Birthdays

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
66%
Very Good
17%
Good
9%
Fair
2%
Poor
5%

Total votes: 228

TerraFrost
Former Team Member

Re: Birthdays

Post by TerraFrost »

This:

Code: Select all

#
#-----[ OPEN ]------------------------------------------
#
index.php
#
#-----[ FIND ]------------------------------------------
#
			$bday_year = ( $row['birthday_display'] != BIRTHDAY_DATE ) ? $row['user_birthday'] % 10000 : 0;
#
#-----[ REPLACE WITH ]----------------------------------
#
			$bday_year = 1996;
#
#
				$bday_year_age = ( $row['birthday_display'] != BIRTHDAY_DATE ) ? $row['user_birthday'] - 10000*$bday_month_day : 0;
#
#
				$bday_year_age = 1996;
#
#
memberlist.php
#
#
		$bday_year_age = ( $row['birthday_display'] != BIRTHDAY_NONE && $row['birthday_display'] != BIRTHDAY_DATE ) ? $row['user_birthday'] - 10000*$bday_month_day : 0;
#
#
		$bday_year_age = 1999;
#
#
viewtopic.php
#
#
		$bday_year_age = ( $postrow[$i]['birthday_display'] != BIRTHDAY_NONE && $postrow[$i]['birthday_display'] != BIRTHDAY_DATE ) ? $postrow[$i]['user_birthday'] - 10000*$bday_month_day : 0;
#
#
		$bday_year_age = 1999;
ztech786

Post by ztech786 »

my portal.php is actually index.php. I renamed so users goto portal.php when they login. I don't know how and why I that line twice. Should I remove it?

This made the "Today's Birthdays" section appear twice.
On my main page (ezportal) I see Today Birthday only once.
I see the input area for days, months, and years.
I have installed MPS mod (mpsmod.com). Click on Profile Area > MPS Settings This is where I don;t see the input area.

I also PM u some more info

thanks!
Suditidus

Post by Suditidus »

Thanks a lot.
It's not what I want but I have fund how to make.

Bye bye and thanks again !
TerraFrost
Former Team Member

Post by TerraFrost »

ztech786 - I fixed the rowspan issue again. When I went to profile.php?mode=editprofile, I got the following:
Fatal error: Call to undefined function bday_year_select() in /path/to/phpbb/includes/usercp_register.php on line 1432
Going to includes/functions_selects.php (where that function is defined), I see bday_day_select and bday_month_select but not bday_year_Select. So I add it and then get the following:
Template->make_filename(): Error - file birthday_interface.tpl does not exist
It exists for the ndesign template but not for subSilver.

So I refresh the page and see nothing. Apparently, for subSilver, none of the changes have been done. Same for ndesign. I do those and... it works.

Long story short, I am, once again, unable to duplicate the problem. The files that you have been giving me are not the same as what yo have online, and... there's really not a whole lot under these circumstances...

There do appear to be other problems (for instance, the left hand side of the ACP doesn't show up for me), but... this isn't a general phpBB support forum. If you think you broke your phpBB, post here. Or here. Or wherever. Just not here.

If, however, you do think this MOD is at fault, this would be the place to post... I'm just not convinced that this MOD is causing the problems that I, myself, encountered.
azra

Post by azra »

Where can I find the edits for the MorpheusX style?

They should be on phpbbstyles.com but the site isnt working. Are the edits anywhere else? Or any ideas when phpbbstyles.com will be back up?

http://phpbbstyles.com/viewtopic.php?p=41265
azra :D
TerraFrost
Former Team Member

Post by TerraFrost »

You can view that thread to an extent with Google Cache:

http://209.85.215.104/search?q=cache:ww ... 3D30#41265

No idea when phpbbstyles.com will be back up.
azra

Post by azra »

thnx

how can i see the other pages in that topic?
azra

Post by azra »

I've installed this and its great

For some reason, the Date of Birth option when editing ones profile does not show up unless I make it a required field. I've checked all of the files but I dont know where I could have gone wrong. Why doesnt the field show up if I make it an optional field? :?

Also, how can I take out the option Send Birthday Greetings via when editing ones profile but automatically send an email greeting when it is someones birthday? If there's no way to do that, how can I have "email" selected on default?
TerraFrost
Former Team Member

Post by TerraFrost »

Sorry for not replying to your earlier post.

