[2.0.19] Forum Membership Benefits By User Group

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
83%
Very Good
17%
Good
No votes
Fair
No votes
Poor
No votes

Total votes: 6

Extensions Robot
Extensions Robot
Extensions Robot

[2.0.19] Forum Membership Benefits By User Group

Post by Extensions Robot »

MOD Name: Forum Membership Benefits By User Group
Author: insanity74
MOD Description: This mod allows for members of admin-specified groups to have the ability to send/recive PMs, have an avatar, and have a signature. A member also have the words "Site Member" below their user name on each post.

MOD Version: 1.0.6

Download File: forum_membership_benefits_mod_1_0_6.zip
mods overview page: View
File Size: 4639 Bytes

Security Score: 0

Support for this MOD needs to be asked within this topic. The phpBB Teams are not responsible or required to give anyone support for this MOD. By installing this MOD, the phpBB Support Team or phpBB MODifications Team may not be able to provide support.

This MOD has only been tested by the phpBB MOD Team with the phpBB version in the topic title. It may not work in any other versions of phpBB.
Last edited by Extensions Robot on Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
(this is a non-active account manager for the phpBB Extension Customisations Team)
webmacster87
Former Team Member
Name: Douglas Bell

Post by webmacster87 »

MOD Validated/Released

Notes:
This MOD allows you to reserve forum privileges (like private messages, avatars, and signatures) for only members in admin-specified groups. A special rank can also be assigned to these members.
k10magic

Post by k10magic »

is this profile control panel compatible?
insanity74

Post by insanity74 »

k10magic wrote: is this profile control panel compatible?

Funny you should ask that. I originally coded it for a set of forums that are running PCP. As it sits, though, the MOD is not PCP compatible because of the way PCP handles the Profile panel.
I do, however, have it running on the PCP board that I wrote it for, originally. If there is enough interest, I'll throw it together in a MOD and submit it to the PCP forums.
k10magic

Post by k10magic »

I'd LOVE if you did that. I really want this on my forums, but without a pcp code that would be tough.

PCP is one of the most popular mods so I'm sure a lot of others would appreciate it as well.

It shouldn't be too much work, I'd love if you could get it together :)
shakey_1

Post by shakey_1 »

Thanks for the mod, I have been looking for something like this. I do have a question about it though. I installed the mod and the installation went smoothly, but after having configured it so that only mod's and admin's can use the PM function, I get an error when trying to send. The error reads "The user you are trying to send a message to cannot receive private messages".

I thought at first that it might be a problem between sending between usergroups, but I have tried PM'ing another admin and get the same error. Any idea's on what might be causing this?
insanity74

Post by insanity74 »

I sent you a PM for more information.
shakey_1

Post by shakey_1 »

Thanks insanity74! I really appreciate your help in getting this going.
SquareBobSpongePants

Post by SquareBobSpongePants »

'Xcuse moi 4 ruining the party. Insanity, i think youre geniusly insane (really, compare to me im a big time sucker heheh), but I found error like this after installing the mod :
General Error
Could not update group

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '//mod group_extras SET group_type = 1, group_name = 'Artist

UPDATE phpbb_groups //mod group_extras SET group_type = 1, group_name = 'Artist', group_description = '', group_moderator = 2, group_extras = 1 WHERE group_id = 4

Line : 343
File : admin_groups.php