[2.0.18] Simple Mod Resize Images

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
55%
Very Good
20%
Good
15%
Fair
No votes
Poor
10%

Total votes: 20

Extensions Robot
Extensions Robot
Extensions Robot

[2.0.18] Simple Mod Resize Images

Post by Extensions Robot » Thu Dec 08, 2005 11:36 am

MOD Name: Simple Mod Resize Images
Author: sancious
MOD Description: This simple MOD autoresize images too large in post and add a link to view images in original size in new window.

MOD Version: 1.1.0

Download File: SMR_mod_v110.zip
mods overview page: View
File Size: 1637 Bytes

Security Score: 0

Support for this MOD needs to be asked within this topic. The phpBB Teams are not responsible or required to give anyone support for this MOD. By installing this MOD, the phpBB Support Team or phpBB MODifications Team may not be able to provide support.

This MOD has only been tested by the phpBB MOD Team with the phpBB version in the topic title. It may not work in any other versions of phpBB.
Last edited by Extensions Robot on Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
(this is a non-active account manager for the phpBB Extension Customisations Team)

wGEric
Former Team Member
Name: Eric Faerber

Post by wGEric » Sat Dec 17, 2005 5:51 pm

MOD Validated/Released

Notes:
This MOD uses Javascript to resize images posted on your board so that they don't stretch the page out. It also adds a link to view the image in its full size.
Eric

Eddy Kiprich

Post by Eddy Kiprich » Sat Dec 31, 2005 2:35 pm

Excellent, this was just the mod I was looking for... :)

Eddy Kiprich

Post by Eddy Kiprich » Sun Jan 01, 2006 9:35 pm

I read about it on the forum; but also with this mod we are facing problems with the mod. After placing this mod suddenly some images will not lode. After refreshing (F5)it improves. But I don't understand why this mod affects other images.

jessan

Post by jessan » Thu Jan 19, 2006 1:35 am

Didnt work. Nothing happens

Eddy Kiprich

Post by Eddy Kiprich » Mon Jan 23, 2006 11:51 am

Still suffer the problem that the mod DOES work, but a lot of times pictures in topics are not shown. Refreshing (F5) will show the pictures which weren't visible the first time.
What to do?

Femma

Post by Femma » Mon Jan 23, 2006 8:55 pm

jessan wrote: Didnt work. Nothing happens

Same here, did not work.

fusioncon

Post by fusioncon » Wed Feb 01, 2006 4:41 pm

Eddy Kiprich wrote: Still suffer the problem that the mod DOES work, but a lot of times pictures in topics are not shown. Refreshing (F5) will show the pictures which weren't visible the first time.
What to do?

same experience here, any thoughts?

MHobbit
Former Team Member

Post by MHobbit » Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:14 pm

Since the MOD uses JavaScript, you should check to see if your browser supports JavaScript ("supports" also including "is enabled").

Since the code is put into overall_header.tpl, you should note that the resize images feature will apply to all images. The not loading bit seems to be different, however. It may just be your Internet connection.
Former phpBB MOD Team member
No private support is offered.
"There’s too many things to get done, and I’m running out of days..."

TheSa|nt

Post by TheSa|nt » Thu Feb 02, 2006 8:02 pm

How can you get it to *only* link the image to the file *if* the file gets resized. Becasuse for me, all [img]'s in posts are now linked to the files regardless of if it had to be resized or now. I only want it to link if it gets resized.

BTW, great mod ;)

Eddy Kiprich

Post by Eddy Kiprich » Sat Feb 04, 2006 11:24 pm

MennoniteHobbit wrote: Since the MOD uses JavaScript, you should check to see if your browser supports JavaScript ("supports" also including "is enabled").

Since the code is put into overall_header.tpl, you should note that the resize images feature will apply to all images. The not loading bit seems to be different, however. It may just be your Internet connection.

My laptop supports javascript and it is enabled. Also I think that every user on our forum suffers missing pictures. Only with a refresh (F5) the pictures will return.

nycore

Post by nycore » Thu Feb 09, 2006 2:47 am

Does this resize based on some preset width or is it adjustable by admin? I dont see any admin files edited. No admin adjustability?

PerlAddict

Post by PerlAddict » Fri Feb 10, 2006 3:32 am

I'm still using this mod: http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.ph ... sc&start=0

Haven't had any user's complain, but apparently it has some glitches in some non-IE browsers. All our users are on IE or Firefox as far as I know, so I guess they're happy.

You might want to check out his newer mod, mw3, and see how if that still works and can be adapted: http://www.christianfecteau.com/phpBB2/ ... 11&style=1

Me, I'll still happy with his "rmw" mod, so I figured if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

PerlAddict

Post by PerlAddict » Fri Feb 10, 2006 3:53 am

It drives me batty that mod writers write and rewrite the same functionality as each other over and over and it's all meshed into one huge forum with no real organization (and the search function can't search for the string "2.0.19" so you can find all the current mods).

Here's another image resize mod, currently capatible with phpBB v. 2.0.19: http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.ph ... 43&start=0

PamRamRadio

Post by PamRamRadio » Fri Feb 10, 2006 9:49 pm

This mod works well for me with one problem. It is resizing the signature banners and killing the hotspot behind them.

*edit* I was able to change the setting in the js file, so my only problem is the interrupted hotspot.
RAM Radio
Playing today's traditional country and bluegrass side-by-side with the pioneers...Listen to the circle...Unbroken!

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”