SQL Backup

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
76%
Very Good
9%
Good
4%
Fair
2%
Poor
9%

Total votes: 55

chanchisang

Post by chanchisang »

Vic: Woo... what a prompt response! 8O

I've installed and successfully backed(with forum shutdowned) up some small tables.
But when I try to backup the phpbb_posts(500000 records, 40Mb in size), it shows the moving progress for about 30 seconds and then halted.
When I look into the 'backup' folder, it leaves a *.dat and *.sql with variable size for each failed run.
Is there a limitation to the size/no.-of-record for the table to backup?

p.s. I have 70Mb system free spaces, is that enough?

p.p.s. Look forward to a new release! :D

Vic D'Elfant
Former Team Member

Post by Vic D'Elfant »

The new release should be able to cope with that, and does much better error checking during the backup process, which will allow us to track down why the process halts. I think however, that you shouldn't have any problem with the new release :)

Vic
midd.ag • DTP, web development & printing
http://www.midd.ag

da_badtz_one

Post by da_badtz_one »

can't wait for the newer version :)

migueldbr

Post by migueldbr »

how do i use this mod on acidtech skin(http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=314866)?the zip only has the subsilver skin files...

igorw
Former Team Member
Name: Igor Wiedler

Post by igorw »

migueldbr wrote: how do i use this mod on acidtech skin(http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=314866)?the zip only has the subsilver skin files...

Upload the templates/subSilver/* files to templates/AcidTech/* ;)

cursulak

blank "backup database" page - no tables to select

Post by cursulak »

Well this has to be simplest of mods to install, there isn't much to do. Soooooo not sure how I screwed up here.

I get the admin panel ok, and when I enter the backup database page, the page comes up with "create database backup" but there is not one table on the page.

is this an access issue to the database? I'm running mysql and don't get any database errors. I can click create backup, but of course get an empty database file with just your header info in it.

thoughts? I obviously need to set something here so it can see the tables. Where would I enter a custom DB name?

I can access the db ok through phpadmin... so wondering what's missing here.

thoughts?

oh thought I'd add to this:
phpbb server. 2.0.19
mods added: attachment mod, tabulated_survey_at_topic_head, ip_only_by_admin, calendar mod, birthdays, bb_usage_stats, memberlist access, restrictguestaccess.
Last edited by cursulak on Tue Apr 04, 2006 2:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chris Ursulak
I generally take one day at a time, but sometimes, several days gang up on me at once.

chanchisang

Post by chanchisang »

cursulak: have you create the 'backup' folder with access right set to '777'?
BTW, it's really simple mod to install. :)

>I think however, that you shouldn't have any problem with the new release
Vic: I believe so... 8)

cursulak

backup folder is set

Post by cursulak »

The database file is created in the "backups" folder no problem, just that's it's empty because on my create backup page in the admin control panel there are absolutely no tables listed there.

It's like it can't see the database so I'm thinking it's an access issue, or can't read my database due to what? naming, other reasons?

Can someone point in the right direction to where in the code the sql database name gets called? I have a custom database name in mysql that all the tables are in. The table naming convention is normal though "phpbb_(tablename)"

From what I've read, I am under the impression this page shouldn't be empty. click here to see my screen capture:screenshot

I think it could either be that, or the an sid access problem? although the main phpbb backup control panel has no problems.
Chris Ursulak
I generally take one day at a time, but sometimes, several days gang up on me at once.

migueldbr

Post by migueldbr »

eviL<3 wrote:
migueldbr wrote:how do i use this mod on acidtech skin(http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=314866)?the zip only has the subsilver skin files...

just like that?lol

can i do that with every mod?or just this one?

thanks

igorw
Former Team Member
Name: Igor Wiedler

Post by igorw »

migueldbr wrote:
eviL<3 wrote:
migueldbr wrote:how do i use this mod on acidtech skin(http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=314866)?the zip only has the subsilver skin files...

just like that?lol

can i do that with every mod?or just this one?

thanks

For any, but it might look displaced with some templates

Vic D'Elfant
Former Team Member

Re: backup folder is set

Post by Vic D'Elfant »

cursulak wrote: The database file is created in the "backups" folder no problem, just that's it's empty because on my create backup page in the admin control panel there are absolutely no tables listed there.

It's like it can't see the database so I'm thinking it's an access issue, or can't read my database due to what? naming, other reasons?

Hmm try executing the query below through phpMyAdmin, using the same user your board is connecting to your database with

Code: Select all

SHOW TABLES
Vic

cursulak

Re: Show tables

Post by cursulak »

phpmyadmin does the show tables fine with the boards $dbuser and $dbpasswd. This would make sense as the standard backup panel in 2.0.19 works and I get output in the backup file. only when using this mod does it come out empty.

I am not getting anything specific in the logs either. It just shows the page loading, no errors.

is there a test I can run at the sql level to see if the request and response is getting done, and maybe it's a display isssue, or if the request is not happening then we know why the tables aren't being displayed?

more thoughts?
Chris Ursulak

Vic D'Elfant
Former Team Member

Re: Show tables

Post by Vic D'Elfant »

cursulak wrote: This would make sense as the standard backup panel in 2.0.19 works and I get output in the backup file. only when using this mod does it come out empty

That's not true; phpBB's default backup method doesn't use the SHOW TABLES query, it uses a pre-defined array with the table names :)

Let's see... you're using MySQL, correct? What's your database name? And what's your table prefix?

Vic

cursulak

Oh ok,

Post by cursulak »

Here's the info:

$dbms = 'mysql4';

$dbhost = 'localhost';
$dbname = 'IconBBS';
$dbuser = 'zzzzzzzzzz';
$dbpasswd = 'xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx';

$table_prefix = 'phpbb_';

define('PHPBB_INSTALLED', true);

------------

If I do "show tables" in the sql query on phpadmin, I get the following list of tables back:

Tables_in_iconbbs
phpbb_attach_quota
phpbb_attachments
pbb_vote_results
phpbb_vote_voters
phpbb_words
(there's 40 tables)

Mysql version is 4.1.13a.

If you want to poke around, we can setup specific access for you if you like.
Chris Ursulak

Vic D'Elfant
Former Team Member

Re: Oh ok,

Post by Vic D'Elfant »

cursulak wrote: $dbname = 'IconBBS';

Tables_in_iconbbs

The problems is the difference in capitalization, as PHP is case-sensitive when getting values from arrays ($row['fields_in_iconbbs'] does not equal $row['fields_in_IconBBS']).

Open /admin/admin_backups.php, and search for this bit of code:

$field = 'Tables_in_' . $dbname;
And replace it with:

$field = 'Tables_in_' . strtolower($dbname);
That should fix the problem :)

Vic

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”