Birthdays

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
66%
Very Good
17%
Good
9%
Fair
2%
Poor
5%

Total votes: 228

iEric

Re: Birthdays

Post by iEric »

Great Update!

Q:If I by some reason want's to downgrade back to 2.0.2.. :roll: How do I handle the SQL-thing? Do I need to "down-alter" the tables again or can I leave it with the new settings? ..or just run the SOL-thing from 2.0.2?
TerraFrost
Former Team Member

Post by TerraFrost »

zKiLL wrote: Thanks!

I have uninstalled old 2.0.1, couse there is no patch from 2.0.1 to 2.0.2 )) to upgrade 2.0.2 to 3.0.0 ))

Everything works fine, but i got some questions:

1) "Why PM checkbox is disabled in Board_config_body.tpl?"
2) "Why, when i enable it - nothing happens?"
3) "Will it works in next version? Will be a FORM to edit PM Greetings Message?"
4) Or i've installed something wrong?

There's a patch for 2.0.1 to 2.0.2, as well:

http://www.frostjedi.com/terra/scripts/ ... -2.0.2.txt

To answer your question, though... you didn't do anything wrong. The PM checkbox disabled because the ability to send PMs is disabled. As is, it's acting as a place holder, in case I or anyone else decides to implement it at a future date.

iEric - You shouldn't need to do anything. Sure, there may be an extra column or two that 2.0.2 won't utilize, but that won't break 2.0.2.

That said, I'm not going to provide support for downgrading...
iEric

Post by iEric »

TerraFrost wrote: You shouldn't need to do anything. Sure, there may be an extra column or two that 2.0.2 won't utilize, but that won't break 2.0.2.

That said, I'm not going to provide support for downgrading...

Well, that was "just in case"... :) I've installed it, and I really like/enjoy the new features. Especially the one with hiding the Bbox for guests (on index) But other parts doesn't act the way I figured it would. Probably there's something wrong made or a conflict perhaps. And I went through the updatefile 3 times to see if I missed anything. I'm lost now

ok, the faded PM checkbox shows up "checked" when I've enable the popupbox in ACP config. In users profile it shows up the 2 options "dont send or popup".
Memberlist: lang file says - $lang['Age'] = 'Age: %d<br />'; and that is what is showing up. :roll: :?
"%d"? ..and no ages in that column/user either. And the droplist leaves a blank(empty) line where you chose what to sort by.
And this "next birthday"? (birthday2)

I'd really like this one to work! :) Thanks..
wads24
Name: James

Post by wads24 »

i could never get tera's b day mod to work...

hey, i am looking for a addon on to neils birthday_1.5.9em mod... it adds the birtdays at the botom of the index page... i have had it before, but don't know where it is now... can anyone help?
Thanks in advance for a reply.
Prosk8er
Name: Tyler

Post by Prosk8er »

wads24 wrote: i could never get tera's b day mod to work...

hey, i am looking for a addon on to neils birthday_1.5.9em mod... it adds the birtdays at the botom of the index page... i have had it before, but don't know where it is now... can anyone help?

not the place to ask this
TerraFrost
Former Team Member

Post by TerraFrost »

iEric wrote: ok, the faded PM checkbox shows up "checked" when I've enable the popupbox in ACP config. In users profile it shows up the 2 options "dont send or popup".
Memberlist: lang file says - $lang['Age'] = 'Age: %d<br />'; and that is what is showing up. :roll: :?
"%d"? ..and no ages in that column/user either. And the droplist leaves a blank(empty) line where you chose what to sort by.
And this "next birthday"? (birthday2)

With regard to the memberlist... in lang_main.php, there's $lang['Age'] and $lang['Sort_Age']. $lang['Age'] equals 'Age: %d', while $lang['Sort_Age'] equals 'Age'. memberlist.php assigns L_AGE to $lang['Sort_Age'] and memberlist_body.tpl later uses L_AGE. Thus, there are only a two possibilities. Either you're setting $lang['Sort_Age'] to $lang['Age']'s value or you set L_AGE to $lang['Age'] and not $lang['Sort_Age']. Long story short, it sounds like an odd mistake on your part, but given the number of "mistakes" and the number of files potentially involved... would you be willing to give me a temp. FTP account?
TMorph

Post by TMorph »

ADD ON: Birthdays in viewtopic.php TerraFrost 3.0.0

Code: Select all

##############################################################
## MOD Title: Birthday Cake for TerraFrost's Birthdays
## MOD Author: KasLimon < ganko@iesmg.es > (N/A) http://www.iesmg.es
## MOD Description: This shows a birthday cake in the viewtopic if it's user birthday
## MOD Version: N/A
## Demo Forum http://www.kmorph.com
## Dowload http://www.kmorph.com/viewtopic.php?t=459
##
## Installation Level: Easy
## Installation Time: 5 Minutes
## Files To Edit: viewtopic.php
##                language/lang_english/lang_main.php
##                templates/subSilver/subSilver.cfg
##                templates/subSilver/viewtopic_body.tpl
##
## Included Files: birthdaycake.gif
##
## MOD History:
##  -Not released-
##
## Before Adding This MOD To Your Forum, You Should Back Up All Files Related To This MOD
Demo Forum http://www.kmorph.com Dowload
TerraFrost. thanks for your aid. Greetings :razz:
Last edited by TMorph on Sun Apr 15, 2007 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I feel my English, Translation with translator
CiberMorph
CiberMorph-phpbb3
iEric

Post by iEric »

Of course. I'll PM you about the ftp later, first I want to go through everything once again :)

$lang['Sort_Age'] = 'Age';
yes, I'll see what difference it makes.

