[2.0.19] Ultimate Quiz MOD

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
50%
Very Good
26%
Good
15%
Fair
7%
Poor
2%

Total votes: 46

cwallace

Post by cwallace »

Ok...so in that SQL statement....take into consideration I know VERY little about coding and SQL...I just poke around...

I managed to get it to create the table and the quiz MOD is fully functioning now...what I did was...in the code:

CREATE TABLE phpbb_quiz_statistics ( `stats_id` int(5) NOT NULL default '', `quiz_id` int(10) NOT NULL default '', `user_id` int(10) NOT NULL default '', `stats_correct` INT(5) NOT NULL default '0', `stats_incorrect` INT(5) NOT NULL default '0', `stats_percentage` INT(3) NOT NULL default '0');

I just made the default for stats_id, quiz_id, and user_id all default '0' and it took it...

This will get you rolling at least...NOW...if in fact someone with more knowledge can verify that it would be great...better yet...if they can FIX IT IN THE MOD it would be real nice...ALSO..if I am wrong and that is only going to lead to more problems then please tell me what the REAL fix is....but I am having no issue at this point...tested out everything just fine.

Also...whoever has the help forums for this MOD...can you please activate my account..:)

Thanks,
Chris
http://www.FortWayneMusic.com - Your source for the best in local music and entertainment.
cwallace

Post by cwallace »

One last thing...

How do you flush out old quizes? I added a test category and submitted some fake quizzes for testing, but they are STILL in the stats and they are still in the list...

I assume it is by deleting from the DB...which I will investigate in a second, but is there a setting in the ACP under the 'quiz' option to do this??

The MOD is excellent BTW....my guys will love this one.

Chris
http://www.FortWayneMusic.com - Your source for the best in local music and entertainment.
battye
Extension Customisations
Extension Customisations

Post by battye »

Sorry for the delays, I'm glad most of the issues have been sorted though.:)

cwallace, truncating (emptying) the stats table should do the trick. Don't forget to back up first though, just in case.

charades, regarding the bbcode error. Has the file been fully uploaded?

clapton, the query 17 message fix is on the bottom of the 2nd or 3rd page of this thread :)

As for hiding the button, there is a templating switch for this, which I can't remember off hand. I'll note this however, and have a look in the next day or so for you (and post the answer here).
Customisations Team Member

https://github.com/battye/php-array-parser - Give it a Star! :D
cwallace

Post by cwallace »

MY code guy got it all worted out with clearing the DB of the test stuff I inserted...but a nice 'flush' button would be a good addition.

Another thing I noticed...when in the stats page...there is no link BACK to the site...you know the one that goes above the forum header strip?? So my people are stuck there unless they hit the back button..I notice this is missing on a LOT of MODs though...

Other than that GREAT...would love access to the CricketMX site though..:) Still no activation..I wanted to grab some quiz packs from there...:)

Keep it up and I will chime in with anything new we can come up with or other issues that might arrise...

Chris
battye
Extension Customisations
Extension Customisations

Post by battye »

Hi,

cwallace has been activated. The quiz packs are offline at the moment, however I will have a look into this over the weekend, so hopefully by Monday you should be able to download them :)
Customisations Team Member

https://github.com/battye/php-array-parser - Give it a Star! :D
crazygandalf

Post by crazygandalf »

Hi battye,

Nice mod. Thx. :)

But there are some things that should be corrected. Of course I'm talking about version 1.3.3.
  • In radio buttons groups one of the buttons should be selected by default. I mean in multiple_choice quiz, and when you add new quiz. There can't be situation that no one is selected.
  • When you edit quizzes, correct answers are not selected.
  • Questions should be in textareas. Somebody may want to add more complicated questions. :)
  • Some template misplaces, aligments and sizes. Not so important.
  • Multiple choice quiz with checkboxes allowing people to select more then one (or none) corect answer.
  • Some corrections for non-english users.
  • Added new lang cause in some languages "Submit Quiz" as link and button may have other meanings.
I made all these changes above. :) I hope they will come in handy and you enjoy it. :)

Here is the zip with corrected files.
http://kkr.nsc.pl/phpbb/quiz_edited_files.zip

Also you need to do some other changes:

Code: Select all

#
#-----[ OPEN ]------------------------------------------
#
includes/constants.php

#
#-----[ FIND ]------------------------------------------
# 
define('MULTIPLE_CHOICE', 'multiple_choice');

#
#-----[ AFTER, ADD ]------------------------------------------
# 
define('MULTIPLE_CHECKBOX', 'multiple_checkbox');

#
#-----[ SAVE/CLOSE ALL FILES ]------------------------------------------
#
# EoM

//Edited for some bug fixes.
Last edited by crazygandalf on Fri Feb 16, 2007 4:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MarieMM

Post by MarieMM »

It's nice to see that this mod is being worked on! I've got a couple of other requests:

Shouldn't it be possible to see the statistics for each quiz, even for those I have played? When I click on a quiz I haven't played, I'm of course able to play it, but I can also click "quiz statistics" and see how the other guys did. But when I have played the quiz, I'm simply told that I cannot play more than once. I was hoping for a link to the statistics, so I could check how I did compared to the others! The same for the quizzes that I have added myself - even though I can't play my own quizzes, I'd like to see the statistics.

