SQL Backup

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
76%
Very Good
9%
Good
4%
Fair
2%
Poor
9%

Total votes: 55

Extensions Robot
Extensions Robot
Extensions Robot

SQL Backup

Post by Extensions Robot » Thu Jan 19, 2006 3:30 pm

Modification name: SQL Backup
Author: Vic D'Elfant
Modification description: This MOD will add an additional module to the Administration Panel which will allow you to backup your phpBB database without having to worry about the "Maximum execution time reached" errors, which would normally prevent you from creating a full database of a large database.

Besides backing up the default phpBB tables, it also allows you to select any additional tables that start with the same table prefix as your normal phpBB tables. This will prevent MODs from getting broken if you ever have to restore your database from the backup.

The MOD displays a progress bar and will allow you to compress the backup file so it will be faster for you to download. The backups will be stored in a secured directory on your board, allowing you to download previously created backups through the administration panel. When using compression, it will create a separate .sql file (within the compressed file) for each table and split the .sql files in ~15 MB chunks each, which will make it easier for you to restore such backup by using phpMyAdmin or an alternative tool.

If you would like to be kept up-to-date with new releases of this MOD, feel free to subscribe to the SQL Backup MOD mailinglist. To do so, send an empty e-mail to phpbb-sql_backup-subscribe{at}mailing.coronis.nl and follow the instructions.
Modification version: 1.0.12
Tested on phpBB version: See below

Download file: sql_backup_v1.0.12.zip
File size: 29040 Bytes

Modification overview page: View

Selected tags:
  1. Category
    1. Admin Tools
  2. phpBB
    1. 2.0.23
Support for this modification needs to be asked within this topic. The phpBB Team is not responsible or required to give anyone support for this modification. By installing this MOD, you acknowledge that the phpBB Support Team or phpBB MODifications Team may not be able to provide support.

This MOD has only been tested by the phpBB MOD Team with the phpBB version listed in the topic. It may not work in any other versions of phpBB.
Last edited by Extensions Robot on Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
(this is a non-active account manager for the phpBB Extension Customisations Team)

webmacster87
Former Team Member
Name: Douglas Bell

Post by webmacster87 » Mon Jan 30, 2006 1:55 pm

MOD Validated/Released

Notes:
Adds a brand new system for backing up your database to the admin panel. Note that this MOD is ONLY compatible with MySQL databases.

Ex0dus

Post by Ex0dus » Tue Jan 31, 2006 1:46 am

I have updated to 1.0.2 of your mod and still have issues with trying to back up non phpbb core tables. If you need a demo board to look at things from my server, I can set one up for you ^_<

-Ex0dus

igorw
Former Team Member
Name: Igor Wiedler

Post by igorw » Tue Jan 31, 2006 2:31 am

Works very well here... :) Nice mod!

ABDev
Name: Adrien Bonnel

Post by ABDev » Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:20 am

Hi Vic D'Elfant, this is a nice and utile MOD.
I have one suggestion for the next version : can you put a button for select all the tables ? :wink:

Edit : It doesn't export all the tables, only phpBB tables.
That's normal ? :oops:

Vic D'Elfant
Former Team Member

Post by Vic D'Elfant » Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:30 am

Okay, will do :) Thanks for the suggestion ;)

Vic
midd.ag • DTP, web development & printing
http://www.midd.ag

ABDev

Post by ABDev » Tue Jan 31, 2006 12:15 pm

ABDev

Post by ABDev » Tue Jan 31, 2006 6:16 pm

You can find here the french translation :wink:

