Birthdays

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
66%
Very Good
17%
Good
9%
Fair
2%
Poor
5%

Total votes: 228

Extensions Robot
Extensions Robot
Extensions Robot

Birthdays

Post by Extensions Robot »

Modification name: Birthdays
Author: TerraFrost
Modification description: Adds a birthday field to the profile, and displays it on the Index along with birthdays up to seven days away, when appropriate. The birthday field and the year field can be made mandatory or voluntary.
Modification version: 3.0.0
Tested on phpBB version: See below

Download file: birthdays3.0.0-1.zip
File size: 96092 Bytes

Modification overview page: View

Selected tags:
  1. category
    1. Add-Ons
  2. phpbb
    1. 2.0.21
    2. 2.0.22
Support for this modification needs to be asked within this topic. The phpBB Team is not responsible or required to give anyone support for this modification. By installing this MOD, you acknowledge that the phpBB Support Team or phpBB MODifications Team may not be able to provide support.

This MOD has only been tested by the phpBB MOD Team with the phpBB version listed in the topic. It may not work in any other versions of phpBB.
Last edited by Extensions Robot on Sun Aug 05, 2007 11:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
(this is a non-active account manager for the phpBB Extension Customisations Team)
ycl6
Translator

Post by ycl6 »

MOD Validated/Released

Notes:
This is the first birthday modification on phpBB's MODS-Database.
DaMnY

Post by DaMnY »

Hi, i've installed this mods and entered my birthday in my profile.
But it doesn't show it correctly!
I entered October 26 but it shows 25 in my profile?
You can find the forum here.
Know Thyself
bas_dodger

Post by bas_dodger »

Hi there:)

I've downloaded this birthday mod,..

but i have no idea in what folder i have to upload it and how to get the mod working wel..

can someone please help me ?:)

thnx
onigumo

Post by onigumo »

How does this compare to the one by Neils? Does it not have as bad an effect on forum speed?
I write articles on community building
@ The Infinity Program.
TerraFrost
Former Team Member

Post by TerraFrost »

It's not a problem I've encountered, but off hand, I'd guess that it has to do with timezones. I'll try to look into it within the next few days.
Hi there:)

I've downloaded this birthday mod,..

but i have no idea in what folder i have to upload it and how to get the mod working wel..

There are no files to upload - just files to edit. Perhaps you should consider installing EasyMOD?
How does this compare to the one by Neils? Does it not have as bad an effect on forum speed?

I've not noticed any speed issues with Neils MOD. As for how it compares... to quote from the Author Notes...

Code: Select all

##   Although Niels Chr. Denmark's ever-popular Birthday Hack already does that
##   which this MOD attempts to do, it does have a number of problems that this
##   MOD seeks to remedy.
##
##     1. It isn't validated and hasn't been subjected to a security audit by the
##        phpBB MOD Team.
##     2. It saves the birthdate by saving the number of seconds that have elapsed
##        since January 1, 1970 to the date in question.  This is an inefficient use
##        of memory and of storage.
##     3. As a consequence of (2), members *must* specify a birth year, thereby
##        effectively telling the world how old they are.  This will probably 
##        disuade some members from using the feature when they might have otherwise
##        done so.
##
##   Niels MOD can be found here:
##   http://www.phpbbhacks.com/download/187
3Di
I've Been Banned!
Name: Marco

Post by 3Di »

That's a MOD i'm considering to use and maybe contribute to... thank you.
🆓 Free support for our extensions also provided here: phpBB Studio
🚀 Looking for a specific feature or alternative option? We will rock you!
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx. Buy me a coffee -> Image
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user º Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades
babydoll2u

Post by babydoll2u »

I love this MOD! It installed with NO problem using easyMOD and works grrrreat! I'm a happy camper :D
Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
TerraFrost
Former Team Member

Post by TerraFrost »

3Di wrote: That's a MOD i'm considering to use and maybe contribute to... thank you.

Contributions would be awsome! :)

And glad to here it's working for you, babydoll2u! :)
babydoll2u

Post by babydoll2u »

Terra, there is no birthday showing in the left-hand pane, where the join date, # of posts and location are.... is there not supposed to be something there? What about at the bottom of the forum on the main page?

I guess I'm not sure, now, that I understand this MOD? lol
Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
TerraFrost
Former Team Member

Post by TerraFrost »

babydoll2u wrote: Terra, there is no birthday showing in the left-hand pane, where the join date, # of posts and location are.... is there not supposed to be something there?

You mean in the memberlist? If so, then nope. My MOD doesn't add anything, there. If enough people want that to be done, though, it's certainly a feature that can be added.
What about at the bottom of the forum on the main page?

That only shows up if someone has a birthday. You can confirm this by setting your birthday to the current date.
babydoll2u

Post by babydoll2u »

TerraFrost wrote:
babydoll2u wrote:Terra, there is no birthday showing in the left-hand pane, where the join date, # of posts and location are.... is there not supposed to be something there?

You mean in the memberlist? If so, then nope. My MOD doesn't add anything, there. If enough people want that to be done, though, it's certainly a feature that can be added.
What about at the bottom of the forum on the main page?

That only shows up if someone has a birthday. You can confirm this by setting your birthday to the current date.

no no hun, I mean over to the left here... under the username, avatar, rank, etc etc etc
TerraFrost
Former Team Member

Post by TerraFrost »

babydoll2u wrote: no no hun, I mean over to the left here... under the username, avatar, rank, etc etc etc

That actually wasn't part of the design, either (viewtopic_body.tpl and viewtopic.php would have to be modified; they aren't) I can make it do that, though, when I get a chance. (Actually, what I'll probably do is make an ACP option where you can decide what gets displayed where).
kulinar

Post by kulinar »

I got 3 issues with this mod:

1: Warning: implode(): Bad arguments. in /....../......../forum.bgkulinar.net/html/index.php on line 348

2: When I skip the year I get this message 'You didn't specify a valid Birthday.'

3:I have the same problem. My time zone is GMT+2
TerraFrost wrote:

It's not a problem I've encountered, but off hand, I'd guess that it has to do with timezones. I'll try to look into it within the next few days.
d3rutat

Post by d3rutat »

I have the same problem, i enter 23 and it shows 22...My timezone is GMT+2...What's the problem?

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”