Page 3 of 7

Posted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 5:57 pm
by ixl
Hi mate, My fault

I posted after downloading the 1.0 mod thinking it was the same thread, yet found 1.3 !! :roll: :twisted: .... praps you want to delete that one?

I only found 1.3 after id done all the 1.0 install, which states 20mins.

My style is subgrey, but the same really applies reallly, I cant see how subsilver really differs in the bold control, it should be the same.....


But anyway. Your goal is fine, but not for me. Whole point of a profile is (IMHO) to provide some private info. Sigs are for sigs, not for x-fire info... it just clogs up thread posts with laods of imagary....

Posted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 11:26 pm
by ChrisXPPro
xann wrote: I edited exactly If I remember adn made the msql table in users "user_xfi" but i shows the xfire menus as just ":" and doesnt save or show buttons.

They only show up if I go into the admin CP and set it there.


ive got the same thing " : "
how do i do the whole SQL part i dont know that to do there

Posted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 4:53 am
by Reign_Of_Chaos
nice job. this mod works awesome with the subBlack theme (just modify the files in the subBlack dir instead of subSilver) I have also created icons to match subBlacks theme for Xfire. get em here if you like

Posted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 10:37 am
by master2004134
ChrisXPPro wrote:
xann wrote:I edited exactly If I remember adn made the msql table in users "user_xfi" but i shows the xfire menus as just ":" and doesnt save or show buttons.

They only show up if I go into the admin CP and set it there.


ive got the same thing " : "
how do i do the whole SQL part i dont know that to do there


The updated version of the mod has this fix! :wink:
I would use EasyMOD to install it though.

Posted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 7:24 am
by ChrisXPPro
i want to do the intermediet one, i spent around 4+ hours making the buttton and editing all the files!

Posted: Tue May 09, 2006 7:00 pm
by ChrisXPPro
so can anyone help me out???

Doesnt work for me

Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 6:32 pm
by greekdish
Using Easymod, and it doesnt install at all. Latest version of phpbb. :(

Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 1:07 pm
by Statesman
I installed this manually and went over everything a few times to make sure that there was no errors and luckily there wasnt.

I then posted on my forum to test this mod out and no errors showed except one and that is the icons don't show anymore this includes msn/yim and www etc but the stuff is as it should be in the profile.

Whats gone wrong and how do I fix it?

FYI im using the latest phpBB.

Posted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 4:56 am
by troycicle
I've made an improved version that fixes the original xfire_messenger.txt guide. I just replaced it, and kept the old files. You can download it here:

http://www.bilgerats.com/downloads/Xfir ... 3fixed.zip

Posted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 3:51 pm
by Mondego
i apologize for the lack of responding. for some dumb reason i don't get emails anymore when someone responds to this topic, which i marked to 'watch'.

if you are seeing a ":" in your pages, than you have missed a step.

ChrisXPPro, if you are still having trouble with the SQL, i recommend phpmyadmin, you can paste the query in there and it'll update your tables for you. i don't know how your webserver is set up or what programs you have installed there, but find the one that'll let you make an sql query, and copy it in there.

FYI, these buttons don't go in your sig. the messenger buttons aren't part of your sig. they are a part of your post. if you didn't want them to show up on viewtopic.php, than i assume you must have modified the rest of it to also not let anyone see anyone elses's AIM, MSN, etc.

troycicle, what exactly needed "fixing" in my guide? any fixes will force the mod to "deviate" it from showing up like the rest of the messenger programs, un-unifying your template. or was it the newer version of phpbb2 that this is may no longer be compatable?

Posted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 4:09 am
by troycicle
Everything is the same except the xfire_messenger.txt. Download my fixed version, and you'll see.

Installed here:

www.bilgerats.com/forum

Posted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 11:35 pm
by Lukage
I've been able to install this before....I'm using EasyMod to help myself along here. I added the field to my MySQL database and everything else went fine. Right after "Processing completed successfully!" and I click the next step, this is what I see:

Code: Select all

Warning: main(../includes/sql/sql_parser.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/.greymalkin/lukage/gb2gt.com/forum/admin/admin_easymod.php on line 3030

Warning: main(../includes/sql/sql_parser.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/.greymalkin/lukage/gb2gt.com/forum/admin/admin_easymod.php on line 3030
I do not have a directory "/includes/sql" to see what this problem is on line 3030 (No, the error is not in easymod.php, as it only goes to line 1800-something) Thanks!

Bug, workaround, and an addition!

Posted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 4:39 pm
by NeoPhoenixTE
I was having a bit of trouble installing this thing via easyMod.

Code: Select all

Critical Error

FIND FAILED: In file [viewtopic.php] could not find:

$sql = "SELECT u.username, u.user_id, u.user_posts, u.user_from, u.user_website, 
When I open viewtopic.php itself, I find it at 391, but I also notice something of interest:

Code: Select all

$sql = "SELECT u.username, u.user_id, u.user_posts, u.user_custom_title, u.user_from, u.user_website, [...] 
Seems that if the custom title mod is installed, it causes this mod to screw up. A good heads up for those who are trying to make this sucker work.


I did manage to work around this glitch by making the modifications manually, and then removing that portion of the txt file that had screwed up. I then re-ran EasyMOD and it installed no problem.

And after I had found my way around it, I even found some additions to this mod that you are more than welcome to incorporate into a re-release. I managed to get an xfire mini-profile working in the user's profile page.