Anyway...
azra wrote:For some reason, the Date of Birth option when editing ones profile does not show up unless I make it a required field. I've checked all of the files but I dont know where I could have gone wrong. Why doesnt the field show up if I make it an optional field? :?
I can't really say without being able to atleast see your board. What's the URL?
Also, how can I take out the option Send Birthday Greetings via when editing ones profile but automatically send an email greeting when it is someones birthday? If there's no way to do that, how can I have "email" selected on default?
This'll do that:

#
#
includes/usercp_register.php
#
#
	$birthday_greeting = ( isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['bday_greeting']) ) ? intval($HTTP_POST_VARS['bday_greeting']) : 0;
#
#
	$birthday_greeting = BIRTHDAY_EMAIL;
#
#
templates/subSilver/profile_add_body.tpl
#
#	<!-- BEGIN birthdays_greeting -->
	<tr>
	  <td class="row1"><span class="gen">{L_BDAY_SEND_GREETING}:</span><br /><span class="gensmall">{L_BDAY_SEND_GREETING_EXPLAIN}</span></td>
	  <td class="row2"><span class="gen">
		  <input type="radio" name="bday_greeting" value="0" {BDAY_NONE_ENABLED} /> {L_NONE}&nbsp;&nbsp;
		  <!-- BEGIN birthdays_email -->
		  <input type="radio" name="bday_greeting" value="{BDAY_EMAIL}" {BDAY_EMAIL_ENABLED} /> {L_EMAIL}&nbsp;&nbsp;
		  <!-- END birthdays_email -->
		  <!-- BEGIN birthdays_pm -->
		  <input type="radio" name="bday_greeting" value="{BDAY_PM}" {BDAY_PM_ENABLED} /> {L_PM}&nbsp;&nbsp;
		  <!-- END birthdays_pm -->
		  <!-- BEGIN birthdays_popup -->
		  <input type="radio" name="bday_greeting" value="{BDAY_POPUP}" {BDAY_POPUP_ENABLED} /> {L_POPUP}&nbsp;&nbsp;
		  <!-- END birthdays_popup -->
	  </span></td>
	</tr>
	<!-- END birthdays_greeting -->
#
#

azra

Post by azra »

TerraFrost wrote:Sorry for not replying to your earlier post.
Not to worry :)
TerraFrost wrote:Anyway...
azra wrote:For some reason, the Date of Birth option when editing ones profile does not show up unless I make it a required field. I've checked all of the files but I dont know where I could have gone wrong. Why doesnt the field show up if I make it an optional field? :?
I can't really say without being able to atleast see your board. What's the URL?
It's okay, I've rather keep that field required, but thanks anyway! ;)
TerraFrost wrote:
This'll do that:

#
#
includes/usercp_register.php
#
#
	$birthday_greeting = ( isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['bday_greeting']) ) ? intval($HTTP_POST_VARS['bday_greeting']) : 0;
#
#
	$birthday_greeting = BIRTHDAY_EMAIL;
#
#
templates/subSilver/profile_add_body.tpl
#
#	<!-- BEGIN birthdays_greeting -->
	<tr>
	  <td class="row1"><span class="gen">{L_BDAY_SEND_GREETING}:</span><br /><span class="gensmall">{L_BDAY_SEND_GREETING_EXPLAIN}</span></td>
	  <td class="row2"><span class="gen">
		  <input type="radio" name="bday_greeting" value="0" {BDAY_NONE_ENABLED} /> {L_NONE}&nbsp;&nbsp;
		  <!-- BEGIN birthdays_email -->
		  <input type="radio" name="bday_greeting" value="{BDAY_EMAIL}" {BDAY_EMAIL_ENABLED} /> {L_EMAIL}&nbsp;&nbsp;
		  <!-- END birthdays_email -->
		  <!-- BEGIN birthdays_pm -->
		  <input type="radio" name="bday_greeting" value="{BDAY_PM}" {BDAY_PM_ENABLED} /> {L_PM}&nbsp;&nbsp;
		  <!-- END birthdays_pm -->
		  <!-- BEGIN birthdays_popup -->
		  <input type="radio" name="bday_greeting" value="{BDAY_POPUP}" {BDAY_POPUP_ENABLED} /> {L_POPUP}&nbsp;&nbsp;
		  <!-- END birthdays_popup -->
	  </span></td>
	</tr>
	<!-- END birthdays_greeting -->
#
#

Just to confirm, that will remove the "send birthday greeting" field in edit profile and register, but it will still send them an email greeting when it is their birthday?

Thanks again.
TerraFrost
Former Team Member

Post by TerraFrost »

azra wrote:Just to confirm, that will remove the "send birthday greeting" field in edit profile and register, but it will still send them an email greeting when it is their birthday?

Thanks again.
Yup. Although users who are already registered will need to update their profile (ie. change their signature, the theme, whatever) for the change to take effect.
azra

Post by azra »

oh, i see. thanks! :D
Sethernis

Post by Sethernis »

A problem.If i try to edit my profile i don't see 2 additional birthday fields:

Date of Birth Public Display Options and Send Birthday Greetings via ... fields.

If i edit my profile via administration panel i see these 2 options.How can i add them to normall edit profile?
Sethernis

Post by Sethernis »

I fixed the problem.
Rikonen

Post by Rikonen »

Does it works on phpBB 2.0.23???

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”