Page 19 of 43

Posted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 9:17 pm
by Mistoffeles
Having a little problem with my phpbb ater installing this mod, when I try to add a forum it generates this error:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Couldn't insert row in forums table

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1136 Column count doesn't match value count at row 1

INSERT INTO phpbb_forums (forum_id, forum_name, cat_id, forum_desc, forum_order, forum_status, prune_enable, auth_view, auth_read, auth_post, auth_reply, auth_edit, auth_delete, auth_sticky, auth_announce, auth_vote, auth_pollcreate) VALUES ('20', '2007', 2, 'Discussion of the 2007 tournament and announcements from the organizers. ', 30, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 1, 3, 3, 1, 1, 0, allow_spam_words)

Line : 412
File : admin_forums.php

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As you can see, the fields added to the "values" part of the SQL statement have not been added to the list of fields to be inserted.

Posted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 7:29 am
by Joe Belmaati
Mistoffeles wrote: Having a little problem with my phpbb ater installing this mod, when I try to add a forum it generates this error:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Couldn't insert row in forums table

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1136 Column count doesn't match value count at row 1

INSERT INTO phpbb_forums (forum_id, forum_name, cat_id, forum_desc, forum_order, forum_status, prune_enable, auth_view, auth_read, auth_post, auth_reply, auth_edit, auth_delete, auth_sticky, auth_announce, auth_vote, auth_pollcreate) VALUES ('20', '2007', 2, 'Discussion of the 2007 tournament and announcements from the organizers. ', 30, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 1, 3, 3, 1, 1, 0, allow_spam_words)

Line : 412
File : admin_forums.php

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As you can see, the fields added to the "values" part of the SQL statement have not been added to the list of fields to be inserted.


You have edited the line wrongly. Please go over the installation for that edit one more time (allow_spam_words) is not supposed to be inside the VALUES parenthesis.

Posted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 4:22 am
by nims
Hi looks like a great MOD. Can we replace urls and email addresses in the posts using this MOD. If yes how ?

Thanks :)

Posted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 5:27 am
by Joe Belmaati
nims wrote: Hi looks like a great MOD. Can we replace urls and email addresses in the posts using this MOD. If yes how ?

Thanks :)
No, but you can do that with the word censor that comes standard with phpBB.

Posted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 7:08 am
by nims
OK is it possible to restrict phone numbers like I need to check if someone has typed 5 ( or 6 or whatever ) consecutive numbers and they shud be replaced.

Posted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:03 am
by Joe Belmaati
You don't need an elaborate MOD like this one to do this (BTW, this MOD does not replace anything - it tracks the message against admin-defined words and either rejects the message or it flags and hides it, depending on what admin has chosen). I suggest you start a topic in the MOD requests forum for replacing the phone numbers. If noone bites I will write it for you.

Posted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:37 pm
by Mistoffeles
nvm, found the problem and the reason why it was there.

nvm that, it made it even worse, and completely broke my forums. details follow in a few minutes in my next post.

Posted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:52 pm
by Mistoffeles
Joe Belmaati wrote:
Mistoffeles wrote:Having a little problem with my phpbb ater installing this mod, when I try to add a forum it generates this error:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Couldn't insert row in forums table

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1136 Column count doesn't match value count at row 1

INSERT INTO phpbb_forums (forum_id, forum_name, cat_id, forum_desc, forum_order, forum_status, prune_enable, auth_view, auth_read, auth_post, auth_reply, auth_edit, auth_delete, auth_sticky, auth_announce, auth_vote, auth_pollcreate) VALUES ('20', '2007', 2, 'Discussion of the 2007 tournament and announcements from the organizers. ', 30, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 1, 3, 3, 1, 1, 0, allow_spam_words)

Line : 412
File : admin_forums.php

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As you can see, the fields added to the "values" part of the SQL statement have not been added to the list of fields to be inserted.


You have edited the line wrongly. Please go over the installation for that edit one more time (allow_spam_words) is not supposed to be inside the VALUES parenthesis.


As you can see if you read the entire original error, there are three more fields in your version of the admin_forums.php file on lines 408 and 409, so your suggestion regarding one single field being moved out of the parenthesis would not only not account for the three fields, but also create an invalid SQL statement.

