Birthdays

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
66%
Very Good
17%
Good
9%
Fair
2%
Poor
5%

Total votes: 228

jerx

Post by jerx »

TerraFrost wrote: jerx - the calendar seems to generate itself faster then it used to, however, it's still slower then I'd expect and I'm not sure why.

Also, a lot of the speed is due to, as you suspected, the fact that a ton of birthdays are being displayed all at once (which is making for a large page that takes a while to download). Without doing ~30 queries every time someone tries to view a month, I'm not sure what can be done for that. One idea would be to just not display birthdays on the month scale, but again, I don't know how to do that. Maybe I could figure it out if I spent more time on it, but at this point, I don't think it's worth my while.

vbulletin solved it by only displaying the number of birthdays on each day. The link is the same link as for the day overview, so generating the link should not add additional page generation time.

I will sent you a pm with a link to my old vbulletin installation, just to show you what I mean. But I understand that you cannot spent more time on this. I just hoped that the changes would not be that big.
With regard to the mini_cal addon... that sounds more like a bug in mini cal then it is with mini_cal.txt. I say that because, unless you messed up very badly, my changes shouldn't be able to do that.

I think this is not a bug but a "feature". I have mini_cal installed on another board. That board uses Niels' birthday mod and the mini calendar acts the same. It only shows a link to a particular day if that day has one or more events. If there are birthdays only, it just shows the day as text.

Since I have birthdays on every single day of the year, I could just generate a link for every day without checking for birthdays or events. Let' s see if I can accomplish that ...
As for calendar_scheduler.php...

Seems fine to me...

Look at the last column of the birthday rows - the last post column. It should be blank, but by changing the display order it shows a username now.

Thank you!
ZJESTER

Post by ZJESTER »

I am sorry if this has been addressed in the past but my eyes are going crazy trying to go through 160 pages of poste on this topic.

I a running the subMerged style and I can not seem to get this MOD to install correctly through EM. I am going through it manualy and the subMerged .tpl files are different than subsilvers obviously. Does anyoud have the code that I need to insert into subMerged? Better yet, do I even need to alter the subMerged files?
jerx

Post by jerx »

ZJESTER wrote: I a running the subMerged style and I can not seem to get this MOD to install correctly through EM. I am going through it manualy and the subMerged .tpl files are different than subsilvers obviously. Does anyoud have the code that I need to insert into subMerged? Better yet, do I even need to alter the subMerged files?

EM does only work correctly if you have an unmodded phpbb and are using the default subsilver template. You won' t be able to use the mod without altering the submerged files. Try to do partial finds, eg if it says:

find:

Code: Select all

<tr> 
	  <td class="row1"><span class="gen">{L_SIGNATURE}:</span><br /><span class="gensmall">{L_SIGNATURE_EXPLAIN}<br /><br />{HTML_STATUS}<br />{BBCODE_STATUS}<br />{SMILIES_STATUS}</span></td>
just search for:

{L_SIGNATURE}
This might point you to the wrong part, so you need to make sure that the part is the right one. In the example, you would see {L_SIGNATURE_EXPLAIN}, {HTML_STATUS},{BBCODE_STATUS} and{SMILIES_STATUS} near your search result.
Inspire

Post by Inspire »

I am getting this error when I try to process the mod through Easy Mod:

Critical Error

IN-LINE FIND FAILED: In file [includes/usercp_register.php] could not find:

, user_icq

Thank you for any help.

Inspire
ZJESTER

Post by ZJESTER »

Thanks for the help above. I figured that out. Now I have another prob. Here is the error I am getting.

Could not query members birthday information

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1054 Unknown column 'user_birthday' in 'field list'

SELECT user_id, username, user_birthday, user_level FROM phpbbnew_users WHERE user_birthday >= 03070000 AND user_birthday <= 03079999 AND user_active = 1 ORDER BY username DESC

Line : 247
File : index.php

A friend of mine that is running phpbb him self, suggested that I needed to run birthday_bd_update.php and it should be in the .zip file. Well it's not there. He also thinks that he has an earlier version of this mod since the code for his is different. Can someone help with this .... please?!!

