Simple Subforums

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
61%
Very Good
18%
Good
11%
Fair
2%
Poor
8%

Total votes: 322

debragrant

Re: Simple Subforums

Post by debragrant »

Code: Select all

Critical Error

FIND FAILED: In file [templates/subSilver/admin/forum_admin_body.tpl] could not find:

<td class="row2"><span class="gen"><a href="{catrow.forumrow.U_VIEWFORUM}" 

MOD script line #781 :: FAQ :: Report 

Do I need to do the whole DIY instructions even with easy mod?

EDIT: I have given up on using this forum for my site and gone back to SMF though both are giving me problems
Last edited by debragrant on Tue Apr 10, 2007 7:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shibby_

Post by Shibby_ »

Hello

I need some support with my Simple subforums mod. I've installed several mods and another style (Saphic). The mod isn't working very great.
There's something wrong with the navigation and the counters. Can someone help me? Please PM!
You can view my forum @ www.liveset-base.net/index.php

Kind regards
Shibby.
crashfirephoenix

Post by crashfirephoenix »

Ok this is going to be a n00b question so excuse my idiocy but this is my first time installing mods on phpbb lol

I am installing this with Easy MOD but every time I do it gives me this error:

Critical Error

FIND FAILED: In file [index.php] could not find:

while( $category_rows[] = $db->sql_fetchrow($result) );
$db->sql_freeresult($result);

MOD script line #1101
it said everything else was processed correctly..so what do I do to fix that problem?

thanks in advance
Freitag

Post by Freitag »

crashfirephoenix wrote: Ok this is going to be a n00b question so excuse my idiocy but this is my first time installing mods on phpbb lol

I am installing this with Easy MOD but every time I do it gives me this error:

Critical Error

FIND FAILED: In file [index.php] could not find:

while( $category_rows[] = $db->sql_fetchrow($result) );
$db->sql_freeresult($result);

MOD script line #1101
it said everything else was processed correctly..so what do I do to fix that problem?

thanks in advance

There is probably some other MOD that you have installed that has changed the line very subtly from what was expected. If you can look in that file and see if you can find manually find some portion of that (look for each instance of "while" in there) and then edit the MOD file to look more like what you actually have.

It MIGHT be the one near (the index.php to which I have access may be different than yours!) line number 122.

I may be simpler to make that MOD by hand and then to remove that change from the MOD file and reprocess with EasyMOD after that.

Good luck!
No clever .sig here
vansyle

Post by vansyle »

Hi everybody.
Why can i not download this Mod? usually notice error?
Freitag

Post by Freitag »

vansyle wrote: Hi everybody.
Why can i not download this Mod? usually notice error?

Look at the thing that says IMPORTANT at the top of every page in the MOD forums.
No clever .sig here
zacharygerald

Post by zacharygerald »

Hello,

I recently installed the Simple Subforums mod and the eXtreme Styles mod to my forum. I created a subforum and it worked for about a minute, then when i reloaded the page, i got this error:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected $ in /usr/local/pem/vhosts/58045/webspace/httpdocs/forum/cache/tpl_Minimalistic.index_body.php on line 246
I didn't really know what it meant, but there isn't a $ on line 246 of that file. I tried deleting the file and reloading the page, but i got the same error.

I went into the eXtreme Styles mod and turned off all of the cache options, thinking that might have something to do with it, but i got this error when i loaded the page:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected $ in /usr/local/pem/vhosts/58045/webspace/httpdocs/forum/includes/template.php(929) : eval()'d code on line 243
I've searched through the forums for a while and haven't found anybody with this same problem. I hope someone can help!

Everything works except the Forum doesnt show up, so i can still access profiles, messages, etc.

http://www.brumbling.net/forum

Thank you,
Zak

EDIT: I should also mention, i attempted to move posts to my new subforum just before I got this error.

EDIT2: I can access individual forums as well (http://www.brumbling.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=1), only the index of the forums is messed up. Also, when i change the template, i can see everything, except individual posts, but i think that is because i have quick reply mod on only the one template.
galtz

Post by galtz »

Hey yall..

I have a problem with this scrip and usaly i can fix those problems myself.. But in this case i dont understand a thing..

Problem is, that everything is working fine about subforum.. But problem is that, that subforum i made, it shows it under that mainforum... hmmm.. cant explain it in English, made a pic.

It is in Estonian, but you can see the problem.. Is it in template süstem or in includes?
Freitag

Post by Freitag »

galtz wrote: Hey yall..

I have a problem with this scrip and usaly i can fix those problems myself.. But in this case i dont understand a thing..

Problem is, that everything is working fine about subforum.. But problem is that, that subforum i made, it shows it under that mainforum... hmmm.. cant explain it in English, made a pic.

It is in Estonian, but you can see the problem.. Is it in template süstem or in includes?

I think that you missed an edit in index.php

There is a change that removes the sub-forum from the main list.
No clever .sig here
galtz

Post by galtz »

Yes thanks, i was wondering the same thing..But i but my mind on template part, so I'll check it out right away.
galtz

Post by galtz »

Nop, not in index.php. Did everything right, but still the same problem..
IVIilkman

Post by IVIilkman »

I installed this Mod This Morning and it Seems to be Working Fine But I believe I Messed Something up along the way.

The Names of the Threads are Now Showing as the Number of Topics under that Forum anyone have any Advice as to how I can Fix This or how I might have Messed this up. I'm Still Very New to this So I'm sure I did Somthng stupid.
libralion

Post by libralion »

Hello all,
I have installed the Xtreme styles Mod and after that with Easymod I installed the Simple Subforums mod. That went all very smoothly.
But I discovered that some things are not working ok. I see the subforum now also on the mainpage.
I managed to get that away, but then the mainpage doesnot show any topics and there are because there is a subforum with topics on the other page. It seems that every time I try to edit a file another problem is turning up.
Which of the 20 files of this mod do I have to edit to get it all right?
For an example of how it is now, go here:
http://tina-turner.nl/phpBB2/index.php

Johanna
libralion

Post by libralion »

Hi all,
Yesterday and today I checked all the 20 files that you are supposed to edit for this mod.
I only found some minor faults in the admin/admin_forums.php
All the other files were ok as far I could see, but still I have the subforum on my mainpage.
What is wrong and what can I do to change it?
The mods I have installed are:
-Easymod
-Xtreme Styles Mod
-Anti -Spam ACP Mod
-Proxyrevealer Mod
My forum is at:
http://tina-turner.nl/phpBB2/index.php

Johanna 8O
cwallace

Post by cwallace »

I am getting this error:

PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_IF in /home/fortwaynemusic/public_html/boards/index.php on line 512

and then the main page is blank. I have put my old index.php in place and the site works, but of course no MOD..:)

Could someone possibly tell me what is causing this? The error points to a line that is a diret copy and paste from the instructions provided for install.

Thanks,
Chris
http://www.FortWayneMusic.com - Your source for the best in local music and entertainment.

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”