Posted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 5:32 am
by Nothing is easy
Joe Belmaati wrote:
nims wrote:Hi looks like a great MOD. Can we replace urls and email addresses in the posts using this MOD. If yes how ?

Thanks :)
No, but you can do that with the word censor that comes standard with phpBB.


Just a word of warning though. Even though Word Censor can change a url to say something other than the original url name, if the person clicks on the replacement text it will stll take them to the original url that you tried to replace.

Also url's inside [url= code do not get replaced by Word Censor.

Posted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 7:19 am
by Joe Belmaati
Mistoffeles wrote: As you can see if you read the entire original error, there are three more fields in your version of the admin_forums.php file on lines 408 and 409, so your suggestion regarding one single field being moved out of the parenthesis would not only not account for the three fields, but also create an invalid SQL statement.


Seriously, your problems are a product of sloppy editing. Go back over the instructions one more time. Your problems do not stem from the fact that the install file is buggy, in which case everyone else would be having the problems you're having. In-line editing can be tricky which is why using Easy MOD is a better idea for installing this MOD.

Your line should be something like this:

Code: Select all

, auth_pollcreate, allow_spam_word)
As you can see, you have added not added the field in the insert statement. Instead you have added in the field in the values line which is why the column count does not match.

Posted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 10:09 am
by mrrobbit
Joe, thanks for the update, it certainly getting better.

I have a couple of suggestions for the next version if possible?

1. In the log listing, would it be possible to have an option to add logged words and user names to the banned words/users list?

2. Be able to export/import the spam word lists so we can share them with everyone?

Thanks

Posted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 10:13 am
by Joe Belmaati
mrrobbit wrote: Joe, thanks for the update, it certainly getting better.

I have a couple of suggestions for the next version if possible?

1. In the log listing, would it be possible to have an option to add logged words and user names to the banned words/users list?

2. Be able to export/import the spam word lists so we can share them with everyone?

Thanks
Hi,
the next version has a mass import feature. (It is currently in validation and will hopefully be available sometime soon).

Logged words are already in the words list (otherwise they wouldn't be logged :D - that is if I'm understanding you correctly).

Yes, I can work on a hack whereby you can ban users directly from the log.

Posted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 10:34 am
by mrrobbit
Joe Belmaati wrote:
mrrobbit wrote:Joe, thanks for the update, it certainly getting better.

I have a couple of suggestions for the next version if possible?

1. In the log listing, would it be possible to have an option to add logged words and user names to the banned words/users list?

2. Be able to export/import the spam word lists so we can share them with everyone?

Thanks
Hi,
the next version has a mass import feature. (It is currently in validation and will hopefully be available sometime soon).

Logged words are already in the words list (otherwise they wouldn't be logged :D - that is if I'm understanding you correctly). .


Hi Joe,

What I mean by the Logged words, is that a lot of the words that appear in my logs are not being highlighted in red so I'm taking it that these are not words that are being flagged, so I'd like to be able to click the words that have not been flagged/highlighted to be added to the spam word list.

Again thanks for a very useful tool.

Posted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 10:45 am
by Joe Belmaati
Hello again,
the next version has a much improved highlight system.

Posted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 10:05 pm
by clawed
clawed wrote: On a side note I would like to create a mod like this but use a bayesian filter (PHP bayesian filter) and have 2 bottons on every post that only moderators only see "spam" and "not spam" and automatically move spam posts to a certain section of the forum (that only moderators can see). Has anyone tried anything like this? does anyone want to help me?


I tried using the bayesian filter but it did not work well enough to be used.

I do have some suggestions for this mod.
1. When a moderator views a post, every url should have a linked image that when clicked will add the url to the spam words list.
2. Spam lists can be added to by using lists hosted on other servers. The spam words will downloaded the list and add all words on the page line by line, similar to MediaWiki http://libsh.org/wiki/index.php/MediaWi ... _Blacklist and a cron job used to keep the list updated.

I would help but I only have enough spare time in 3-4 weeks time, but hopefully I will help then.