Disable Board Message

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
67%
Very Good
25%
Good
8%
Fair
No votes
Poor
No votes

Total votes: 12

AOCpzck

Re:

Post by AOCpzck » Mon May 21, 2007 6:57 am

FragInc wrote:I have attempted this MOD but it doesn't seem to work. I get the default BB disabled message.

The SQL entry seems quite vague. I've attempted both of these but to no avail.

TYPE: text

Type:varchar

Some clarification would be appreciated. I do not have any other BB message MOD's installed.
This is the first MOD that hasn't worked for me. :?
sorry pal, but you did it wrong. delete those two instances and add them by clicking INSERT at the top of your phpmyadmin page.

raygene

Re:

Post by raygene » Mon May 21, 2007 6:22 pm

Also, if I understand correctly, Admin can still access the board while disabled to users?

No, you'll have to install this one first and then apply an additional MOD from the contrib/ directory of this one.
Wonderful, I'll give it a try but was wondering, why do I have to install the Mod you link to? I thought that yours had both functions covered, first install Disable Board Message and then Admin Overide from the contrib folder.

Thanks,
Gene

raygene

Re: [2.0.19] Disable Board Message

Post by raygene » Tue May 22, 2007 8:51 pm

Installed both mods (Disable Message and Admin Override) and everything works great.

Thanks,
Gene

-scrubs.cF

Post by -scrubs.cF » Wed May 23, 2007 8:50 am

hello , i installed the mod but i have a lil problem viewing it in the acp.
this is how it looks like :

The code i have

Code: Select all

<td class="row1" align="right"><span class="explaintitle">{L_VISUAL_CONFIRM}&nbsp;:&nbsp;</span><br /><span class="gensmall">{L_VISUAL_CONFIRM_EXPLAIN}</span></td>
					<td class="row2">
						<table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">
							<tr>
								<td><input type="radio" name="enable_confirm" id="enable_confirm_yes" value="1" {CONFIRM_ENABLE} /></td>
								<td><label for="enable_confirm_yes">{L_YES}</label>&nbsp;</td>
								<td><input type="radio" name="enable_confirm" id="enable_confirm_no" value="0" {CONFIRM_DISABLE} /></td>
								<td><label for="enable_confirm_no">{L_NO}</label></td>
							</tr>

<tr>
		<td class="row1">{L_DISABLED_CAPTION}</td>
		<td class="row2"><input class="post" type="text" size="30" maxlength="100" name="board_disable_caption" value="{DISABLED_CAPTION}" /></td>
	</tr>
	<tr>
		<td class="row1">{L_DISABLED_TEXT}<br /></td>
		<td class="row2"><textarea name="board_disable_text" rows="5" cols="30" maxlength="255">{DISABLED_TEXT}</textarea></td>
	</tr>
Can onyone correct this for me ?

damnian

Post by damnian » Wed May 23, 2007 2:03 pm

Try replacing with:

Code: Select all

<td class="row1" align="right"><span class="explaintitle">{L_VISUAL_CONFIRM}&nbsp;:&nbsp;</span><br /><span class="gensmall">{L_VISUAL_CONFIRM_EXPLAIN}</span></td>
                   <td class="row2">
                      <table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">
                         <tr>
                            <td><input type="radio" name="enable_confirm" id="enable_confirm_yes" value="1" {CONFIRM_ENABLE} /></td>
                            <td><label for="enable_confirm_yes">{L_YES}</label>&nbsp;</td>
                            <td><input type="radio" name="enable_confirm" id="enable_confirm_no" value="0" {CONFIRM_DISABLE} /></td>
                            <td><label for="enable_confirm_no">{L_NO}</label></td>
                         </tr>
                      </table>
                   </td>
       </tr>
       <tr>
          <td class="row1">{L_DISABLED_CAPTION}</td>
          <td class="row2"><input class="post" type="text" size="30" maxlength="100" name="board_disable_caption" value="{DISABLED_CAPTION}" /></td>
       </tr>
       <tr>
          <td class="row1">{L_DISABLED_TEXT}<br /></td>
          <td class="row2"><textarea name="board_disable_text" rows="5" cols="30" maxlength="255">{DISABLED_TEXT}</textarea></td>
       </tr>
I no longer develop for phpBB. Check out my .NET blog!

-scrubs.cF

Post by -scrubs.cF » Wed May 23, 2007 9:58 pm

Thank you i will try it out later. :mrgreen:

TerraFrost
Former Team Member

Disable Board Message

Post by TerraFrost » Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:20 pm

MOD Updated to version 1.4.2
See first post for Download Link

E.Isolation

Re: Disable Board Message

Post by E.Isolation » Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:59 am

Can't get this one working. Everything looks right with the file changes, and I ran the SQL query without incident. The fields to input the information are visible in the control panel, but I keep getting the standard board unavailable message. When I return to the control panel, the input fields are blank again.
I am using phpBB 2.0.23. Is this mod not compatible with that version? Don't know what else the problem could be.

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”