[2.0.19] Memberlist Access

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
Post Reply

Rating:

Excellent!
30
77%
Very Good
6
15%
Good
2
5%
Fair
1
3%
Poor
0
No votes
 
Total votes: 39

Sheriff Mayi
Registered User
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2006 1:59 pm
Location: USA

Post by Sheriff Mayi » Sun Jul 09, 2006 4:45 am

Try this mod, works great, requires login to view profiles.
http://www.phpbb.com/files/mods/Profile ... _1.0.3.mod


Hey now this MOD above looks just what I have been searching for. Can someone tell me the very best way to install it?

1 - can EasyMOD run the MPEG file that I downloaded from the above link,

2 - or since I can edit any of my php files/folders directly from my web server, I can correctly find each area that needs changing and do it there,

3 - or do I have to go through the phpMyAdmin panel which despite reading how to change SQL Queries in the Knowledge Base Home area looks more confusing then it should. I think so key infor in missing for beginners like me since I can't believe you can just cut & paste these different commands from different folders in one fell swoop.

Much thanks in advance :wink:

mikestev
Registered User
Posts: 24
Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2006 4:01 pm

Post by mikestev » Mon Jul 10, 2006 12:39 pm

Sheriff Mayi wrote:
Try this mod, works great, requires login to view profiles.
http://www.phpbb.com/files/mods/Profile ... _1.0.3.mod


Hey now this MOD above looks just what I have been searching for. Can someone tell me the very best way to install it?

1 - can EasyMOD run the MPEG file that I downloaded from the above link,

2 - or since I can edit any of my php files/folders directly from my web server, I can correctly find each area that needs changing and do it there,

3 - or do I have to go through the phpMyAdmin panel which despite reading how to change SQL Queries in the Knowledge Base Home area looks more confusing then it should. I think so key infor in missing for beginners like me since I can't believe you can just cut & paste these different commands from different folders in one fell swoop.

Much thanks in advance :wink:


I saved the file, uploaded it to my bulletin board's /admin/mods directory and easymod found it. Hope this helps.

Joe Belmaati
Registered User
Posts: 2110
Joined: Sun Sep 28, 2003 7:35 pm
Location: Denmark

Post by Joe Belmaati » Mon Jul 10, 2006 2:55 pm

Those of you who can't find the option in the ACP Board Config page should take a brief look at your templates/subSilver/admin/board_config_body.tpl file and make sure that the code is actually there.
Image

puppydr
Registered User
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2005 6:22 am

Post by puppydr » Wed Jul 19, 2006 1:59 am

Can I modify this mod in such a way that I control access to Usergroups list instead of memberlist?

bitshift
Registered User
Posts: 21
Joined: Thu Jul 27, 2006 12:48 am

Post by bitshift » Fri Jul 28, 2006 7:35 pm

Im using the news version, 2.0.21, will this work ?

champi
Registered User
Posts: 21
Joined: Wed Jun 21, 2006 11:03 am
Location: London ON

Post by champi » Mon Jul 31, 2006 12:09 pm

very good mod, thanks, also would like to ask what would have be done to do the same (hide) usergroups?

Chinchilla2
Registered User
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 5:03 pm
Contact:

Post by Chinchilla2 » Fri Aug 11, 2006 7:27 am

bitshift wrote: Im using the news version, 2.0.21, will this work ?

I just installed on 2.0.21 and works perfectly!

Joe Belmaati
Registered User
Posts: 2110
Joined: Sun Sep 28, 2003 7:35 pm
Location: Denmark

Post by Joe Belmaati » Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:38 pm

champi wrote: very good mod, thanks, also would like to ask what would have be done to do the same (hide) usergroups?
Actually, this should be really simple. In templates/subSilver/overall_header.tpl you would simple change

Code: Select all

&nbsp;<a href="{U_GROUP_CP}" class="mainmenu"><img src="templates/subSilver/images/icon_mini_groups.gif" width="12" height="13" border="0" alt="{L_USERGROUPS}" hspace="3" />{L_USERGROUPS}</a>&nbsp;
to

Code: Select all

						<!-- BEGIN switch_memberlist -->
						&nbsp;<a href="{U_GROUP_CP}" class="mainmenu"><img src="templates/subSilver/images/icon_mini_groups.gif" width="12" height="13" border="0" alt="{L_USERGROUPS}" hspace="3" />{L_USERGROUPS}</a>&nbsp; 
						<!-- END switch_memberlist -->
and in groupcp.php:

Code: Select all

#
#-----[ FIND ]------------------------------------------
#
//
// End session management
//
#
#-----[ AFTER, ADD ]------------------------------------------
#

//
// Make sure that user is authorized to view the memberlist
//
if( $board_config['memberlist_access'] == MEMBERLIST_ACCESS_ADMIN && $userdata['user_level'] != ADMIN )
{
	message_die(GENERAL_MESSAGE, $lang['Not_Authorised']);
}
else if ( $board_config['memberlist_access'] == MEMBERLIST_ACCESS_MOD && ( $userdata['user_level'] != MOD && $userdata['user_level'] != ADMIN ) )
{
	message_die(GENERAL_MESSAGE, $lang['Not_Authorised']);
}
else if( $board_config['memberlist_access'] == MEMBERLIST_ACCESS_REG && !$userdata['session_logged_in'] )
{
	message_die(GENERAL_MESSAGE, $lang['Not_Authorised']);
}
Image

Aztec Summer
Registered User
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Aug 02, 2006 5:59 pm
Contact:

Post by Aztec Summer » Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:43 pm

...because I want more control over who has access to my memberlist, I've installed this mod and set the radio button to Moderator, for now. Very Nice! 8)

Thanks!

imrich
Registered User
Posts: 237
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2004 9:52 pm

