a lot of themes so this is easier for me than to go through all of them) but it can't find it for some reason when I know it's there. What's wrong, because I'm at a lost here. Is it easyMOd or is there something funky with the code? I'm unsure atm... >.<

moodi

Post by moodi » Mon Nov 05, 2007 12:14 pm

how to install Simple Subforums hellp me sir

Raimon
Former Team Member
Name: Raimon Meuldijk

Post by Raimon » Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:34 pm

moodi wrote:how to install Simple Subforums hellp me sir
To read the article ; Knowledge Base - How to Install MODs :)
Need phpBB installation, extenstions, Styles or integrate phpBB with you website?
Contact me for fair prices and good service!

Freitag

Post by Freitag » Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:51 pm

perpetuallove wrote: I just have a simple question. I am no longer going to use easy mod. (is it necessary for this- from previous posts it doesnt appear to be)
Can't imagine why....

anyhow, there is a file that is named .txt or .mod and has the name of the MOD you are trying to install.

Get a copy of that handy on your desktop open in your favorite file reader (it is a text file so it will open in just about anything!) and follow the instructions.

Although that file is formatted for the easyMOD program to read, the instructions are straight forward. Sometimes you may have to do some pretty detailed reading to tell one long string of characters apart from another, but the instructions are there.

In short they say "open file X", "find some text", "change it to this other text" -or- "insert this other text before/after"

It's a pain, but if you are careful and do not rush you can do it by hand. Make sure to allow plenty of time for the task in case there are many instruction.

Keep a backup of all the origianl files before you change them.

One final type of change is that it may tell you to run some SQL to change your tables or add/remove data. Read through the instructions before you begin and make sure that you know how to make those SQL changes before you start with the file changes. Most web hosts will give you access to a SQL tool (usually phpMyAdmin) and backup/restore in case you say "Oops".

Good luck.
No clever .sig here

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”