Birthdays

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
66%
Very Good
17%
Good
9%
Fair
2%
Poor
5%

Total votes: 228

Duvaren

Post by Duvaren »

dworum wrote:

Code: Select all

SQL PROCESSING HALTED

An error was encountered while processing the SQL commands. Further SQL processing has been halted. You may choose to complete the MOD installation anyway and perform the SQL commands manually yourself. However, at this point EM cannot guarantee the MOD will work correctly so you are best off seeking support from the Author before continuing further.

The failed line was:
ALTER TABLE phpbb_users ADD user_birthday INTEGER(8) NOT NULL DEFAULT 0;;

SQL ERROR: 1060
Duplicate column name 'user_birthday'

That means you have the birthday entry in your phpbb_users table already.
dworum

Post by dworum »

yes finally found out how to fix that but now i have 2 birthdays at the bottom of the screen instead of just 1
bonelifer
Community Team Member
Community Team Member
Name: William

Post by bonelifer »

I've switched from Simple Colored Groups to the Advanced Group Color Manage mod. After finding I need to change the $color to something else($birthday_color) I was able to get Birthdays and AGCM to co-exist. I know where in Birthdays to change since I was able to integrate SCG and Birthdays. I'm just not sure how to manage it with AGCM. Any help would be great. BTW, I'm using AGCM 1.2.5. Here's the link to the current version:
http://hackbb.com/viewtopic.php?t=2

I'd ask at his board but he doesn't provide help in integrating.
Knowledge Base | phpBB Board Rules | Search Customisation Database
Please don't contact me via PM or email for phpBB support .
Krank

Post by Krank »

hi terra, i have your birthdays MOD installed (i upgraded to version 3) looking back you said your going to make an update for version 3? do you have the link for it so i can upgrade please.

another thing is, when i try to set birthdays to be sent in e-mail, and i click on submit, it changes to PM, and its very weird, because that option was disabled (as you said, you just having it there as a "parking space" if someone wants to add that feature) anyhow, do you know what might be cause the problem?

i checked MySQL phpbb_config birthday greeting is set to 1

config_name: bday_greeting  config_value: 1
that means the greeting would be with e-mail right? 2 = pop-up , 0 = disabled right? i don't get why whenever i mark on e-mail, and click submit, it checks the PM

davidjbj

Post by davidjbj »

TerraFrost,

I'm having a bear trying to use the update install.txt to update from 2.0.2 to 3.0.0 I am not sure of all the issues, but I can't even get the SQL to update using easyMOD, it comes up with an error on almost every single line.

I know I will have problems later in the script since I do not have subsilver, I replaced it with Conumdrum when I first installed the phpbb software. I usually get around this by stripping the install script to just
the SQL updates and copies and do the file edits by hand, but that is not working.

What help I need is how to map the SQL updates in the script to entries I can use in the phpMyAdmin panel 2.9.0.2 I have MySQL 4.1.10.

Any pointers on how to map into manual entries into the table would be appreciated.

Dave
Parasytic

Post by Parasytic »

Krank: My post a few pages back has a list of bug fixes for the upgrade. Apparently, those bugs only appear in the upgraded MOD, and not in the full 3.0.0 release. Good luck.
Krank

Post by Krank »

thanks Parasytic, updated :)
Prosk8er
Name: Tyler

Post by Prosk8er »

Parasytic wrote: full 3.0.0 release

is the full release available now? anyone got a link if so
Krank

Post by Krank »

Prosk8er
Name: Tyler

Post by Prosk8er »

thanks
TerraFrost
Former Team Member

Post by TerraFrost »

Sizer - the code you added to user_edit_body.tpl was incomplete:

<!-- BEGIN birthday_required -->
	  <tr>
	    <td class="row1"><span class="gen">{L_BIRTHDAY}: *</span></td>
	    <td class="row2">{BIRTHDAY_INTERFACE}</td>
	</tr>
Should be:

<!-- BEGIN birthday_required -->
	  <tr>
	    <td class="row1"><span class="gen">{L_BIRTHDAY}: *</span></td>
	    <td class="row2">{BIRTHDAY_INTERFACE}</td>
	</tr>
	<!-- END birthday_required -->
jerx wrote: 1. Mini calendar
I am using the mini calendar on my portal page. I have added the birthdays add-on for mini_cal, but I am not satisfied yet. You are only able to click on a day if that day has events, but you won' t see a link if the day has only birthdays.