Also, in the list of top scores: Is it an idea to sort the results first by percent, then by the amount of correct questions? IMO, it is better to have scored 100% in a quiz with 15 questions, than in a quiz with 5 questions...
charades

Post by charades »

battye wrote: Sorry for the delays, I'm glad most of the issues have been sorted though.:)

charades, regarding the bbcode error. Has the file been fully uploaded?

Thanks for the Promt Reply...I have sorted this out.

I also have upgraded with newer version which is 1.3.3 but as soon as users submit the answers Hacking Attempt is the only thing they can see.

Looks like something is either missing or not done correctly

I really appreciate if you can let me know the solution
Dawn to Dusk....
..Musical Journey on it's own .. only at http://www.suraurtaal.com

Register Today!

http://www.creative-castle.com! ....We Aspire.. What you Desire....
crazygandalf

Post by crazygandalf »

After some testing I found that better is saving correct answers as numbers (eg which radio or checkbox button was selected) than saving their names. It gives ability to other non-english users for playing quizzes made in english. For example True/False in English will be saved as correct answers in database, but when someone change his profile to other language (eg Polish as I am :)) and play the quiz you will give Tak/Nie (in polish) and will never give the correct answers.
Also there is a bug when editing multiple_chioce (checkbox) quizes when you have at least two the same answers for one question. Of course because of saving answer strings in database.
golgoth

Post by golgoth »

Which lines should i change if i want cash to be removed when quiz is starting and not when i click on submit?

I found pretty useless the time limit if, after it expires, a user doesn't even have less cash...!

Except that this is really a great mod :)
Marill

Post by Marill »

I have the exact same problem as:
cwallace wrote: That seemed to work out that debug error, but THIS still plagues me...

SQL query:

CREATE TABLE phpbb_quiz_statistics(
`stats_id` int( 5 ) NOT NULL default '',
`quiz_id` int( 10 ) NOT NULL default '',
`user_id` int( 10 ) NOT NULL default '',
`stats_correct` INT( 5 ) NOT NULL default '0',
`stats_incorrect` INT( 5 ) NOT NULL default '0',
`stats_percentage` INT( 3 ) NOT NULL default '0'
);

MySQL said: Documentation
#1067 - Invalid default value for 'stats_id'

When I try to do the quiz_install.php file it gave me the code below in red saying it failed or had errors...then entering it manually I got the above return from phpmyadmin:

CREATE TABLE phpbb_quiz_statistics ( `stats_id` int(5) NOT NULL default '', `quiz_id` int(10) NOT NULL default '', `user_id` int(10) NOT NULL default '', `stats_correct` INT(5) NOT NULL default '0', `stats_incorrect` INT(5) NOT NULL default '0', `stats_percentage` INT(3) NOT NULL default '0');

Anything on that? I will search their support site, but I have yet to get an admin approval for my account so I can only read and not post the problems there...I can search so I am at least doing that...

Thanks in advance...still snowed in..:)

Chris

I've tried the fix that he came up with at the top of this page, but I get the same thing. I dont know much about databases at all, so I hope somebody could help me out here :?
golgoth

Post by golgoth »

Put this in phpmyadmin:

CREATE TABLE phpbb_quiz_statistics ( `stats_id` int(5) NOT NULL default '0', `quiz_id` int(10) NOT NULL default '0', `user_id` int(10) NOT NULL default '0', `stats_correct` INT(5) NOT NULL default '0', `stats_incorrect` INT(5) NOT NULL default '0', `stats_percentage` INT(3) NOT NULL default '0'); 
in the meantime im upping my question: which lines should i change if i want cash to be removed when quiz is starting and not when i click on submit? :D
florchi

Post by florchi »

I installed the mod and everything is working fine, but I'm not using subsilver. So I modified my templates files and it still works correctly, only my tables width is now 100% and I want that back to the way it was. What files should I modify to change that?
golgoth

Post by golgoth »

Oh, another question: i'd like to show, in stats page, not the highest score, but the last 10 quizzes played (with score, of course).

Is it possible? How?

Thanks
Marill

Post by Marill »

golgoth wrote: Put this in phpmyadmin:

CREATE TABLE phpbb_quiz_statistics ( `stats_id` int(5) NOT NULL default '0', `quiz_id` int(10) NOT NULL default '0', `user_id` int(10) NOT NULL default '0', `stats_correct` INT(5) NOT NULL default '0', `stats_incorrect` INT(5) NOT NULL default '0', `stats_percentage` INT(3) NOT NULL default '0'); 
in the meantime im upping my question: which lines should i change if i want cash to be removed when quiz is starting and not when i click on submit? :D

Thanks. It all works now :) I haven't submitted a quiz for the whole test tho :p

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”