Post by imrich » Wed Aug 30, 2006 6:34 pm

Joe Belmaati wrote:
champi wrote:very good mod, thanks, also would like to ask what would have be done to do the same (hide) usergroups?
Actually, this should be really simple. In templates/subSilver/overall_header.tpl you would simple change

Code: Select all

&nbsp;<a href="{U_GROUP_CP}" class="mainmenu"><img src="templates/subSilver/images/icon_mini_groups.gif" width="12" height="13" border="0" alt="{L_USERGROUPS}" hspace="3" />{L_USERGROUPS}</a>&nbsp;
to

Code: Select all

						<!-- BEGIN switch_memberlist -->
						&nbsp;<a href="{U_GROUP_CP}" class="mainmenu"><img src="templates/subSilver/images/icon_mini_groups.gif" width="12" height="13" border="0" alt="{L_USERGROUPS}" hspace="3" />{L_USERGROUPS}</a>&nbsp; 
						<!-- END switch_memberlist -->
and in groupcp.php:

Code: Select all

#
#-----[ FIND ]------------------------------------------
#
//
// End session management
//
#
#-----[ AFTER, ADD ]------------------------------------------
#

//
// Make sure that user is authorized to view the memberlist
//
if( $board_config['memberlist_access'] == MEMBERLIST_ACCESS_ADMIN && $userdata['user_level'] != ADMIN )
{
	message_die(GENERAL_MESSAGE, $lang['Not_Authorised']);
}
else if ( $board_config['memberlist_access'] == MEMBERLIST_ACCESS_MOD && ( $userdata['user_level'] != MOD && $userdata['user_level'] != ADMIN ) )
{
	message_die(GENERAL_MESSAGE, $lang['Not_Authorised']);
}
else if( $board_config['memberlist_access'] == MEMBERLIST_ACCESS_REG && !$userdata['session_logged_in'] )
{
	message_die(GENERAL_MESSAGE, $lang['Not_Authorised']);
}


Joe,

Thanks for this, it works perfectly along with your original mod.

I'd like to see you incorporate this into the original mod, for the future.

Note, I was able to simply move the

Code: Select all

END switch_memberlist -->
to be after the USERGROUPS menu item, instead of adding a second set of full switch code.

I also had to change a find in your mod as you had the full menu in there. I happened to have the 'calendar mod' installed, which seemed to mess up the find.

Otherwise, thanks for sharing this.
Rich

Goucho
Registered User
Posts: 72
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 4:02 pm

Re: Where in the ACP

Post by Goucho » Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:22 pm

Joe Belmaati wrote:
spup wrote:Where in the ACP do I change user settings?
In the config section under "General Admin" there's a row enttitled "Who can access the memberlist?" with radio buttons.
timmer77 wrote: I get this error while trying to install with easymod...any thoughts?



FIND FAILED: In file [templates/subSilver/overall_header.tpl] could not find:

<td align="center" valign="top" nowrap="nowrap"><span class="mainmenu">&nbsp;<a href="{U_FAQ}" class="mainmenu"><img src="templates/subSilver/images/icon_mini_faq.gif" width="12" height="13" border="0" alt="{L_FAQ}" hspace="3" />{L_FAQ}</a>&nbsp; &nbsp;<a href="{U_SEARCH}" class="mainmenu"><img src="templates/subSilver/images/icon_mini_search.gif" width="12" height="13" border="0" alt="{L_SEARCH}" hspace="3" />{L_SEARCH}</a>&nbsp; &nbsp;<a href="{U_MEMBERLIST}" class="mainmenu"><img src="templates/subSilver/images/icon_mini_members.gif" width="12" height="13" border="0" alt="{L_MEMBERLIST}" hspace="3" />{L_MEMBERLIST}</a>&nbsp; &nbsp;<a href="{U_GROUP_CP}" class="mainmenu"><img src="templates/subSilver/images/icon_mini_groups.gif" width="12" height="13" border="0" alt="{L_USERGROUPS}" hspace="3" />{L_USERGROUPS}</a>&nbsp;
You have either modified that file previously, or you are not using phpBB 2.0.19



Im getting the same how do we get round this plz......... again i just want to hide the memberlist is there an easy way like getting rid of the navigation button?? if so how thanx :)

JadedFox
Registered User
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:31 pm

Post by JadedFox » Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:33 pm

first i want to thank you for the MOD.

I'm using AcidTechGreen, how can i put it in overal_header.php??
thanks in advance,

Gaminide
Registered User
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Jun 03, 2004 1:08 pm

Post by Gaminide » Mon Sep 18, 2006 1:54 am

Hi,

Thanks for this mod, i think it will deter spammers from collecting email addresses and also from using the system to boost ranks in serach engines.

However, many forums allow people to look at them and their profiles, without being logged in. Just by clicking on the author or repliers.

I have two suggestions:

1) Could this mod be expanded so that when you see a profile, the permissions are hidden in a similar manner to the memberlist? May be use the same variables?

2) By defaults the admin users show their emails, I think this is a flaw of privacy. Instead there should be a simple contact form with a very very long reuse timer (12h? regarless of originating IP/account)?

Cheers!

quanmai
Registered User
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:59 am

Post by quanmai » Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:02 am

Hi anyone know why when i choose setting only admin can view member list , but after i done it guess still can access to it.


and 1 more thing, if i want to uninstall this mod memberlist_access. wat should i do? I am new to php so can anyone help me and show me step by step do do it?
I appriciate your help.

quanmai
Registered User
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:59 am

Post by quanmai » Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:08 pm

HI guys
I had a problem

the log in button cant let me log in to my forums

when i click it does nothing.
it happen when i install memberlist access and install is successful.but i cant log in to my forums.
i dont know wat to do now.
anyone help me. thanks

Post Reply

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”