When I updated my 2.0.2a --> 3.0 I used the update-file: http://www.frostjedi.com/terra/scripts/ ... -3.0.0.txt

I looked into my original 2.0.2 files and in the update-file to find the line $lang['Sort_Age'] = 'Age';, but it wasn't in there.. So, I downloaded the "full" 3.0-file and found that language-option in that one. ok - back to TextEdit :D
TerraFrost
Former Team Member

Post by TerraFrost »

TMorph - Nice idea - thanks :)

Do you have to be logged in to download the MOD?

iEric - you're right about the upgrade. Hmmm. Didn't notice that. Maybe the other issues are similarly caused (the upgrade is definitely less well vetted then the full install :()
TMorph

Post by TMorph »

TerraFrost wrote: TMorph - Nice idea - thanks :)

Do you have to be logged in to download the MOD?

iEric - you're right about the upgrade. Hmmm. Didn't notice that. Maybe the other issues are similarly caused (the upgrade is definitely less well vetted then the full install :()

No logged download http://www.kmorph.com/viewtopic.php?t=459
it is already possible to be unloaded was an error mine OK :razz:
I feel my English, Translation with translator
CiberMorph
CiberMorph-phpbb3
iEric

Post by iEric »

Age is dislayed no and the line in the dropmenu as well. :) But, no "ages" shows up in the column though :roll:
and the PM box in ACP is still checked and not "faded" - In users profile it does show all 3 option: None/email/popup

At least 1ne fwd: :D

TMorph: Very nice add. Will deal with it later.
rgponce

Post by rgponce »

hi, after make a search in my forum folder i discover that this two files are my problem, my profile and memberlist pages don't open, after i change this 2 files to original they work again, after this i install again all the mods in this two pages, one by one, when i install the birthdays 2.0.2 and after upgrade to 3.0, the problem back.
can you see for me what is wrong with this two archives?
they are in:

quadrinhos.orgfree.com/forum/memberlist.txt
quadrinhos.orgfree.com/forum/usercp_register.txt

and sorry my bad english too
TerraFrost
Former Team Member

Post by TerraFrost »

From your memberlist.php file:

$mode_types_text = array($lang['Sort_Joined'], $lang['Sort_Username'], $lang['Sort_Location'], $lang['Sort_Posts'], $lang['Sort_Age'], $lang['Sort_Email'],  $lang['Sort_Website'], $lang['Sort_Top_Ten']);
'joined', 'username', 'location', 'posts', 'age', 'email', 'website', 'topten');
You deleted "$mode_types = array(" (which, btw, isn't something this MOD asks you to do...). Try adding it back.

As for usercp_register.php... you don't appear to have any syntax errors in it. You say your profile page doesn't open. What does that mean? Are you unable to edit your profile or are you unable to view your profile? If the latter, you've given me the wrong file - I need usercp_viewprofile.php.

Also, how, exactly, does it "not open"? Does any text appear?
rgponce

Post by rgponce »

TerraFrost wrote: From your memberlist.php file:

$mode_types_text = array($lang['Sort_Joined'], $lang['Sort_Username'], $lang['Sort_Location'], $lang['Sort_Posts'], $lang['Sort_Age'], $lang['Sort_Email'],  $lang['Sort_Website'], $lang['Sort_Top_Ten']);
'joined', 'username', 'location', 'posts', 'age', 'email', 'website', 'topten');
You deleted "$mode_types = array(" (which, btw, isn't something this MOD asks you to do...). Try adding it back.

As for usercp_register.php... you don't appear to have any syntax errors in it. You say your profile page doesn't open. What does that mean? Are you unable to edit your profile or are you unable to view your profile? If the latter, you've given me the wrong file - I need usercp_viewprofile.php.

Also, how, exactly, does it "not open"? Does any text appear?

hi, thanks for the quick solution for my memberlist.php.
about my profile page, i unable to see the page, the header open, but it's only, any text appear and i change the usercp_register for the original file, the texts appear.
THIS is the link to ucercp_viewprofile
TerraFrost
Former Team Member

Post by TerraFrost »

Unfortunately, I cannot use the same trick I used in my previous post for your usercp_register.php file. There's no syntax error, but beyond that, I can't really make any determinations, since you have MODs installed that I don't. As such, I'm going to need FTP access to make any further diagnosis... if you could give me that, via PM, that'd be great. Thanks.

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”