Configurable Username Length

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
57%
Very Good
29%
Good
No votes
Fair
No votes
Poor
14%

Total votes: 7

Extensions Robot
Extensions Robot
Extensions Robot

Configurable Username Length

Post by Extensions Robot » Thu Nov 03, 2005 6:20 am

MOD Name: Configurable Username Length
Author: ycl6
MOD Description: This mod allow admins to set both the minimum and maximum username length in ACP

MOD Version: 1.1.1 (Updated 08/04/06)

Download File: Configurable_Username_Length_1.1.1.zip
mods overview page: View
File Size: 14946 Bytes

Support for this MOD needs to be asked within this topic. The phpBB Teams are not responsible or required to give anyone support for this MOD. By installing this MOD, the phpBB Support Team or phpBB MODifications Team may not be able to provide support.

This MOD has only been tested by the phpBB MOD Team with the phpBB version in the topic title. It may not work in any other versions of phpBB.
Last edited by Extensions Robot on Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
(this is a non-active account manager for the phpBB Extension Customisations Team)

ycl6
Translator

Post by ycl6 » Tue Nov 08, 2005 6:49 am

MOD Validated/Released

Notes:
This MOD is for admins that would like to limit their user's username within a certain number of characters during registration.

Krisiun

Post by Krisiun » Tue Nov 08, 2005 7:14 am

Great MOD, simple but useful. :wink:

bugfixed
Name: Murat

Post by bugfixed » Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:01 am

nice mod thanks...

Peter77s

Post by Peter77s » Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:27 am

Nice. I just asked for this some weeks ago. thanks!

James78

Post by James78 » Tue Nov 08, 2005 2:45 pm

Is it possible to make it so that you can prohibit certain characters (I.E. There could be a text box in the ACP and all you do is put whatever characters in that text box that you want to prohibit from being used at registration)

ycl6
Translator

Post by ycl6 » Tue Nov 08, 2005 3:01 pm

James78 wrote: Is it possible to make it so that you can prohibit certain characters (I.E. There could be a text box in the ACP and all you do is put whatever characters in that text box that you want to prohibit from being used at registration)

I would think it is possible to get together a MOD like that. Or maybe the phpBB's build-in "Disallow names" manager can do the job (I never test that tho)

~Mac

phantomk
Name: Daniel Lee

Post by phantomk » Tue Nov 08, 2005 4:20 pm

You could dissallow a name like

*p*

Any user who tries to register a name with the letter p will not be able to ;) So yes you can dissallow certain caracters.

fazaljatoi
I've Been Banned!

Post by fazaljatoi » Tue Nov 08, 2005 7:56 pm

i have php 2.0.17 i instail this mod successful good work
tested this mod work with 2.0.17

James78

Post by James78 » Wed Nov 09, 2005 7:54 am

ycl6 wrote:
James78 wrote:Is it possible to make it so that you can prohibit certain characters (I.E. There could be a text box in the ACP and all you do is put whatever characters in that text box that you want to prohibit from being used at registration)

I would think it is possible to get together a MOD like that. Or maybe the phpBB's build-in "Disallow names" manager can do the job (I never test that tho)

~Mac

Let me clarify that a little. If you use the "Disallow names" manager in the ACP to (for example) ban the username "php", then if someone enters "php" as their username it'll work, but if someone enters a username like "thephpkid" then it won't be blocked. I want the characters (and words) to also be blocked if that particular letter combination is entered inside another word, not only if the username says "php". Thats what I'm getting at. what I'm saying is that I want it to block it if it says "php", but I also want it to be blocked if it says something like "thephpkid". thats what I'm trying to say :D

phantomk
Name: Daniel Lee

Post by phantomk » Wed Nov 09, 2005 1:14 pm

James78 wrote: Let me clarify that a little. If you use the "Disallow names" manager in the ACP to (for example) ban the username "php", then if someone enters "php" as their username it'll work, but if someone enters a username like "thephpkid" then it won't be blocked. I want the characters (and words) to also be blocked if that particular letter combination is entered inside another word, not only if the username says "php". Thats what I'm getting at. what I'm saying is that I want it to block it if it says "php", but I also want it to be blocked if it says something like "thephpkid". thats what I'm trying to say :D
phantomk wrote: You could dissallow a name like

*p*

Any user who tries to register a name with the letter p will not be able to ;) So yes you can dissallow certain caracters.

LFCSSP

Post by LFCSSP » Wed Nov 09, 2005 1:55 pm

Great MOD. So simple as important.

Good job!

NicholeC234

*blonde*

Post by NicholeC234 » Thu Dec 08, 2005 3:35 pm

Of course I would be the ONLY one to have a conflict with this mod.

Let me start off by saying, I am NOT very good at this. I'm still fairly new and learning everything.

For some reason I can't get this MOD to work properly.

The main point for installing this MOD was because the e at the end of my user name on my forum is cut off. However, I still enter the e when I sign on. It just doesn't show up where ever my name is listed.

I installed the mod and set the count for as many letters as there were in my name. However, then when I went to log in, it won't let me. Says the name doesn't exist or bleh blah bleh.

Luckily, since I could no longer log in... I have a backup Admin name and had to use that to undo the name change so that I could log in again.

Do you have any idea what I did wrong? Any advice would GREATLY be appreciated. :)

~Nichole

ycl6
Translator

Post by ycl6 » Fri Dec 09, 2005 12:01 am

I'll look into this this weekend.

~Mac

NicholeC234

Post by NicholeC234 » Fri Dec 09, 2005 12:32 am

Thank you so much! I appreciate it!

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”