[01/12/06] Spam Words

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
76%
Very Good
13%
Good
6%
Fair
No votes
Poor
4%

Total votes: 68

Joe Belmaati

Post by Joe Belmaati »

That is a bug that was addressed a few pages back.

dishdiva,
there are many good articles on this site about how to install mods. I would encourage you to read them.

truepunk,
AFAIK the only diff. between CHAR and VARCHAR is that CHAR sets the character limit to a value where VARCHAR uses only the characters it needs. CHAR uses more db space but executes faster...

Billy2423,
that does not look like code from the general distribution. Looks like something from a small add on.
alosito2

Post by alosito2 »

Joe Belmaati wrote: That is a bug that was addressed a few pages back.
alosito2 wrote:Why do I get the following error every time I delete flagged messages?
Could not get post ID

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 3

SELECT MAX(post_id) AS last_post, COUNT(post_id) AS total FROM phpbb_posts WHERE forum_id =

Line : 201
File : functions_admin.php

I went through all 36 pages, and I couldn't find the answer. Could you please give me the page number on which you addressed this issue or maybe the message number?
Joe Belmaati

Post by Joe Belmaati »

Ooops this was something I addressed in a PM to someone.

OPEN admin/admin_spamwords_flagged.php

FIND

Code: Select all

$flagged_forums = array_unique($flagged_forums);
REPLACE WITH

Code: Select all

//   $flagged_forums = array_unique($flagged_forums);
mmantei

Re: [01/12/06] Spam Words

Post by mmantei »

This will seem like a dumb question, but where can I download this MOD? I've tried the link at the beginning of the thread, but it just brings up a page saying that it is an "ex-parrot" and to try using the search. I would love to try it out, but need to actually download it first.

Thanks,
M
Paul
Infrastructure Team Leader
Infrastructure Team Leader
Name: Paul Sohier

Post by Paul »

mmantei wrote: This will seem like a dumb question, but where can I download this MOD? I've tried the link at the beginning of the thread, but it just brings up a page saying that it is an "ex-parrot" and to try using the search. I would love to try it out, but need to actually download it first.

Thanks,
M

Please read the announcments in this forum ;)
karmica

Post by karmica »

this is my first mod and i'm having trouble with it. I'd really appreciate any help I can get.

1. I'm not sure if I did the first step correctly. I uploaded the db_update.php file into the mail folder of my forum and put that url in my browser.
When I did that, it went to my login page.
"...forum/login.php?redirect=db_update.php"

was that what it's supposed to do?
If you are going to run the SQL manually, then please
## remember to add your table prefix if other than phpbb_. For all intents and purposes it is probably easier to just run the root/db_update.php file. Upload it to your phpBB root directory and call it in your browser - then delete it.

2. Maybe this is a result of my first mistake. Here are the errors I have when I finished editing all the files.

at the main url:
SQL Error : 1054 Unknown column 'p.post_flagged' in 'field list'

SELECT f.*, p.post_time, p.post_username, p.post_flagged, u.username, u.user_id FROM (( phpbb_forums f LEFT JOIN phpbb_posts p ON p.post_id = f.forum_last_post_id ) LEFT JOIN phpbb_users u ON u.user_id = p.poster_id ) ORDER BY f.cat_id, f.forum_order

Line : 170
File : index.php

at the viewforum.php url:
SQL Error : 1054 Unknown column 'p.post_flagged' in 'where clause'

SELECT t.*, u.username, u.user_id, u2.username as user2, u2.user_id as id2, p.post_username, p2.post_username AS post_username2, p2.post_time FROM phpbb_topics t, phpbb_users u, phpbb_posts p, phpbb_posts p2, phpbb_users u2 WHERE t.forum_id = 1 AND t.topic_poster = u.user_id AND p.post_id = t.topic_first_post_id AND p2.post_id = t.topic_last_post_id AND u2.user_id = p2.poster_id AND t.topic_type <> 2 AND p.post_flagged <> 1 ORDER BY t.topic_type DESC, t.topic_last_post_id DESC LIMIT 0, 50

Line : 328
File : viewforum.php
[/quote][/quote][/quote]

I know it says that i can enter the SQL table manually but i have no idea how to go about doing that. :(
Six Sigma Teacher

Post by Six Sigma Teacher »

karmica,

This MOD installs easily with something called EasyMod, information about which can be found here:

http://area51.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewforum.php?sid=&f=15

First, you will install EasyMOD by following those directions, then you will use EasyMOD to install Spamwords.

It will not require any editing of files or modifications of databases - it is very easy!
karmica

Post by karmica »

SST, thanks for that tip! I just used it now :D
kwikone

Re: [01/12/06] Spam Words Unable to download

Post by kwikone »

When I click on the link to download it all I get is a 404 Not found. :cry:
karmica

Re: [01/12/06] Spam Words Unable to download

Post by karmica »

go to the announcements at the top of this page and click on:
IMPORTANT: How to securely download MODs while the database is unavailable

I didn't realize this before either.
kwikone wrote: When I click on the link to download it all I get is a 404 Not found. :cry:
Raimon
Former Team Member
Name: Raimon Meuldijk

Post by Raimon »

Here you have the direct url to the MOD: http://www.phpbb.com/files/mods/spamwords_1.1.3.zip
Need phpBB installation, extenstions, Styles or integrate phpBB with you website?
Contact me @ www.raimon.nl for fair prices and good service!
microchemicals

Spam Words and Resync

Post by microchemicals »

Hello,

I implemented the Spam Words mod in our forum an now have a problem (since I also implemented some other mods, I cannot say if the problem started with Spam Words, but it seems to be connected with the Spam Words mod). All functions of the Spam Words mod work perfectly, but after deleting flagged posts in the admin panel:

1) The post counters in the forum (number of total posts as well as the number of posts in the forum the flagged post has been posted) keep to the values they got WITH the 'spam posts'.

2) The date of the last post in each forum from where a flagged post has been deleted goes to 'Thu 01 Jan, 1970 01:00'.

One solution is to click the 'resync' button in the admin panel for each forum from where a flagged post has been deleted. However, doing this every day costs some time ...

Is there any way out?

One more hint: Some time ago, I re-installed our forum onto a new domain. I started with a 'fresh' set of the 2.0.22 forum files, and very carefully added the mods. The problems started when I imported the old database, so I assume the problem being in the database, not in the forum files.

Thank you very much for your assistance!
Joe Belmaati

Post by Joe Belmaati »

Hi,
there are solutions for all your questions a couple of pages back in this topic.
microchemicals

Post by microchemicals »

Hello,

do you mean the resync.php? After running it, everything ist fine (time, counters) - for the moment. Deleting the next flagged post in the admin panel appearing in the forum brings back the problems described (time-travel, wrong counter). So, is it neccessary to run the resync.php file continuously instead of fixing some trouble in the database once and for all?

As I understand, the install_extra.mod should have nothing to do with the problem, since it impacts on the counters before a flagged post is deleted, not after?

Maybe you give me a short hint where to find the solution in this topic - I aleady went through all 36 pages, maybe I don't exactly know what to search for ... Thank you for your assistance!
Joe Belmaati

Post by Joe Belmaati »

I think one of the fixes show how to apply the resync when the flagged posts are purged.

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”