Simple Subforums

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
61%
Very Good
18%
Good
11%
Fair
2%
Poor
8%

Total votes: 322

babydoll2u

Post by babydoll2u »

oo1985 wrote: So I installed this mod my second time, I add in a new subforum and I still get the same problem occuring. Come look at: <removed> The subforums are showing up as a parent forum. I don't know what is causing this to happen. There is also two jump boxes? Any help would be appreciated.

EDIT: Oh, maybe it's because I haven't installed extreme styles mod.
EDIT2: that FIXED it! Woohoo. :oops:

yaaayyy!
Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
youngwun0

Cant Move Threads/Split

Post by youngwun0 »

Hey people i am have just installed this mod on my forums, everything is running perfect! no errors i have created sub-forums and no problems BUT!! i have 1 problem...

When me or a mod trys to move or split a topic there is no drop down box to show where the thread/split is going to its blank but it shows the move botton and leave a shadow botton Can anyone help me and guide me to getting my move and split option back pleasee ??? :( :( :(
CoRuP7ioN

Post by CoRuP7ioN »

CoRuP7ioN wrote: Help...

http://pastebin.com/432579
CoRuP7ioN wrote:wait.. I dont exactly understand what you mean about the replacing thing...

Secondly.. i didnt make a backup, (stupidity) and I need to know where I made errors, so i can fix them.. Because the only other way is using the original template file, which probably will screw up other mods i have installed.

EDIT: i found the backup, and its all working agian, But I do need to get this mod installed correctly, so could you point out all the errors i made? I have to do it manually, and im not good at it.. -_-

I installed it with easymod, and it had 3-4 warnings, that i had to manually fix.. but i didnt really fix them.. did i?

Another thing, is theres no configuration for this mod in the admin panel. Perhaps thats another installation error? what do i have to to do get that to work also? (what files do i have to edit) Cause I went into forums>manegment and theres just nothing...

Thanks so much for your support!!!!
sigh... I dont know what im doing wrong.. sum1 look at the code please!! i Dunno whats wronng
Jaddon

Post by Jaddon »

Need some help please. I installed this sub forum mod and it is working great. One problem that I am having is, when I have new topics/post on my board the icon for new topic/post is not showing up.

Does anyone know what I can do to fix this?

Thanks
RollerC

Post by RollerC »

im having trouble installing the simple subfourms to my three templates: Conundrum, AdInfinitum, and Nosebleed. I am using EZMod to install them but it keeps saying that the installation failed
fpscops.com

Post by fpscops.com »

Jaddon wrote: Need some help please. I installed this sub forum mod and it is working great. One problem that I am having is, when I have new topics/post on my board the icon for new topic/post is not showing up.

Does anyone know what I can do to fix this?

Thanks

Right click on where you are missing the image and it will give you the location of where the image should be located. Check there and upload the correct image.
RollerC wrote: im having trouble installing the simple subfourms to my three templates: Conundrum, AdInfinitum, and Nosebleed. I am using EZMod to install them but it keeps saying that the installation failed

It should send out some errors telling you why it failed. Eazymod has trouble reading unique templats and Probably can't find the correct edits in templates files. You'll most likely have hand edit them for you custom templates. It ran find using subsilver for me.
GameZ

[HELP]

Post by GameZ »

hi all, i have installed simple subforums mod, but has no effect. thats not working.

I dont see subforums options at forum management menu [acp].
anyone can help me?
Look at me... (punch)
babydoll2u

Re: [HELP]

Post by babydoll2u »

GameZ wrote: hi all, i have installed simple subforums mod, but has no effect. thats not working.

I dont see subforums options at forum management menu [acp].
anyone can help me?

You're not going to see a subforums option. follow these instructions.....

1) Log in to your ACP
2) Go to Forum Admin/Management
3) Type in the name that you want your new Sub Forum to be named
4) Click on Create New Forum
~ when you click on create new forum, it will take you to the General Forums Setting as usual.
~ You'll see the drop down menu beside Category/Forum. Click on that and scroll to find the forum that you want the sub-forum to go into.
~ Click on the forum name then click create new forum.

and Waa Laa... there is your sub-forum.
Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
GameZ

Post by GameZ »

nah i cant see that menu
only

Category || My Forum

not
~ You'll see the drop down menu beside Category/Forum. Click on that and scroll to find the forum that you want the sub-forum to go into.
Look at me... (punch)
cubechris

Post by cubechris »

Could you explain what to do here:

Code: Select all

#
#-----[ SQL ]------------------------------------------
#
ALTER TABLE phpbb_forums ADD forum_parent INT NOT NULL DEFAULT '0';
_ergo_

Post by _ergo_ »

you run this sql query in php my admin :]
cubechris

Post by cubechris »

Cheers, I have installed all this now but get this error:
Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_IF in /home/hayesmat/public_html/forumnew/index.php on line 494

Line 494 is the one with ***STARS*** around it:

Code: Select all

'U_VIEWFORUM' => append_sid("viewforum.$phpEx?" . POST_FORUM_URL . "=$forum_id"))
							// Begin Simple Subforums MOD
							***if($forum_data[$j]['forum_parent'] )***
							{
								$subforums_list[] = array(
									'forum_data'	=> $forum_data[$j],
									'folder_image'	=> $folder_image,
									'last_post'		=> $last_post,
									'last_post_sub'	=> $last_post_sub,
									'moderator_list'	=> $moderator_list,
									'unread_topics'	=> $unread_topics,
									'l_moderators'	=> $l_moderators,
									'folder_alt'	=> $folder_alt,
									'last_post_time'	=> $last_post_time,
									'desc'			=> $forum_data[$j]['forum_desc'],
									);
							}
							// End Simple Subforums MOD
Gothik

Post by Gothik »

Just would like to thank the coders for a great mod keep up the work
Apache Version 2.0.55
Mysql Version 5.0.67
PHP Version 5.1.2
PHPBB Version 3.0.2
---
Ill always have juggalo family.MMFCL
gianni76

Post by gianni76 »

Simple question:

will the subforum be a totally different forum?
I ask as I would like to apply a different (default) skin alltogheter to the subforum.
babydoll2u

Post by babydoll2u »

gianni76 wrote: Simple question:

will the subforum be a totally different forum?
I ask as I would like to apply a different (default) skin alltogheter to the subforum.

nope it's not a totally different forum or board. It's a sub-forum, which means that it's a forum inside an existing forum.

This is the setup:

Board (forum)
Category 1
* forum
~ subforum
---- topic threads
~ subforum
---- topic threads
~ however many more you want to make

* forum
~ subforum
~ subforum

Category 2
* forum
~ subforum
~ subforum

You can have topic threads inside the forums and subforums, or just subforums, or whatever. But no, you can't have a separate skin for each subforum.

Clear as mud right? sorry I'm not good at explaining

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”