How can I make mini calendar display the link if there are only birthdays? Or would this use too much resources? I have a fairly big user base and each single day has at least 5 birthdays.

I don't know how feasable that is. To be honest, I'd rather not install that and the other MODs on my testboard at this time. Would you be willing to provide me with a temp. FTP account?
jerx wrote: 2. Performance issue
Page generation time for my topic calendar is very long. It is more than 2 seconds longer than other pages. I think this is due to displaying all the birthdays. Some days have up to 50 birthdays.

If you're using 1.2.0, you should contact Ptirhiik. He wrote the PHP code "bridging" the two and knows it better than I do.

If you're using 1.0.1... could you give me a temp. FTP account?

dworum - it sounds like you've installed the MOD twice. That'd be why you were getting the SQL errors and is very likely why you're getting this latest error.

bonelifer - could you undo the changes you made to get Birthdays and AGCM to co-exist? If I help integrate one MOD with another, I'll want to make a MOD of it so that others will be able to use it. If you've done half the work, my MODs gonna kinda be incomplete and not nearly as useful as it could have been...

davidjbj - there are only two (out of seven) lines that should be causing you problems:

UPDATE phpbb_users SET user_birthday2 = 10000 * (user_birthday % 10000) + 100 * floor(user_birthday / 1000000) + floor(user_birthday / 10000) % 100 WHERE user_birthday <> 0;
UPDATE phpbb_users SET user_birthday2 = NULL WHERE user_birthday2 < 1000000;
The reason for this is that EasyMOD replaces <'s with < and > with >.

To do them manually, just do them through phpMyAdmin. You can run raw SQL via phpMyAdmin, after all.
Krank wrote: hi terra, i have your birthdays MOD installed (i upgraded to version 3) looking back you said your going to make an update for version 3? do you have the link for it so i can upgrade please.

You upgraded to version 3 and you want me to give you a link so you can upgrade to version 3? How could you have updated if you didn't already have the link?
Krank

Post by Krank »

TerraFrost wrote: You upgraded to version 3 and you want me to give you a link so you can upgrade to version 3? How could you have updated if you didn't already have the link?

my mistake, i meant the fix for version 3 :)
Sizer

Post by Sizer »

Thank you sooo much, Im a little embarassed it was something so simple!
jerx

Post by jerx »

I have sent you a pm.

I have another problem:
I changed the order of birthdays and events on the calendar_scheduler.php by putting the birthday code before the events code. It works, but the last post column displays the username of the last poster (of the last event) on each birthday row.

Thanks in advance for your help!!!
TerraFrost
Former Team Member

Post by TerraFrost »

jerx - the calendar seems to generate itself faster then it used to, however, it's still slower then I'd expect and I'm not sure why.

Also, a lot of the speed is due to, as you suspected, the fact that a ton of birthdays are being displayed all at once (which is making for a large page that takes a while to download). Without doing ~30 queries every time someone tries to view a month, I'm not sure what can be done for that. One idea would be to just not display birthdays on the month scale, but again, I don't know how to do that. Maybe I could figure it out if I spent more time on it, but at this point, I don't think it's worth my while.

With regard to the mini_cal addon... that sounds more like a bug in mini cal then it is with mini_cal.txt. I say that because, unless you messed up very badly, my changes shouldn't be able to do that.

As for calendar_scheduler.php... it seems fine to me?
Last edited by TerraFrost on Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”