Example: http://immortal.gryvon.net/forums/profi ... rofile&u=2


Here's the entire code I did. It's not EasyMOD Compatable, but it's complete.

Code: Select all

OPEN includes/usercp_viewprofile.php

FIND
$xfi =  '<a href="http://www.xfire.com/xf/modules.php?name=XFire&file=profile&uname=' . $profiledata['user_xfi'] . '">' . $lang['XFI'] . '</a>';

AFTER, ADD
$xfi_profile = '<a href="http://www.xfire.com/xf/modules.php?name=XFire&file=profile&uname=' . $profiledata['user_xfi'] . '"><img src="http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sf/type/0/' . $profiledata['user_xfi'] . '.png" alt="' . $lang['XFI_PROFILE'] . '" title="' . $lang['XFI_PROFILE'] . '" border="0" /></a>'; // Xfire MOD Profile Addon by Will Wallingford


FIND
$xfi = '&nbsp;';

AFTER, ADD
$xfi_profile = '&nbsp;'; // Xfire MOD Profile Addon by Will Wallingford


FIND
'XFI' => $xfi, // XFire MOD by Chris Weidert

ADTER, ADD
'XFI_PROFILE' => $xfi_profile, // XFire MOD Profile AddOn by Will Wallingford

CLOSE usercp_viewprofile.php

OPEN language/lang_english/lang_main.php

FIND
$lang['XFIRE'] = 'XFire'; // XFire MOD by Chris Weidert // for groupcp.php

AFTER, ADD
$lang['XFI_PROFILE'] = 'XFire Profile'; //XFire MOD Profile Addon by Will Wallingford

CLOSE lang_main.php

OPEN templates/subSilver/profile_view_body.tpl

FIND
		<tr> 
		  <td valign="top" align="right" nowrap="nowrap"><span class="gen">{L_INTERESTS}:</span></td>
		  <td> <b><span class="gen">{INTERESTS}</span></b></td>
		</tr>

AFTER, ADD
// Begin XFire Mod Profile Addon by Will Wallingford
		<tr> 
		  <td valign="top" align="left" nowrap="nowrap" colspan="2"><span class="gen">{XFI_PROFILE}</span></td>
		  <td> <b><span class="gen">&nbsp;</span></b></td>
		</tr>
// End XFire Mod Profile Addon by Will Wallingford
Don't mind the self-crediting, but, every person has to leave their mark, no? ;)

Awesome mod, though! Thanks for putting it together. My users will appreciate it being integrated.

Re: Bug, workaround, and an addition!

Posted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 2:12 am
by Mondego
Lukage wrote: I've been able to install this before....I'm using EasyMod to help myself along here. I added the field to my MySQL database and everything else went fine. Right after "Processing completed successfully!" and I click the next step, this is what I see:

Code: Select all

Warning: main(../includes/sql/sql_parser.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/.greymalkin/lukage/gb2gt.com/forum/admin/admin_easymod.php on line 3030

Warning: main(../includes/sql/sql_parser.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/.greymalkin/lukage/gb2gt.com/forum/admin/admin_easymod.php on line 3030
I do not have a directory "/includes/sql" to see what this problem is on line 3030 (No, the error is not in easymod.php, as it only goes to line 1800-something) Thanks!


lukage, are you still having this problem? i forgot what triggers this, i can look into it if you still need (and i'll try to get my email notifications working)

NeoPhoenixTE wrote: I was having a bit of trouble installing this thing via easyMod.

Code: Select all

Critical Error

FIND FAILED: In file [viewtopic.php] could not find:

$sql = "SELECT u.username, u.user_id, u.user_posts, u.user_from, u.user_website, 
When I open viewtopic.php itself, I find it at 391, but I also notice something of interest:

Code: Select all

$sql = "SELECT u.username, u.user_id, u.user_posts, u.user_custom_title, u.user_from, u.user_website, [...] 
Seems that if the custom title mod is installed, it causes this mod to screw up. A good heads up for those who are trying to make this sucker work.


I did manage to work around this glitch by making the modifications manually, and then removing that portion of the txt file that had screwed up. I then re-ran EasyMOD and it installed no problem.

And after I had found my way around it, I even found some additions to this mod that you are more than welcome to incorporate into a re-release. I managed to get an xfire mini-profile working in the user's profile page.

Awesome mod, though! Thanks for putting it together. My users will appreciate it being integrated.


ah, if you have other custom mods installed, and the modifications are early enough in that line of code, easymod will not be able to find a match. best thing to do, is apply mod changes to the last-most part in the line.

i left out the miniprofile because i wanted this to look seemlessly "official". adding a miniprofile would apply undeserved weight to the X-Fire feature. i believe there's already a mod out there that adds this.

and thanks for the praise :)

-mondego

Posted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 2:16 am
by Taragon
Hello,

First of all, thanks a lot for creating this mod.
I'm using it for phpbb2 plus myself, but it does everything it should like a charm!
For a working example see 'http://www.die16-clan.com/forum' and look out for a post by '[DIE16]Taragon'

Also here lies my question. Somehow the spacing between the icons didn't go as planned.
At 'http://www.die16-clan.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2440' (first message) you can see the spacing between the icons -in this case between the msn icon and the xfire icon- isn't the way it should.

As a beginner with php I was hoping you could assist in which file I could edit.
phpbb or phpbb2 plus, this file should be the same, but silly enough I'm overlooking it :oops:

Many thanks for reading anyway!

Regards,

Taragon