Thanks!
jerx

Post by jerx »

Inspire wrote: I am getting this error when I try to process the mod through Easy Mod:

Critical Error

IN-LINE FIND FAILED: In file [includes/usercp_register.php] could not find:

, user_icq

Thank you for any help.

Inspire

If EM fails, you need to write down all error messages and edit those changes manually. EM might even not have modified any files. Then you need to go through the whole install instructions.
ZJESTER wrote: Thanks for the help above. I figured that out. Now I have another prob. Here is the error I am getting.

Could not query members birthday information

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1054 Unknown column 'user_birthday' in 'field list'

SELECT user_id, username, user_birthday, user_level FROM phpbbnew_users WHERE user_birthday >= 03070000 AND user_birthday <= 03079999 AND user_active = 1 ORDER BY username DESC

Line : 247
File : index.php

A friend of mine that is running phpbb him self, suggested that I needed to run birthday_bd_update.php and it should be in the .zip file. Well it's not there. He also thinks that he has an earlier version of this mod since the code for his is different. Can someone help with this .... please?!!

Thanks!

Your friend was almost right, but he most likely has Niels' birthday mod installed. Terrafrost' s mod has the sql changes in the install instructions, which have to be performed manually. The easiest way to process them is using phpmyadmin.

I am a little bit confused. EM feature list claims "SQL processing for all supported DBMS types.", but when I remember correctly EM does not process any sql queries.
TerraFrost
Former Team Member

Post by TerraFrost »

jerx wrote:
With regard to the mini_cal addon... that sounds more like a bug in mini cal then it is with mini_cal.txt. I say that because, unless you messed up very badly, my changes shouldn't be able to do that.

I think this is not a bug but a "feature". I have mini_cal installed on another board. That board uses Niels' birthday mod and the mini calendar acts the same. It only shows a link to a particular day if that day has one or more events. If there are birthdays only, it just shows the day as text.

Since I have birthdays on every single day of the year, I could just generate a link for every day without checking for birthdays or events. Let' s see if I can accomplish that ...

So my mod and Niels' mod behave the same with the mini-calendar mod? If so, then that's one problem I'm going to have to, unfortunately, decline to fix. The main reason being that I often don't have enough time to provide support for my own MODs - providing support for MODs other people wrote is something I see as a luxury that I don't really have time for, at present.
Look at the last column of the birthday rows - the last post column. It should be blank, but by changing the display order it shows a username now.

Thank you!

How are you changing the order? I don't see any button that lets you do that on calendar_schedular.php.
I am a little bit confused. EM feature list claims "SQL processing for all supported DBMS types.", but when I remember correctly EM does not process any sql queries.

EasyMOD has supported SQL since 0.1.13.

Anyway, thanks for helping provide support! :)
badeend

Post by badeend »

Hello,

I just installed the 2.0.2a-version, but I would like to update tot 3.0.

Is there an updatescript available?
What codechanges do I have to do?
TerraFrost
Former Team Member

Post by TerraFrost »

badeend wrote: Hello,

I just installed the 2.0.2a-version, but I would like to update tot 3.0.

Is there an updatescript available?
What codechanges do I have to do?

http://www.frostjedi.com/terra/scripts/ ... -3.0.0.txt
Prosk8er
Name: Tyler

Post by Prosk8er »

terra, i just realized that cause i have AGCM the username for birthdays wont come up and gives a error i didn't install the newer version of birthdays yet and i have AGCM 1.2.5 from hackbb.com do you have a fix for this? or does someone have a fix for this to many pages to look back on
grchaos

Post by grchaos »

I just installed the birthday 3.0.0 mod, and it works great except the pm option is not available.

