Simple Subforums

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
61%
Very Good
18%
Good
11%
Fair
2%
Poor
8%

Total votes: 322

kulinar

Post by kulinar »

After update from 0.0.4 to 1.0.0 I got this error:
http://euroconsult.biz/images/subforumsbug.JPG
and XHTML 1.0 Transitional validation fails. With older version it was OK.

Moderator Edit: [url]'ified the [img]...
Rep

Post by Rep »

Hello

I am running phpBB 2.0.17.

In early to mid October I D/L'ed 1.0.0.RC1.

I have all the files modded and uploaded. I did have some difficulty with a file and it is fixed. I get no error messages.

Yet, the mod is not working. I can use the drop down box to attach a proposed subforum to a proposed parent forum. The gif on th eindex page adds a, "+" to itself. But, the proposed subforum does not move over to the proposed parent forum.

My question:

1) Should I give up on that version and upgrade to 2.0.18 and then mod the new RC2 version of simple subforums?

I would rather fix what I have, then update to 2.0.18 after I get simple subforums to work.

Any suggestions is appreciated.
gamehardy

Post by gamehardy »

gamehardy wrote: can sum1 help me out with setting this up to another theme appart from subsilver :cry:

pls :roll:
Gothik

sql error

Post by Gothik »

When i process

Code: Select all

ALTER TABLE phpbb_forums ADD forum_parent INT NOT NULL DEFAULT '0';
Phpmyadmin throws this error at me

Code: Select all

#7 - Error on rename of '.\liquid\phpbb_forums.MYI' to '.\liquid\#sql2-1154-1f5.MYI' (Errcode: 13)
Well fixed my problem i didnt have the table created i used easymod to i nstall it and thought it would have created the table.
MHobbit
Former Team Member

Post by MHobbit »

Gothik: You won't be able to use the MOD without that DB change, so don't think you can just skip it... contact your host to see if you have permissions for the ALTER command, and/or if the SQL server is fully up.

gamehardy: As with any other MODs, you'll really have to apply the template changes manually. Just do the changes like you normally would for subSilver, except for the template you want. The lines and code won't be exact, so look for specific things like the template variables (ie {T_VAR}).

kulinar: The XHTML bit isn't really a bug, though. :wink: Still worth noting though.
Former phpBB MOD Team member
No private support is offered.
"There’s too many things to get done, and I’m running out of days..."
CoRuP7ioN

Post by CoRuP7ioN »

EDIT: crap sorry for double posting
Last edited by CoRuP7ioN on Thu Nov 17, 2005 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
maddog1221

Post by maddog1221 »

Thanks for the awesome MOD! been after subforums :P lol
CoRuP7ioN

Post by CoRuP7ioN »

Help...

http://pastebin.com/432579
CoRuP7ioN wrote: wait.. I dont exactly understand what you mean about the replacing thing...

Secondly.. i didnt make a backup, (stupidity) and I need to know where I made errors, so i can fix them.. Because the only other way is using the original template file, which probably will screw up other mods i have installed.

EDIT: i found the backup, and its all working agian, But I do need to get this mod installed correctly, so could you point out all the errors i made? I have to do it manually, and im not good at it.. -_-

I installed it with easymod, and it had 3-4 warnings, that i had to manually fix.. but i didnt really fix them.. did i?

Another thing, is theres no configuration for this mod in the admin panel. Perhaps thats another installation error? what do i have to to do get that to work also? (what files do i have to edit)

Thanks so much for your support!!!!

Moderator Edit: PasteBin.com'ified... please don't post whole code segments like that again, kthxbai
youngwun0

Post by youngwun0 »

Great Job man i just installed it with my acid tech template and it looks cool! Very easy and simple i'm a begginer it took me about 2 hours to install by hand but thats because i look too hard :D

I'll keep you posted if i find any errors in the long run
Rep

Post by Rep »

Rep wrote: Hello

I am running phpBB 2.0.17.

In early to mid October I D/L'ed 1.0.0.RC1.

I have all the files modded and uploaded. I did have some difficulty with a file and it is fixed. I get no error messages.

Yet, the mod is not working. I can use the drop down box to attach a proposed subforum to a proposed parent forum. The gif on th eindex page adds a, "+" to itself. But, the proposed subforum does not move over to the proposed parent forum.

My question:

1) Should I give up on that version and upgrade to 2.0.18 and then mod the new RC2 version of simple subforums?

I would rather fix what I have, then update to 2.0.18 after I get simple subforums to work.

Any suggestions is appreciated.

Looks like things have settled down a bit, so...maybe I can bump this up a bit.
Thanks.
Jaddon

Post by Jaddon »

I installed this mod with em with no problems but I can't figure out how to make the sub forums? There is nothing new in admin or in the forum Management there is nothing new. I am not getting any errors on my forum just can't figure out how to get the subs to work.

Can someone please help me? Thanks for your help!
AuReUs ReCtoR

Post by AuReUs ReCtoR »

hi guys ...

girst to say, this mod is great ...

but, i have one question ...

forums which not have subforum, they don`t have description..
why and how to fix that?

tnx.

if u want to see: www.aureus-rector.net/forum
u may use test account:
test:test321

cheers

p.s: sorry for bad English :(
fpscops.com

Post by fpscops.com »

This mod is nice. Just installed it on my test forum last night. For your description error, you might want to check to see if you made all the correct edits. I haven't found any problems yet.

As you can see the description works fine.

http://12.202.188.145/phpBB2/index.php? ... c6859a8e40
DS9PeaceKeeper

Post by DS9PeaceKeeper »

I'm using EasyMod to install this, its coming up with this error:

FIND FAILED: In file [templates/subSilver/index_body.tpl] could not find:

<!-- BEGIN forumrow -->

I'm a complete noob at this, can someone help me please?
Jaddon

Post by Jaddon »

DS9PeaceKeeper wrote: I'm using EasyMod to install this, its coming up with this error:

FIND FAILED: In file [templates/subSilver/index_body.tpl] could not find:

<!-- BEGIN forumrow -->

I'm a complete noob at this, can someone help me please?

I can help you with that - this happens often - when you have other mods already installed, open your index_body.tpl file and find <!-- BEGIN forumrow --> you may notice that in your file it might be a little different and that is why em is not finding it. What you need to do is, copy the code the way it is in your file and paste it to the install txt file, to replace the above code to the code that is in your file, then save and upload to em. Go back to em and try installing again. :)

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”