[2.0.19] Advanced Group Color Management

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
64%
Very Good
17%
Good
5%
Fair
5%
Poor
8%

Total votes: 59

ZombieSlayer

Post by ZombieSlayer » Sat Jun 24, 2006 12:08 pm

phantomk wrote:
Cartoons wrote:I realized that but I hate how they have to do that. I want the color to be forced once they are in a group.

What if they are in 2 groups ;)

Since the over ride is in the acp the admin would pick a group color for them?

I was thinking that under user management there could be a "show group color" option with the availble options being none, registered users, moderators, admins, group1, group2, etc, user select.

It would be way cool, but probably a lot of work to do if it is even possible.

Cartoons

Post by Cartoons » Sat Jun 24, 2006 3:08 pm

phantomk wrote:
Cartoons wrote:I realized that but I hate how they have to do that. I want the color to be forced once they are in a group.

What if they are in 2 groups ;)

Then it would choose the group that they were put in last and they could choose from one of the two in their CP. I just don't want the registered user option really.

oSK-Hitman

Post by oSK-Hitman » Sat Jun 24, 2006 3:25 pm

Will this mod work with the latest version of phpbb?

Cartoons

Post by Cartoons » Sat Jun 24, 2006 6:06 pm

oSK-Hitman wrote: Will this mod work with the latest version of phpbb?

Works fine for me. I'm just requesting some new features once the guy's site comes back.

oSK-Hitman

Post by oSK-Hitman » Sat Jun 24, 2006 9:09 pm

I uploaded the premoded files and it works. However I get this error:
Fatal error: Call to undefined function: dss_rand() in /home/****/public_html/html/includes/sessions.php on line 180

When I go to that line I added a // to the front of the line and it gets rid of the error however when you try to login it says you loged in but your not.

Anyway of fixing this?

phantomk
Name: Daniel Lee

Post by phantomk » Sat Jun 24, 2006 11:57 pm

The Premodified files are for phpBB 2.0.19, as the topic title states :) If you are useing phpBB 2.0.21, you will need to manually update the premodded files for the changes :)

chsam

Post by chsam » Sun Jun 25, 2006 12:38 am

Hi. I installed this mod at http://www.webspeek.com/. When installing it, I received some SQL erors, but I forgot what were they though. The board runs without errors after installing this mod. However, usernames are not coloured with the user's usergroup colour. Could the SQL error be the cause?

Previously, I installed Efficient Colored Usernames by ShadyCrazy, but I uninstalled everything except the SQL commands that are entered. Could the SQL command from that mod be interfering with this mod? The following is the extract of the SQL coimmands for Efficient Colored Usernames:

Code: Select all

ALTER TABLE phpbb_groups ADD group_sh_color tinyint(1) NULL default 0;
ALTER TABLE phpbb_groups ADD group_color varchar(32) NULL default 0;
ALTER TABLE phpbb_groups ADD group_order int(255) NULL default 0;
ALTER TABLE phpbb_users ADD group_priority mediumint(8) NULL default NULL;
INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('colorize_groups', 1);
After reviewing the SQL installation for this mod, I changed group_color from varchar(32) to smallint(1). What else do I need to do in order to get this mod work? Thanks.
WebSpeek.com - Uniting Webmasters!

oSK-Hitman

Post by oSK-Hitman » Sun Jun 25, 2006 1:31 am

Will there be premodded files for the latest version of phpbb? Saves me time modding it.

chsam

Post by chsam » Sun Jun 25, 2006 2:53 am

This is weird. it works fine now. It didn't change th colour immediately after i set it in ACP. It changed right after I posted something. Thanks anyway :)
WebSpeek.com - Uniting Webmasters!

phantomk

Post by phantomk » Sun Jun 25, 2006 6:11 am

oSK-Hitman wrote: Will there be premodded files for the latest version of phpbb? Saves me time modding it.

Premodified files will no longer be supported in future versions ;) The mods will however install just as well with EasyMod :)

slammin

Post by slammin » Sun Jun 25, 2006 9:31 am

Hi,

Just thought I would quickly check to see if the download link provided on the first page of this topic is the latest release of this mod, Or is the latest release on your site?

phantomk

Post by phantomk » Sun Jun 25, 2006 10:22 am

I am currently working on a new version, 1.2.5, it is currently being tested. If you want to test the mod out, you can check out the details here

NeilUK

Post by NeilUK » Sun Jun 25, 2006 11:43 am

Hi , I have installed this mod using easymod and it worked a treat , except now it is telling me to delete the instal_colour folder. Whatever page on the forum I try and access with the exception of the admin panel. I get the message telling me to delete the install_colour folder. I have deleted all the install_colour folders but I still get the message

Help?

Neil

Xaeder

Post by Xaeder » Tue Jun 27, 2006 1:58 am

I have a problem with the install script. When I go to the index, it loads from the install_color dir, and when I fill in the user and pass, it redirects me to the same file on the index which doesn't exists... then I modified the script so it started from the index, and in that case it keeps restarting the script. Any ideas?

Cartoons

Post by Cartoons » Tue Jul 04, 2006 1:14 am

I just reinstalled this because I upgraded to 2.1.6 CH by just overwriting everything. I noticed a few things. Ptifo doesn't have the colors for names at all. Not on the index, viewtopic, memberlist, viewprofile, anything. All the other templates work except for the memberlist. No colors will show up in the memberlist.

Edit: The Ptifo template seems to have fixed itself when I did all the templates seperately when editing the colors. The memberlist still doesn't show the user colors though.

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”