What user profiles show:

Date of Birth Public Display Options:
Send Birthday Greetings via:
Determines how you will recieve Birthday Greetings on your birthday. ()Do not send ()Email ()Popup

In the admin panel:

Send Birthday Greetings via
Your members will choose either one or none of the options you enable. ()Email (PM is grayed out) ()Popup

I can provide screenies, or by pm - a board link if necessary
TerraFrost
Former Team Member

Post by TerraFrost »

bprsk8r4272 wrote: terra, i just realized that cause i have AGCM the username for birthdays wont come up and gives a error i didn't install the newer version of birthdays yet and i have AGCM 1.2.5 from hackbb.com do you have a fix for this? or does someone have a fix for this to many pages to look back on

Someone else observed that the AGCM mod and this one don't work well together. As I said to them, I'm currently using my testboard for something, so if you would be willing to give me a temp. FTP account with which I could investigate the problem, that'd be great.
I just installed the birthday 3.0.0 mod, and it works great except the pm option is not available.

That's what it's supposed to do. The PM option, in it's current capacity, is acting as a place holder for either I or someone else to implement at a later date.
Prosk8er
Name: Tyler

Post by Prosk8er »

i would but i host my site on my own computer and its behind a router and firewalls so there for i cannot get the passive mode for bulletproof ftp server to work i'll try to get it to work if i do ill be more than willing to pm you the ftp details
TerraFrost
Former Team Member

Re: Birthdays

Post by TerraFrost »

Here's the solution to bprsk8r4272's problem (ie. integrating this MOD with this color groups mod):

#
#-----[ FIND ]------------------------------------------
#
    $sql = "SELECT user_id, username, user_birthday, user_level 
#
#-----[ REPLACE WITH ]----------------------------------
#
    $sql = "SELECT user_id, username, user_birthday, user_session_time, user_group_id 
#
#
		$color = '';
		if ( $row['user_level'] == ADMIN )
		{
			$color = ' style="color:#' . $theme['fontcolor3'] . '"';
		}
		else if ( $row['user_level'] == MOD )
		{
			$color = ' style="color:#' . $theme['fontcolor2'] . '"';
		}
		$user_birthdays[] = '<a href="' . append_sid("profile.$phpEx?mode=viewprofile&" . POST_USERS_URL . "=" . $row['user_id']) . '"' . $color . '>' . $row['username'] . '</a>' . $age;
#
#
		$user_birthdays[] = '<a href="' . append_sid("profile.$phpEx?mode=viewprofile&" . POST_USERS_URL . "=" . $row['user_id']) . '" class="' . $color->get_user_color($row['user_group_id'], $row['user_session_time']) . '">' . $row['username'] . '</a>' . $age;
#
#
		$sql = "SELECT user_id, username, user_birthday, user_level 
#
#
		$sql = "SELECT user_id, username, user_birthday, user_session_time, user_group_id 
#
#
			$color = '';
			if ( $row['user_level'] == ADMIN )
			{
				$color = ' style="color:#' . $theme['fontcolor3'] . '"';
			}
			else if ( $row['user_level'] == MOD )
			{
				$color = ' style="color:#' . $theme['fontcolor2'] . '"';
			}
			$upcoming_birthdays[] = '<a href="' . append_sid("profile.$phpEx?mode=viewprofile&" . POST_USERS_URL . "=" . $row['user_id']) . '"' . $color . '>' . $row['username'] . '</a>' . $age;
#
#
			$upcoming_birthdays[] = '<a href="' . append_sid("profile.$phpEx?mode=viewprofile&" . POST_USERS_URL . "=" . $row['user_id']) . '" class="' . $color->get_user_color($row['user_group_id'], $row['user_session_time']) . '">' . $row['username'] . '</a>' . $age;
bonelifer
Community Team Member
Community Team Member
Name: William

Re: Birthdays

Post by bonelifer »

Strange that didn't work for me. I get colored on the display, but another person on the birthday display isn't colored correctly
Knowledge Base | phpBB Board Rules | Search Customisation Database
Please don't contact me via PM or email for phpBB support .

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”