Simple Subforums

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
61%
Very Good
18%
Good
11%
Fair
2%
Poor
8%

Total votes: 322

pentapenguin
Former Team Member

Post by pentapenguin »

realix wrote: is this mod EM compatible?
my forum is very dependable on EM now as i do not wan to change the default scripts of the phpbb.

It should be compatible.

GameZ wrote: but i still cant see the subforum menu on Forum Management,,,,

Can you take a screenshot of that screen so I can see what it looks like?
You did make the updates to admin/admin_fourms.php right?
Support Resources: Support Request Template
If you need professional assistance with your board, please contact me for my reasonable rates.

pentapenguin
Former Team Member

Post by pentapenguin »

Xyphos wrote: For those who want/need an EasyMOD mod for use with the AcidTech template, enjoy.

to use, you must first install the origanal version of simple subforums to your subSilver template.
then copy AcidTech's directory to your templates directory AND to your admin\mods\easymod\templates directory. (overwrite files is safe to do if asked)
run it through easymod and enjoy.

BUG NOTE: *bug fixed*

(mmm subforums on AcidTech is wicked secksie)
[snip]

Hi.
Do you have subforums images for this?
Thanks! :)
If you need professional assistance with your board, please contact me for my reasonable rates.

FudgeBalls2002

Post by FudgeBalls2002 »

I'm having a problem with the folder_big.gif, folder_new_big.gif, and folder_locked_big.gif images. For example, the dimensions should be 23 by 23 but when displayed on the subforum, its changed to 46 x 25.
http://tomosmopeds.org/viewforum.php?f=16 That is the wrong folder image dimensions and http://tomosmopeds.org/ is the correct dimensions. What should I do? I don't want to change the image because it will widen it on the index and that's something I don't want to do. If there is a way to make new images that are wider and link the subforums to that, that's probably the best thing to do.

realix

Post by realix »

i've tried looking into those errors in the {brace} but i keep getting this kinda error:

Code: Select all

Critical Error

FIND FAILED: In file [templates/subSilver/viewforum_body.tpl] could not find:

<td align="left" valign="middle" class="nav" width="100%"><span class="nav">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<a href="{U_INDEX}" class="nav">{L_INDEX}</a>

MOD script line #953 :: FAQ :: Report
anyone help?

FudgeBalls2002

Post by FudgeBalls2002 »

nvm, I just had to change the dimensions in the viewforumbody file
thanks

FudgeBalls2002

Post by FudgeBalls2002 »

One more problem. I have the subforums installed correctly but do not want their names visible on the index page. I got rid of that but the space for them is still there under the moderators listing. How do I get rid of that extra line?

Raistillian

Post by Raistillian »

If you installed this with EM, can you uninstall it and then use EM to install it again, but this time to new styles you have added?

realix

Post by realix »

ive installed the premodded one on my forum with aphrodite.
ive everything up and errorless as well but i dont see anyway to add subforums.
go to your admin admin panel->Forum Admin->Management. From there, click on the "Edit" link next to a forum, and select the parent (main) forum from the "Category / Forum" dropdown box.

where do i see the subbed forum and am i able to change the name of the sub forum?

pentapenguin
Former Team Member

Post by pentapenguin »

FudgeBalls2002 wrote: One more problem. I have the subforums installed correctly but do not want their names visible on the index page. I got rid of that but the space for them is still there under the moderators listing. How do I get rid of that extra line?

Find this in index_body.tpl

<span class="genmed">{catrow.forumrow.FORUM_DESC}<br />
Replace with:

<span class="genmed">{catrow.forumrow.FORUM_DESC}</span>

pentapenguin
Former Team Member

Post by pentapenguin »

realix wrote: i've tried looking into those errors in the {brace} but i keep getting this kinda error:

Critical Error

FIND FAILED: In file [templates/subSilver/viewforum_body.tpl] could not find:

<td align="left" valign="middle" class="nav" width="100%"><span class="nav">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<a href="{U_INDEX}" class="nav">{L_INDEX}</a>

MOD script line #953 :: FAQ :: Report
anyone help?

You'll need to change viewforum_body.tpl manually by hand then.
Look for the template variables like {U_INDEX} and {L_INDEX}

realix wrote: ive installed the premodded one on my forum with aphrodite.
ive everything up and errorless as well but i dont see anyway to add subforums.
Quote:

go to your admin admin panel->Forum Admin->Management. From there, click on the "Edit" link next to a forum, and select the parent (main) forum from the "Category / Forum" dropdown box.

where do i see the subbed forum and am i able to change the name of the sub forum?

Where did you get a preMODdded version?
I can only support the version that is downloadable here.

pentapenguin
Former Team Member

Post by pentapenguin »

Raistillian wrote: If you installed this with EM, can you uninstall it and then use EM to install it again, but this time to new styles you have added?

No, don't do that.
Just change other templates manually.

TerraFrost
Former Team Member

Post by TerraFrost »

MOD Updated to version 1.0.1
See first post for Download Link

pentapenguin
Former Team Member

Post by pentapenguin »

Please upgrade ASAP to 1.0.1!!! :!: :!: :!:
See this for more details: http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.ph ... 84#1856284
This update fixes a security hole.
Thank you.

kulinar

Post by kulinar »

pentapenguin wrote: Please upgrade ASAP to 1.0.1!!! :!: :!: :!:
Those who upgraded from 0.0.4 to 1.0.0 don't need to make any file changes. They just have to replace old xs_simple_subforums.cfg with new one.

l1ake

Post by l1ake »

when I install this in the Avalanche style, when I go into the subforum, it shows the subforum as a forum with its subforums under it. Where as with the subSilver skin, you only see the subforums, not the subforums and the forum the subforums are in. Any ideas why this might be?

I found that if I put the subforum code before the regular forum code rather than after, the subforum disappears...

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”