[2.0.19] Advanced Group Color Management

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
64%
Very Good
17%
Good
5%
Fair
5%
Poor
8%

Total votes: 59

Extensions Robot
Extensions Robot
Extensions Robot

[2.0.19] Advanced Group Color Management

Post by Extensions Robot »

MOD Name: Advanced Group Color Management
Author: phantomk
MOD Description: Advanced Group Color Management is a highly efficient system which adds colors to the users in groups, defined by the admin in the Group ACP. Advanced Group Color Management only adds one query per page, and if you are using Category Hierarchy this one query is cached and thus creates no queries.

The features so far
  • phpBB integration Instructions (EasyMOD Friendly)
  • Cat Hierarchy integration Instructions (EasyMOD Friendly)
  • Highly efficient code to reduce queries and page loading times (Only adds one query, compared to other mods that add anywhere from 40+)
  • Color search popup in Group Management Panel so you can easily find a color for a group
  • Group Colors are assigned via a new admin interface and are template specific
  • Users in more then one group have the ability to choose their default color
  • New install script simplifies the process
  • You can assign Registered users a color to instantly modify what color your users have, this color is overridden if assigned to a group.
  • You can assign Anonymous users a color to distinguish between the users with ease
  • You can assign Inactive users a color which will give your users the ability to know if the user is likely to respond or if a user is actually active on the board.

MOD Version: 1.2.3

Download File: Advanced_Group_Color_Management_1.2.3.zip
mods overview page: View
File Size: 647415 Bytes

Security Score: 0

Support for this MOD needs to be asked within this topic. The phpBB Teams are not responsible or required to give anyone support for this MOD. By installing this MOD, the phpBB Support Team or phpBB MODifications Team may not be able to provide support.

This MOD has only been tested by the phpBB MOD Team with the phpBB version in the topic title. It may not work in any other versions of phpBB.
Last edited by Extensions Robot on Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
(this is a non-active account manager for the phpBB Extension Customisations Team)
webmacster87
Former Team Member
Name: Douglas Bell

Post by webmacster87 »

MOD Validated/Released

Notes:
Allows you to assign colors to usergroups (similar to how admins and moderators have special colors) via the admin panel.
phantomk
Name: Daniel Lee

Post by phantomk »

FAQ
  • DEMO ?

Demo Site
  • Plans for future versions ?

Thier is a planned release of 1.2.5 which will be available when CH 2.1.6 has been fully tested and released by Ptirhiik. AGCM 1.2.5 will have alot of code optimizations as well as 1 or 2 known bugs fixed. The bug occurs when you add a user to a group or remove a user from a group the users color is not always updated properly. This is not a performance or security issue, but just a minor oversight on my part. Bug was found when 1.2.4 was released but is apparant in all 1.2.X versions. The reason why I am holding the release back is because I had already rewritten the core files to work with CH2.1.6 and also remade alot of the functions.
Last edited by phantomk on Wed Feb 15, 2006 9:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
phantomk

Post by phantomk »

Thanks MOD team for validateing this mod :)

A new version will be released, has a few optimizations and clean-up's within the code, just as soon as ptirhiik is satisfied and ready to release CH 2.1.6 :)
ugly pete

Post by ugly pete »

phantomk

Post by phantomk »

ugly pete wrote: .....

Please refrain from posting useless comments.
martijn2

Looks great

Post by martijn2 »

I don't have time to install this mod now (as I don't have really good experiences with Easymod), but next week I'll have holiday and then I'll install it :)
Former phpBB user.
fazaljatoi
I've Been Banned!

Post by fazaljatoi »

DEMO ?
James78

Post by James78 »

fazaljatoi wrote: DEMO ?

There is a live demo at phantomk's site, however, it only shows what it looks like
martijn2

Post by martijn2 »

I'm currently editing my files for the mod, I hope it'll work without problems ;)
Former phpBB user.
martijn2

Post by martijn2 »

Former phpBB user.
phantomk

Post by phantomk »

@martijn2 : It looks like your index.php wasn't modified properly, double check that it was modified correctly as your moderators aren't being displayed with the proper color.
martijn2

Post by martijn2 »

phantomk wrote: @martijn2 : It looks like your index.php wasn't modified properly, double check that it was modified correctly as your moderators aren't being displayed with the proper color.

Ok, will do ;)
Btw, where is version 1.2.4? (my admin cp reports that there should be a new version...)
Former phpBB user.
phantomk

Post by phantomk »

That version is available at my site, thier is only a minor change between the two so it's not a crucial update. 1.2.5 is going to be a crucial update as it will fix a bug with adding/removeing of users into/from a group. It will also have alot of code cleanup's of internal files and it will also support CH 2.1.6.

If you really want to update to 1.2.4 you can grab a copy of my site, but it is not a mandatory update. I have just submitted it to the MODDB.
guy_enjoy

Post by guy_enjoy »

---------------------
Last edited by guy_enjoy on Tue Jun 27, 2006 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”