Code: Select all

//
// SQL Backup
//
$lang['SQL_Backup'] = 'Sauvegardes SQL';
$lang['SQL_Download'] = 'Téléchargement des Sauvegardes';
$lang['SB_title'] = 'Sauvegardes SQL';
$lang['SB_explain'] = 'Voici une liste de toutes vos tables commençant par votre préfixe de table phpBB ci-dessous.<br />Les tables par défaut de phpBB ont été cochées directement, mais dans le cas où vous avez installé des MODs, lesquels nécessitent des tables additionnelles, vous devrez alors sélectionner les tables adéquates.<br />Toutes les tables cochées seront incluses dans la sauvegarde.<br /><br />Les tables mentionnées en gras ne proviennent pas d\'une installation standard de phpBB et seront omis de la sauvegarde jusqu\'à ce que vous placiez une coche devant celles-ci.';
$lang['SB_unwritable'] = 'Impossible d\'écrire dans le dossier /admin/backups.<br />Veuillez vérifier que le dossier existe bien et que son CHMOD soit 777';
$lang['SB_incompatible'] = 'SQL Backup MOD n\'est pas compatible avec le type de base de données que votre forum utilise';
$lang['SB_download_title'] = 'Téléchargement des Sauvegardes';
$lang['SB_download_explain'] = 'Les anciennes sauvegardes sont listées ci-dessous.<br />Pour télécharger une sauvegarde sur votre ordinateur, Cliquez sur "Télécharger" à côté de la sauvegarde que vous souhaitez télécharger.<br />Si vous souhaitez supprimer une sauvegarde de votre serveur, cliquez sur "Supprimer".';
$lang['SB_download_th_title'] = 'Anciennes Sauvegardes';
$lang['SB_download_datetime'] = 'Date - Heure';
$lang['SB_download_size'] = 'Taille';
$lang['SB_download_action'] = 'Action';
$lang['SB_no_backups'] = 'Aucune Sauvegarde trouvée';
$lang['SB_deleted'] = 'Le fichier de Sauvegarde a été supprimé avec succès.<br /><br />Cliquez %sici%s pour revenir au menu des Sauvegardes SQL';
$lang['SB_failed_deleting'] = 'Echec de suppression de %s';
$lang['SB_tasks_file_failed'] = 'Impossible de charger le fichier des tâches';
$lang['SB_sql_file_failed'] = 'Impossible de créer un handle pour le fichier de sauvegarde SQL';
$lang['SB_body_th'] = 'Créer une Sauvegarde de la Base de Données';
$lang['SB_create'] = 'Créer une Sauvegarde';
$lang['SB_creating_zipfile'] = 'Création de fichier ZIP en cours ...';
$lang['SB_processing_th'] = 'Sauvegarde en cours';
$lang['SB_processing_title'] = 'Backup en cours de création, veuillez patienter ...';
$lang['SB_processing_explain'] = '<b><u>Ne fermez pas cette fenêtre jusqu\'à ce que le processus de sauvegarde soit terminé</u></b>';
$lang['SB_finished_msg'] = 'Sauvegarde réalisée avec succès !<br /><br />Vous pouvez la télécharger en cliquant %sici%s';
Last edited by ABDev on Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Vic D'Elfant
Former Team Member

Post by Vic D'Elfant » Tue Jan 31, 2006 6:23 pm

The new version will have an additional $lang variable so you'll have to translate that one as well as soon as the MOD is approved... thanks for taking time to translate it :)

Vic

Jim_UK
Former Team Member

Post by Jim_UK » Tue Jan 31, 2006 7:39 pm

Minor point I know but should not
## Files To Edit: n/a

not read
## Files To Edit: language/lang_english/lang_admin.php

Jim
The truth is out there.
Unfortunately they will not let you anywhere near it!

Vic D'Elfant
Former Team Member

Post by Vic D'Elfant » Tue Jan 31, 2006 7:41 pm

Heh, true... I've fixed it for the 1.0.4 release :)

Vic

Ex0dus

Post by Ex0dus » Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:44 pm

ABDev wrote: Hi Vic D'Elfant, this is a nice and utile MOD.
I have one suggestion for the next version : can you put a button for select all the tables ? :wink:

Edit : It doesn't export all the tables, only phpBB tables.
That's normal ? :oops:

My sentiments exactly ^_< a select all button would be wonderful, and im also glad that I am not the only one with problems exporting tables created by mods.

-Ex0dus

Vic D'Elfant
Former Team Member

Post by Vic D'Elfant » Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:49 pm

Bah, looks like I forgot to post an update. Anyway, version 1.0.3 has been submitted to the MOD team. This version adds a "Select all tables" button and fixes the problem with backing up non-phpBB tables.

For time being, 1.0.2 users may temporarily solve the problem by opening /admin/admin_backup.php and removing the following line (should be line #424):

$table_name = '<b>' . $table_name . '</b>';
Vic

Jim_UK
Former Team Member

Post by Jim_UK » Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:23 pm

Vic D'Elfant wrote: For time being, 1.0.2 users may temporarily solve the problem by opening /admin/admin_backup.php and removing the following line (should be line #424):

$table_name = '<b>' . $table_name . '</b>';
Vic

I had installed version 1.0.2 and seen that when I selected all tables it only did the default ones. I have removed the line in question and now see from the progress bar that it is doing all the tables - however when it gets to the last table the process hangs. I have tested 3 times.

Jim
The truth is out there.
Unfortunately they will not let you anywhere near it!

Vic D'Elfant
Former Team Member

Post by Vic D'Elfant » Wed Feb 01, 2006 7:18 am

The last table or the "Creating zipfile" step? "Creating zipfile" is known to take a little while... What's the size of your database?

Vic

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”